Proposal to the Board: Supporting our troops

hey im new to the board and this is my first post.

I think this is an awesome idea and I am willing to put my fanfilm in if it's not to late

Good morning, Mr Chalkface!

:welcome:

The deadline is still two weeks away (as of today). Probably best to get it in early though, as Mr HailToTheKing will have his hands full when he receives a rush of last-minute tapes.

smiley_patriot.gif

One more thing, HTTK just wondering if there was a way that I can get a copy of that DVD, or maybe you can sell them online somethig. I know your busy now but i was just wondering. Cause it would be cool to have a copy of everyones flick. ?

maybe you can sell them online somethig.

No sir, that will not be possible.

In the various e-mails and PMs I sent out out, while soliciting flicks for the soldiers, I assured everyone I contacted that the DVDs were not going to be sold nor draw any revenue. The permissions were very specific. (It had to be, with such a divisive issue)

There are shorts on the DVD that are there only because they know it's not a money-maker.

It's a gift for the fighting men & women... We put money and politics aside, as we try to make something that can cheer the lives of people 8,000 miles away... even if for a brief 90 minutes.

______

Last edited:
No I agree, I just wanted a copy so I figured I would have to pay for it , and I think it's a great idea I don't see whats wrong with selling them to support the filmmakers. I mean of course later down the road. Hey there's nothing wrong wiht making a little profit, especially to help out a filmmaker. So I understand what we are doing, but we are in this business to make some cash one day. It was just a simple question?

I hope I did not appear grumpy, Denny. It was not my intention. :)

Some other commercial DVD compilation is not a bad idea at all.

That would make for a great new project. :yes:

This one, though, is what it is.
(How's that for a truism?) :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I'd like a copy for myself too. The thing is, like you said, if money IS involved it changed the entire thing. Contracts need to be signed and permissions have to be given. Who's going to keep track of all that? I mean I'm down to pay for an Indie Talk Comp DVD... but I'm sure a lot of the films wouldn't be able to be sold due to legal issues. BUT, I'm down for whatever. I can't wait until I get the trailer done for the one I'm working on... It will be awesome!!

I was hoping to give everyone a copy that did something for this effort after we've got this all over with though. Never, ever will money be involved in this project. That's not the main goal here. So they'll never be for sale. :) A indietalk comp DVD would be intresting to see for sure.

Mikey D, I got your donation today UPS. 50 Brand spankin' new DVDs are here! Thanks a mil man! :D
And the regular mail hasn't even came yet! Might be more goodies there today.

HailtotheKing said:
I was hoping to give everyone a copy that did something for this effort after we've got this all over with though.

I thought I remembered us speaking about this ... yeah, we should worry about getting it all out by Christmas, then getting all the donaters a copy.

Poke

For the past few days I've been in contact with a few printers here in town. But today I found out that none of them wanted to donate the printing of the covers. One place even wanted me to pay for the ink they would have used. :P So if anyone would like to contact a printer where they are and see if they'll give us a hand with this, that would be fantastic.
Chris, put alot of time and effort into the cover, and IT'S GOING to be the cover. :)

bad news people....i won't be able to submit my short on time...:(...if you need help with anything else what so ever, feel free to contact me.

SP, I'll let you know when I get the DVD artwork from Chris and I'll send it to you for your friend to print up. Major thanks for this one. :)

Chalk, No prob! I'll be on the lookout for it!

Nick, no worries. We still need help with postage for the DVDs. We have about half so far. Just throwing that out your way. :)

Back