What's your dayjob?

Hey all,

I'm kind of new around these parts, I think I've had an account for a while and made a few posts but haven't kept up for long.

I'm sure there's an introduction thread around here, and Ill go post in that so I dont bore you in this thread.

But onto the main question, what is your dayjob? I'm curious what others do to pay the bills while working towards their careers as film makers? Are you working in a job that can position you to meet your career goals or are you just working a job for money while writing/producing

Ummmm.....its complicated ;)

EDIT: Have also done some editing for a local sports team in the past, so I guess part time editor. :)

Thought I'd add that at least :)

Last edited:
analyst programmer for the State of Alaska. basically database applications. It doesn't help my film making any, it was just the career I went to college for. Pays the bills nicely and lets me buy fun toys and finance my movie.

No laughing. I'm a used car salesman. Not a dream job, but I wouldn't trade the experience it's given me in dealing with people. It keeps you quick minded and afraid of nothing. If you can deal with the idiots in that business, you can deal with anything

Back