Secret Santa

I think we all agreed on the 23rd of December onwards so that people aren't having to post on Christmas eve (if they're busy).

If anyone does have a problem with that then make some noise...

How's everyone getting on?

Mine is turning into a bit of a nightmare, for the following problems:

1.) No sound equipment. Hopefully getting Rode NTG + Zoom H4N for Christmas, but that's kind of too late.
2.) Editing equipment. Mentioned this is another thread but it's almost impossible for me to edit the HD footage of the 550D. May have to shoot with a less good camera :(

On the plus side it's absolutely belting out snow over here, so I'll get some great shots from that! :D :cool:

I don't think we should post here...this thread is already muddled. I think whoever posts first should do so in the screening room, perhaps in "other", and label the thread something we can all find, like "Secret Santa Movies." Then if you're not the first, look for that thread and post there.

Ok, UC's right, we'll make a new thread for when we post our prezzies, but for now (in terms of production discussion/boasting/despair) we can use this ol' thread :D

1.) No sound equipment. Hopefully getting Rode NTG + Zoom H4N for Christmas, but that's kind of too late.
2.) Editing equipment. Mentioned this is another thread but it's almost impossible for me to edit the HD footage of the 550D. May have to shoot with a less good camera

1. I'm intentionally shooting mine in-cam audio only.
2. You've probably already mentioned this, but I forgot -- what are your computer's specs? And which software? Have you already used the Vegas trial? There is also a trial for Edius Neo, which will handle DSLR footage, without conversion. Even if you shoot in SD, you've still got the file-type issue.

Oh, and to answer your question, I've done preliminary work. Gonna finish it off some other day (still letting ideas bounce around head).

Just wondering-how "short short" is short?

I mean is mine going to be out of place if its only 3-4 minutes long? Or is that about expected (unless we're doing hour long epic masterpieces ;))

Just wondering-how "short short" is short?

I mean is mine going to be out of place if its only 3-4 minutes long? Or is that about expected (unless we're doing hour long epic masterpieces ;))

I suspect it would be more out of place if it were an hour long epic :)

3-4 mins sound pretty good, I doubt mine will stretch to that long :no:

Back