Round 3 - Rules & Details (Please Read)

Zensteve said:
Everyone in this is hobbled by the limitations of 'net-viewable presentations. Online films never have the perfect viewing conditions, especially with the filesize caps for this... I suspect that a strong story will carry more weight than the odd pixelation problems. :cool:

John@Bophe said:
Ooops. Uh-oh.

hehe... erg.

cibao said:
Can't decide on a script. Can't decide on the actors. Can't decide on sound track.

Yep. Right on schedule.

I tell ya, these kinds of challenges make your hair fall out. :)

Back in Round #1 all my cast & crew vanished into the ether. I ended up scripting something overnight, popped two cameras on tripods to give two angles of myself in the one spot and did it solo. I got something in, anyway.

You'll think of something I'm sure... even if it means a few sleepless nights in the couple of days before the deadline. :cool:

Zensteve said:
I tell ya, these kinds of challenges make your hair fall out. :)
QUOTE]

I don't have enough to spare!

Actually I think that I'm going with an unwritten one in my head. It revolves around you and Poke...no more hints either. And just remember that it's all in fun!:yes:

Chris

:cool:

Ladies and Gentlemen, and ZenSteve,

I am announcing my withdraw from this competition. I do not forsee an open timeslot in my ever so bizzy schedule where I can write, shoot, edit, finish, and upload a short. :mope:

Sincerely....

Oh no!

The steadfast Coot has stumbled along the path. :eek:

May we meet again in further challenges, good sir.
smiley_piratriot.gif

(and it's always in good fun, Cibao ;))

I am. Unless divine intervention stops me...

Hey- QUESTION- Is there a time limit on the piece? I know it has to be under 25MB, but is there a running time?

Last edited:
I have to re-cast one part, but other than that I'm on schedule. That's the "full bore linear panic" schedule, not the one I originally drafted.

Quick question;

Does the line of dialogue have to be word for word or can we change it up a bit? For instance could I use "We will have a good time" in place of "Did you have a good time"?

Hmm ok. Thanks Poke. How prominent does the line of dialogue have to be? Can we have it written or does it have to be spoken? Does it have to be key to the plot/characters or can it be thrown in somewhere just to meet the requirements (of course in as elegant a manner possible)?

If you have a person in the background say it, as long as it's audible, then it'll be okay.

It doesn't have to be prominent, just audible and close to the original line.

Poke

QUESTION:
How strict is the 5min rule?
Would a few (9) extra seconds be ok?
Or not?

EDIT: Nevermind. I cut my precious 9 seconds. Are you happy now? You better be!!!! :P

Last edited:
It's 4am in the morn, and we have just finished filming.

Many thanks to Lenny Lenox & Vito Trabucco from OtherSide Cinema for coming along... they were a great help, especially since two regular crew peeps failed to show up. While I was panicking like a headless chicken, they ended up doing much more than expected. I owe my sanity (unhinged as it is) to them being there to fill in unexpected positions. :)

We're likely going to have an issue with sound (surprise surprise) as we couldn't find the breaker for the bar's huge long fridge... and it would kick in every 5 minutes or so. Coupled with a tight schedule that didn't allow for many retakes... it might be ADR time again.

Full details later today, including still-pics and more information about everyone who was there... too many to name and thank, this early in the morn.

:cool:

Back