Proposal to the Board: Supporting our troops

Coot, I'll be previewing everything that goes on the DVD. :)

Updated first post with who's donating films. I didn't relize so many people said they would. Now everyone just has to start sending them in! :D
Also we've hit our mark for blank DVDs, going over number....WHICH IS AMESOME!!! I just had an idea, maybe we could get some wrapping paper and wrap the DVDs for Christmas opening! That would be cool and that would hit the Christmas theme even more on the head. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
War in Iraq

Why doesn't the USA end its illegal occupation of Iraq, the locals don't want your army there, isn't it obvious by now? I think a good film starts with that idea...

To agree or disagree about war is one thing.

BUT EVERYONE has the right to support our troops. Sure it be great if there was no war, but that just isn't the way are in the world. The troops don't want war, but they are willing to make a sacrifice of there life for us. This effort is for the troops and no political viewpoint. They need our encouragement and uplifting around the holiday season. This DVD just isn't just going to troops in Iraq. It's going there and many other stations around where we have troops.

necessary...

With respect, the invasion was illegal, there were no WMD, President Hussein was backed by the USA and therefore no threat..why have a war? Great fodder for a doco, shame that lightweight Michael Moore got there first....

Stefan,
This is not about war or politics. This is about supporting the troops. The actual people that are getting killed. What ever your viewpoint is on the war or political agenda is not for this thread. If you want to help out with this awesome idea, then please do so. If you can't get over your political views to see the people that are over there fighting, then I'm sorry.

If you want to learn more about the war and the lives it affects go to http://psyberillusionsmedia.com/guestbook You'll learn about the soldiers out there and how THEY feel. They post on that guestbook all the time, as well as their family and friends. Your political gripes and problems will be welcomed there....

Here, in this thread, we are trying to do something positive. All posts have been so until you posted. :no:

Again, if you want to help out, please do so. If not the take your political views somewhere else.

IN FACT, if you want to BASH BUSH go here... that's where your views will be greatly appreciated: http://www.sticktowhatyouknow.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=offtopic;action=display;num=1096080279 :yes:

Last edited:
Well, we got our DVDs. So now I guess I will switch to packaging. It sucks being behind.

As far as politcal discussions go, we will keep them off of this thread ... any political posts will be deleted henceforth - consider yourselves warned.

Poke

Poke said:
Well, we got our DVDs. So now I guess I will switch to packaging. It sucks being behind.

As far as politcal discussions go, we will keep them off of this thread ... any political posts will be deleted henceforth - consider yourselves warned.

Poke

You know I was going to go into a big post on supporting the troops and all that and about the war itself as I am a vet as CootDog knows but I will leave that all out and just say lets do are best to support them in anyway we can even if its just a letter with a thank you in it and come home safe as we love you men and woman.

Lets leave the politics to the bureaucrats we are film makers and we can change the future by making are dreams come true on screens all across the glob threw are stories.

Last edited:
Ok guys, when threads get too long i stop reading them. So if you want to talk about the flash intro that i MAY OR MAY NOT be making, email me at rizien@gmail.com or AIM = Rizien.

CPAM i saw your messages too late that one time when you tried to IM me. So try again next time you're on and/or email me.

support of the armed forces...

I think you need to look at things as they really are, the war is over in Iraq and the armed forces have now been given the job of being 'The Police' which an army tends to be rather bad at, see thirty years of the British Army being 'the police' in Northern Ireland. A fragile solution was only reached by intensive political and not military means and involved a necessary dialogue with 'terrorists' on all sides. An army is never going to export democracy or freedom to a middle eastern country because they have a different conception of these things than people in the USA do. I think that you might be lending well intended support to something which is foolhardy and wrong. I think if you dig a little below the surface you will find that the troops want to come home anyway, they need a motive to carry on a military campaign, the encouragement of some indie film-makers back home may well just serve as an irritant however well intended. You also need to look at how long this situation will last, the idea of 'supporting the troops' implies that they will be home by Xmas. Make no mistake this situation will be going on for another ten years and I hope you are sincere in your support because a token effort will seem like a smack in the face for these people unless you are in for the long-pull. I didn't bash Bush by the way I was talking about ending the situation out there so that nobody else has to die. I just wanted you to be aware that by no stretch of the imagination are you lending your support to a 'freedom operation', just so you are certain of that in your own mind or not. I don't want to see a situation or support a war where the USA are seen leaving in the last helicopter from the embassy roof. Yes that war was a 'freedom' operation, again an attempt to intervene in internal affairs of another country and a complete disaster for all concerned because it allowed communism to actually prevail for a long time in that instance. I don't think that my comments are off-topic one bit and suggesting that I post elsewhere is indicative of a wish to censor views which don't happen to coincide with yours. What's your real take on 'freedom' then?

And cootdog, i LOVED your post in that thread. GJ man.

And stefan, make a new post, dont Derail this one, please. Copy all that info, make it into a new post, and post the link to that post inplace of your post above mine. Please.

I think it means that you just don't want to hear or consider another point of view. The troops aren't coming home for Christmas, don't you understand that yet?? And I don't think they really care about the support given to them by some indie film-makers, I think they would quite like to come home really....that's what you should be lending your support to...

Last edited:
No it means this thread is about entertaining our troops with what we have. It means this thread is about fucking helping the troops. like i said MAKE A NEW post and I'll be glad to tell you how it is there. Keep this thread about the troops and what we're gonna do to help them.

DERAILING means taking a post about ONE THING(Supporting our troops) and making it about ANOTHER THING(your politics). Make a new thread and save this one while we can.

We're sending DVD's to wherever they are, dont you understand that?

SO that means dont even try? We can entertain them and let them know we support and care about them. Or we can protest and look like fools while they think no one appreciates them. Get real dude, make a new post before this one goes to shit. And mods, if you delete anything delete(provided he doesnt make a new thread) our bickering (mine and his). So we can save this thread.

Last edited:
I don't think they would really want to be entertained by some Indie film-makers (me included) at this stage of their lives. I think it's a nice gesture but it is based on a mis-understanding and an assumption of what other people want. My view isn't all that radical really...

Some of our indie films are really really great. Some suck. Either way its what members of this board have decided to do. Lets seriously not talk about your views here. Please make a new post regarding politics. And we'll talk there. I'd really like for the mod/admin to delete all the useless posts to clean this thread up. We've got six pages and like 3 or 4 of those 6 are useful.

Stefan Gray said:
I don't think they would really want to be entertained by some Indie film-makers (me included) at this stage of their lives. I think it's a nice gesture but it is based on a mis-understanding and an assumption of what other people want. My view isn't all that radical really...
OK, so don't participate, no big deal. You've made yourself clear, now let them get on with their project.

hello indietalk community! me and a couple of my friends have been reading this thread for sometime now, and its perfect because we are just in the beginning stages of our film, so, we plan to submit it to help you guys for cinema shorts for soldiers. If we don't get the film in, on time, then we will contribute money. I think this is an awsome idea, glad to be a part of it. :cool:

Back