Proposal to the Board: Supporting our troops

Hello there, filmyr
smiley_pac.gif

Only a couple of weeks left to get a flick to HTTK, mind you. :)

hey Will and Zensteve, i'll definitly keep the deadline in mind...

filmry-Thanks for your support. It's people like you and others on this board that's really going to make this shine! Keep the deadline in mind, but keep us updated with your film. Even if you don't submit it for this complition DVD, there will be another for sure! :)

Poor Poke :( I'm sorry your behind, I hardly can't keep up with the donations as well. Packaging, bubble wrap, tape would come in handy for sure. Best of luck on it before someone beats you to it! :lol: I already have some package material.

Lets leave the politics to the bureaucrats we are film makers and we can change the future by making are dreams come true on screens all across the glob threw are stories.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Onward men!

Poke said:
As far as politcal discussions go, we will keep them off of this thread ... any political posts will be deleted henceforth - consider yourselves warned.

What part of this was hard to grasp??? I wont delete what's already been said, but be advised political discussion for or against the troops will not be tolerated any longer.

Anyway ... I'll call some packing supply places tomorrow and see if we can't get some donations.

Poke

Last edited:
I just want to say you guys are doing an awesome job. Keep up the great work and don't mind the people that try to screw a good thing up with there political crap. My flick should be with you soon. Thanks for all the hard work you guys I really appreciate it.

P.S King is there another way I can send Money?

Last edited:
Since i obviously dont have a short to submit yet(and most likely wont) I'd like to make the flash intro for the DVD (i'd export as AVI and Flash and QT, whichever HTTK would like) But it'd be done in flash :) so what would we like to see on it? Get specific too.

filmyr said:
hey Will and Zensteve, i'll definitly keep the deadline in mind...

filmyr is one of the people working with me on the film, he didn't know i already posted to participate. but nice guy. :yes:

Stefan,
Until you talk to a soldier over there in harms way, then shut your yapper. I have spoken to many and they would love ANYTHING! A card, a photo, a letter, a CD, ANYTHING. What we are doing here will not be appreciated by one soldier, but many soldiers on a level that you obviously can't understand.
If you're gonna bitch about the war then do it in another thread, not this one. This is for the support of our troops, which obviously you don't know, don't care to know, and don't care about. If you did, you wouldn't be bashing this wonderful idea.

So ZIP IT or move it to another thread.

If you want to ask some soldiers if they would like this idea, ask Singe, IceMan, Stoney, Slanky, TAZ, and others here: http://psyberillusionsmedia.com/guestbook

You will get a unanimous YES!

CootDog said:
Stefan,
Until you talk to a soldier over there in harms way, then shut your yapper. I have spoken to many and they would love ANYTHING! A card, a photo, a letter, a CD, ANYTHING. What we are doing here will not be appreciated by one soldier, but many soldiers on a level that you obviously can't understand.
If you're gonna bitch about the war then do it in another thread, not this one. This is for the support of our troops, which obviously you don't know, don't care to know, and don't care about. If you did, you wouldn't be bashing this wonderful idea.

So ZIP IT or move it to another thread.

If you want to ask some soldiers if they would like this idea, ask Singe, IceMan, Stoney, Slanky, TAZ, and others here: http://psyberillusionsmedia.com/guestbook

You will get a unanimous YES!

I for one know that when I was over seas FIGHTING AND IN HARMS WAY had a few mates that got DVDs from back home and yes they were INDE films from friends we had back home we just sat and had a blast with them.

HTTK -- UPS is on their way (today) to pick up the package for you! 100+ empty DVD cases, plus a copy of the movie on CD, and an extra $40 to go toward shipping expenses.

Sorry guys for not posting in a few days. Was very busy helping a friend move into his new house. Fun Fun Fun! :P

vegas and others, the Paypal button for donations isn't working. So if you would like to donate money for postage/supplies please send a Money Order to the address in the first post. :)

John, Groovy! I'll be on the lookout! It seems like this is the week when everything will be coming in. My mailman will have to work overtime for sure! ;) I'll let you know when I get them. Thanks again man for all your support.

my film is going great. :cool: ...i just need to get some wardrobe for one of my actors, and we'll be set to film...but getting it in on time, is another issue. :( ...that's in the hands of fate.

Nick, hope you can get something done. If not, thanks for your support! :)

Zen, I'll be on the look out for them.

I got the first short in today, it was VEGAS' short! :) Thanks vegas for sending it in and supporting this effort.

YO!

I just chatted, on AIM with a Sniper I know from Iraq. He's on his 15 day R&R out in Cali... He sait that this is a good idea and that the soldiers would love it. HTTK, I sent you his address.

One thing he said was that the CO's probably wouldn't share the DVD's. He said the the troops would more likely be the ones to send them to.

I know some more troops out in Iraq and can get some addy's from Afghan too. My cousin was a MediVac pilot out there...

Back