Secret Santa

60 secs works.

Noone's expecting a Shakespearen level of production... right? :idea:

Of course we are!

We're expecting A-list talent-anything not considered award winning you may as well just not bother ;):D

I think mine will be 2-3 minutes of glorious "ummm...okay....sure...."

:D

I think I am going to post my short film that I have been working on for the board to see here. Maybe on December 23 or around Christmas time. It has been a long time in the making. It is not perfect but it is entertaining I think. Hope you guys like it. It is Christmas related. It has snow, snow shovels, a mechanical rain deer with christmas lights. It is a comedy.

I have been working on this short film for over year. It is my first attempt at a short film. It is more of a comedy film but I figured since I all ready had a rain deer, snow shovels, and snow I may as well add it to this event here. It is around 16 or 17 minutes with credits. The theme is unemployment and comedy from living home while unemployed. Titled "Unemployable". It jokes about interviewing over the phone and saying things that probably would not get you hired. It goes on to have a battle of action in the film in a fun way. Includes unusual methods of cleaning the house. I will leave the rest for your surprise.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to see that there are a few people who missed the dealine :(

Sorry, but we really couldn't wait any longer. Anyway I'm looking forward to Murdock's offering and rockerrockstar's short :)

As for my film- I have completed what I might, ironically, call principle photographty. I now face the arduous task of getting that footage on to a computer and editing it. Not as easy as it should be... I hope to have something up by Christmas eve, but it may not include any of the footage I shot yesterday...

As for my film- I have completed what I might, ironically, call principle photographty. I now face the arduous task of getting that footage on to a computer and editing it. Not as easy as it should be... I hope to have something up by Christmas eve, but it may not include any of the footage I shot yesterday...

Wait, you guys are editing?? I just plopped down in front of the camera and improvved for 2 minutes. You bastards. :)

Last edited:
Wait, you guys are editing?? I just plopped down in front of the camera and improved for 2 minutes. You bastards. :)

You improved, in what way, as a person? In a particular skill? I would think that more than two minutes is needed to show any real improvement (unless you're using a musical montage), but I'm glad you feel you did so. ;)

:lol: I know.

Frankly, I hope I am your recipient, because I would love to see you improving about me and all my retardations for two minutes.

:lol: I know.

Frankly, I hope I am your recipient, because I would love to see you improving about me and all my retardations for two minutes.

NO, I was late remember. So I didn't get a name. So mine is to all you elitists who don't want to let the common man into your exclusive christmas club.:):yes:

NO, I was late remember. So I didn't get a name. So mine is to all you elitists who don't want to let the common man into your exclusive christmas club.:):yes:

:lol:

As for me-just some minor touchups, and it'll be ready for tomorrow's debut-though what that's WORTH, I don't know ;)

Granted it turned more into a general Christmas greeting (in my own special way-those who know my films know what to expect-haha), with a shoutout to my recepient-but they can still see it as "their' gift :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm having a terrible day, so not had great success with my film... :(

I'm going to feel like a prize fool if I, as creator of the Secret Santa, can't put something decent together... but I'm having a torrid time of it at the moment.

Well done to everyone who's already finished, I'm looking forward to seeing what we've all produced! :)

Well, I'm having a terrible day, so not had great success with my film... :(

I'm going to feel like a prize fool if I, as creator of the Secret Santa, can't put something decent together... but I'm having a torrid time of it at the moment.

Well done to everyone who's already finished, I'm looking forward to seeing what we've all produced! :)

You're not the prize fool-I took that crown a LONG time ago!;)

I think the fact you are putting "something" together is enough-its your time and energy-same with all of us-we aren't expecting Oscar winning performances(except for you, Zensteve-I'm watching you!:hmm: ;))

With mine, I expect that if people don't fall asleep through it, it will be a success.

It's the thought here! No worries

Done. Link is prepped. Flash mob invites went out. Clean underwear on the dresser. Travelers checks on the desk. Elf hat is donned.

This is gonna be fun. :D

Just spent the past few hours editing blind (my computer can't play back the HD footage but I can cut it and watch on my camera screen to know when to make the edits).

And then... I finish with the footage but want to put a title at the beginning... KABOOM! The whole thing explodes and my computer crashes. I dare not turn it back on for fear that there'll be nothing saved. I don't like to save as I go along because, this has happened several times, my computer crashes when I try and save. So I see it as a jinx... but I'm jinxed anyway...

I really need to get a new computer some time soon. We've got two computers in the house, neither or which is good enough to edit on. And this laptop is a bum too... :(

I see that some people have started posting a day early :) I'll check that out later, but I guess we'll move the dealine forward to TODAY then...

So post at your leisure :)

I'm going to make something funny guys, but I don't have any time to edit or make something super fancy. I was in a horrible car wreck last saturday and suffered a concussion, and screwed up my knee and had a bit of nerve damage in my hand.

I will deliver though, as my word is my word. But the concussion is preventing me from doing any fancy editing.

lol

No need for fancy editing, TrueStar. :cool:

Man, that sucks to get into car-wrecks. :(

At least you're mostly okay. Some wrecks are worse than others, know what I mean? :)

That's scary! film is secondary!-you're a trooper to keep going on though!

If anything it's add more to your recepient, knowing that you went through that!

LMAO!

What fun cluster-eff!

Yeah, I'm in for 2011.

Might I suggest folks go ahead and start collecting emails... now?! :lol:

Back