What's your dayjob?

I'm a doctoral student getting my degree in School Psychology :) I'll end up being a school psychologist that will have my summers off, perfect for filmmaking!

I'm a student in 6th form (yes, I'm English :cool:) studying Drama, History, Maths & Physics.
Strange combonation but I adore drama, history's awesome, math is a good one to have and physics is interesting.
It doesn't make me money as I'm not published yet, but I write a fair bit too when I can find the time, as well as trying movie stuff.

I manage a call center. One would think that this is unrelated to filmmaking but the truth is that a huge part of directing is being a good leader and babysitter, and my job has given me plenty of experience at both.

Filmmaking draws a lot of artistic people who lack leadership skills and hate confrontation, so I like to think that I have a head start on a lot of those people because of my current job.

I work Grip/electric for film/video. Sports, political, Industrial, music videos, and features. I also produce my own films (NIGHT FEEDERS, NEVER FEED THE TROLL).

Full-time missionary in East Africa, specializing in North Kenya and South Sudan. Between leading relief-work teams and managing transportation/security for smaller campaigns, I also do a LOT of freelance media work. Business has been booming after I've directed 2 Nairobi music videos, and already had multiple offers to shoot for several relief organizations operating in dangerous/restricted areas of Sudan. I'm seriously considering it, especially since the pay is 100% more than I get now! (I raise all of my own support for my work out here)

Back