Secret Santa

I'm not sure if Americans are aware of this Christmas tradition, but I'm pretty sure you are...

To summarise, in case anyone doesn't know, everyone who takes part is assigned a random person to get a gift for/do nice things for. It's a way of bringing communities together and getting nice presents!

At my school's Jewish society we called it Mysterious Moses, so it's really for anyone of any faith. Anyhow I thought it would work really well on Indietalk (I did it on a graphics making website before, to great joy).

Here's how it would work:

1.) Anyone who's interested would submit their name.
2.) Those names would be (secretly) drawn so that everyone had a partner.
3.) Each person would be emailed the name of the person that they have to make a present for.
4.) Peeps go off and make a short, short film as a Christmas present to the person that they get.
5.) Everyone posts their videos here and we all celebrate Christmas and feel chummy!

I would like to reiterate that this game relies on people submitting whatever they've can do in the short time we've got. Shoot it on the RED, on your TSi, on your iPhone, on your WebCam...whatever!

Anyhow it's just a thought. I'd be interested to see if anyone else doesn't think this is an horrendous idea. I'm a very festive person and like to get in the Christmas spirit nice and early!

Sign-Up by 10th of December!

Participants

-NickClapper
-Dreadylocks
-Flicker Pictures
-Cracker Funk
-Zensteve
-Gooberman
-SinEater
-Ernest Worthing
-Uranium City
-Wheatgrinder
-TruEsTaR
-Tinalera

:D

Last edited:
I think it's a great idea but it's really short notice for me. I don't think i could find the time to make a short short :(

Perhaps if i spent a little less time on IT :P (But to be fair, im simultaneously working on my PC when im on IT.)

I think it's a great idea but it's really short notice for me. I don't think i could find the time to make a short short :(

Perhaps if i spent a little less time on IT :P (But to be fair, im simultaneously working on my PC when im on IT.)

Dr.Worthing- It's just a bit of fun. If people wanted to record something on a webcam that would be fine. If they do it on their phone that'd be fine. If they want to do it on the RED that'd be fine. The point is just to do something fun and Christmassy, not necessarily a work of art.

Dreadylocks said:
I think it's a fantastic idea! I would do it

C'est la spirite, ne c'est pas? :D

Papertwinproductions said:
We're crammed, Nick.

The (potential) joy of this is that whatever you can do goes. See above for futher details :D

I would stress that this is not a serious filmmaking endeavour, just a fun way of celebrating Christmas and connecting with our online amigos!

So are you going to start taking names, Nick? If we're gonna do this we gotta get the ball rolling...

See the original post for further details :)

I think a tentative deadline for submitting your name will be 10th of December??? How does that sound to other people? Should give a couple of weeks for people to submit something.

Me too... :cool:

Anyhow we need to get more people involved! If you're considering then please subvert the anti-sex slogan and 'Just say YES!'

Not sure what we do if we have an odd number of participants, but we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

But we need more INDIETALKERS to get this off the ground :D

Anti-sex slogan? Is that was just say no is in the UK?

Also, an odd number is irrelevant. Lets say 9 people do it, that's 9 names and 9 people to draw said names from the proverbial hat. Even numbers would only matter if we were teaming up somehow...

Anti-sex slogan? Is that was just say no is in the UK?

Also, an odd number is irrelevant. Lets say 9 people do it, that's 9 names and 9 people to draw said names from the proverbial hat. Even numbers would only matter if we were teaming up somehow...

Ah yes. I'm no mathematician. That you for clearing that up@ :blush:

Back