Round 3 - Rules & Details (Please Read)

Zensteve said:
I was panicking like a headless chicken :cool:

actually, the chickens are not panicking. They are celebrating that they are about to transcend life. Its a happy occasion. Thats what my parents told me. They wouldn't lie to me. Not about chickens.

Alright- editing, dubbing, SFX, Scoring, rendering.... done.
I'm gonna get some unbiased opinions, do a double check and then submit.
Are you ready?

-Logan-

(Ironically after all that, I hate the damn short, but I guess all the trouble it gave me forced my emotions... we'll see...)

Don't go posting the link around for it just yet, good Spatula. :cool:

All entries will be revealed a few minutes before the deadline...

after all that, I hate the damn short

...and don't go beating yourself up about it, either.

You've gained knowledge and experience by just getting out there and doing it. :yes:

Couple that with the reviews and critiques that your peers on the board will have for you, and that's a mountain of insight and learning you'll be getting for free... just by having strapped on the boots and making a decision to get in the saddle.

DemX posted about that Google thing earlier today... just a word of caution before deciding to host an entry there.

It's in its initial stage right now. There may be a delay between uploading, and it being available. They may even reject it, for whatever reason. Additionally, films that are okayed for the hosting may not be watchable until they move to the next stage... which has not been announced yet.

Keep that in mind. :)

Zensteve said:
Don't go posting the link around for it just yet, good Spatula. :cool:

All entries will be revealed a few minutes before the deadline...

...and don't go beating yourself up about it, either.

You've gained knowledge and experience by just getting out there and doing it. :yes:

Couple that with the reviews and critiques that your peers on the board will have for you, and that's a mountain of insight and learning you'll be getting for free... just by having strapped on the boots and making a decision to get in the saddle.

I certainly will not post any links!! As of yet, I have not uploaded it, and the secret location where it WILL be uploaded will remain securly guarded.

I hate the short, but love the experience. But that's always how I am.. passionate about a project until I stroke the last brush. Then I hold contempt and scorn to it for leaving my head and becoming it's own entity. lol
I can't wait to hear the feedback in my ears. It's wonderful to have this resource.
:weird:

-Logan-

Spatula said:
It's wonderful to have this resource.
:weird:

I say that every day :yes:

IndieTalk.com is the best resource out there, no matter what level of experience.

The boards are not spammed, the mods have solid heads on their shoulders, the feedback from people ranges from "in the biz" to "HEPL just starting"....

(and yes, HEPL is a valid panic term)

Read it.
Learn about it.

Most importantly... do it. :cool:

There is no substitute for actual experience.

_______

No film is perfect. Don't get it right this time? No worry... take the critiques and do better next shoot. It really is that simple. You can't get better at what you do, by holding back and not doing it!

One minute shorts to full-length productions... there's always a way to improve, and if you are willing to bare your soul for feedback, there will always be someone here who will have suggestions of some kind to aid you along the path to betterment. :)

Poke said:
Week and a half left. I will have a surprise for all of you come next Saturday.

Poke

An extension on the deadline? That would be a pleasant surprise!

I've spent more time building stuff for my studio (or garage, depending on what's parked in there) than I have on anything else during this project.

For those of you interested, I constructed some portable fluorescent towers. They look more like stereo speakers than lights, but they work GREAT with Daylight Deluxe (6500 K) bulbs. It's really simple - 30' of 1" PVC pipe (about $9), 3 PVC "T" Connectors ($2), 4 PVC End Caps ($2), one 4' shop light ($8) and a couple of bulbs ($10). A couple of machine screws too, but those were found in a big bucket of spare parts. It's incredible how the lights draw out flesh tones - unlike traditional "flo's."

Oh yeah... and lots of PVC pipe and connectors to construct a green screen stand. I'll post pictures of the "studio" later.

Poke said:
Consider yourselves on my hit list.
Poke

lol- I think we just disqualified our entries.. that's the last time I get a beef going with the judge!
Good lesson to learn, lol... I have to go to court in June for my just short of a million parking tickets...

SPaulovich said:
An extension on the deadline? That would be a pleasant surprise!

I've spent more time building stuff for my studio (or garage, depending on what's parked in there) than I have on anything else during this project.

For those of you interested, I constructed some portable fluorescent towers. They look more like stereo speakers than lights, but they work GREAT with Daylight Deluxe (6500 K) bulbs. It's really simple - 30' of 1" PVC pipe (about $9), 3 PVC "T" Connectors ($2), 4 PVC End Caps ($2), one 4' shop light ($8) and a couple of bulbs ($10). A couple of machine screws too, but those were found in a big bucket of spare parts. It's incredible how the lights draw out flesh tones - unlike traditional "flo's."

Oh yeah... and lots of PVC pipe and connectors to construct a green screen stand. I'll post pictures of the "studio" later.

Please do, I am particulary interested in these lights you've built.

Details will be forthcoming on the procedure of linking to your films. If you upload early, DO NOT post a link on the board, send a PM to either Indie or Me with the link in it. Competition does not start until Saturday the 30th, please do not try to get a head start.

Poke

That's a great prize, Poke! Thanks!

You may as well just mail it (and the rest of the prizes) to me now and... oh wait... wrong thread.
smiley_ninja.gif

Back