• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ITOOFC #4 Rules, Details, and Knick Knacks

What do you all think of this camera:

Might be able to get one off Bill's school for free. Would it be worth the extra two CCD's for the 1/6 chips?

Or should we stick with the 1CCD Sony TRV-25???

The TRV25... or the PV-GS65....

Meeting a producer tonight to see about him being a location manager... Script is at a shooting draft now- any further changes will be improvised... planning to shoot on the 10-11, Oct.

Good luck everybody- this is looking to be one hell of a challenge!

-Logan-

Win or lose I plan on having a party for the cast and crew and I'd like to schedule it so that we find out the results while everyone is at the party.

Is there anyway to know when the final judgements will be handed down? I mean can we narrow it down to a date and time?

PST - Daylight savings is over in Nov. ;)

WOOHOOO!

I have a LOT of actors that want to come aboard on this one... awesome!

Some crew too...

Hey, what happened to that Goat? Montain lion got it's tounge? Poster or not to poster...

UPDATE:

In addition to the film competition we will also be having a poster competition for the ITOOFC entries. Posters are due on the same day as the final film, send Poke a PM if you plan on entering a poster and he will give you details about uploading and what not. The winner will be chosen by popular vote and will recieve a 16X20 replica of their award winning poster. Good luck.

Poke

Zensteve said:
If the poster is being printed up, the source image would need be 300dpi or better, yes?
Unless you like it all pixely and crappy. ;)

I'm making mine 16" x 20" at 600dpi

Then I have to shrink it WAY DOWN to be able to optimize it for the web and save it...

Original file size is like 300Meg

Web image size file size is 400k

Poster could be done with the lower resolution but the results won't be good...

Change the image size of what you have to 16" x20" and see what it looks like... that's about how it will turn out.

Zensteve said:
If the poster is being printed up, the source image would need be 300dpi or better, yes?

Yes. Since no one's PMed me yet, I'll go ahead and put this out there...the poster needs to be uploaded to the web by the entrant and the pic needs to be high res.

Poke

Don't want to say I'm in because I said that last time and got nowhere (except for a script i'm rather proud of).

But... I'm going to at least try to compete and I came up with a couple of questions while brainstorming (I know, a little late):

-There's been a lot of discussion about the genre already, but i just want to clarify: any movie whose main purpose is to be scary is ok?
and:
-How many "points" are there total? +2 could make a lot of difference depending on how big the scale is.

Thanks for answering!

Euling said:
There's been a lot of discussion about the genre already, but i just want to clarify: any movie whose main purpose is to be scary is ok?

Yes.

Euling said:
How many "points" are there total? +2 could make a lot of difference depending on how big the scale is.

Last round there was a total of 70 available points (30 for the Technical Side, 40 for the Creative Side) per judge. With 4 judges each entry had an available 280 points and the Bonuses (B&W and Early Bird Bonus) made it a possible 283 points.

This time there might be more, I haven't completed the new Judges Score Sheet yet or announced all the judges.

But 2 points can make a difference, last round's winner won by a margin of only 20 points.

Poke

Back