Sony 24p HD

Landon,

I think our Founder said it best. I will only add that you will learn a LOT more from the people here if you treat us all with respect. Lying about your experience is disrespectful to the people making up this community.

If you are here on this board to inflate your ego, then I wonder: why? None of us here know you - I know I am not less impressed by a 16 year old who has never shot a feature over 60 days - I am not less impressed by a 16 year old that doesn't use $500 tapes. In fact, I have been very impressed by your knowlege and passion.

It's sad you chose to lie instead of help.

I don't believe everyone is turning against you. It seems you still have "friends" here - though your credability is on the line and I will find it very difficult to trust what you say for a long time.

Ok, Im going to keep this short by saying that Im sorry I lied on your Forum... Not all of it was lies, but 50% was.... I dont really feel like explaing what is and is not, so please, What ever i post from this point on is the truth, and nothing but the truth. (Man that feels better to get that out).

Thank you all,
Landon Parks

P.S) I'll try to post my TRUE filmography soon, Although Not right now.

Director_by_nature said:
Ok, Im going to keep this short by saying that Im sorry I lied on your Forum... Not all of it was lies, but 50% was.... I dont really feel like explaing what is and is not, so please, What ever i post from this point on is the truth, and nothing but the truth. (Man that feels better to get that out).
This is the second time you have told us that you will no longer lie.

"Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me."

--Chinese Proverb.

Landon joined on May 19, 2004 and hasn't mentioned being in production on any of these features or shorts and posts several times a day, so logic dictates that all the shorts and features were finished before May.

So far in 2004 (4 months) he has directed 2 features, and 3 shorts plus cameraman on 1. Has spent appx: $12,000 or $3,000 per month.

Claims to not be rich. But to come up with $12,000 over a 4 month period, someone has to have access to money.

Several of the people who post here have directed features. Shooting a feature for $2,000 isn't out of the question - nor is shooting one for $8,000. It's the time frame and total money spend during the first 4 months of 2004 that I question.

Even if the shorts were shot in 3 days (average for each one) I see a total of 33 days of production.

Post production isn't even factored into these difficult to believe numbers. Assuming a very low shooting ratio of 5:1, we're talking about digitizing 23 hours of video footage. Assuming a more typical ratio of 10:1 that figure doubles.

Assuming a blazingly fast 8 minutes a DAY of finished cutting I see another 35 days. Assuming a realistic 2 minutes of finished, cut footage a day - I see 137 days, or 4 and a half months of editing. And THAT is assuming no days off.

Landon gives us no indication that someone else is editing. I just don't see how one person can write, produce, direct and edit this many projects in such a short period of time.

Damn! I have too much time on my hands. I wish my editor would finish his cut already so I can get back to my movie.

Once again Landon's book knowledge and passion and enthusiasm belies his actual, practical experience.

And I am once again sorry to see that someone with such passion and knowledge chooses to disrespect the members of this fine forum with another set of ego boosting lies.

Landon, this is one case where I would LOVE to be proven too cynical and completely wrong. PM me and I will send you my address. Send me copies of both features (finished or not) and all 3 shorts and I will make a humble, public apology here in this fine message board community.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Director_by_nature said:
First, I'll post my TRUE filmography:

1998 - 2003: I studies Filmmaking VERY HARD. I must have read over 200 books on the subject, my favorite of which I still use is " Indie Feature film Production"....

2003: Sat-in on a local filmmaking class, And found I did not want to go that route.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year of Production: 2004
Shot on: Hi8
Crew Possition: Almost Everything.
Budget: Nothing. It was one of the Community access TV things.
Length: 10min
Genre: Documentary.
Notes: This was my First Production.
Year of Production: 2003
Shot on: HD
Crew Possition: Camerman
Budget: Im not sure
Length: I know I must have shot 5 hours of tape, but Im not sure of the final length (I'll explain below)
Genre: Drama
Notes: This Production was my wortst. I was hired as Camerman by a local film school student. 3rd or 4th day in on the 6 day shoot, I quit for the reason that the Director was a Jack*ss (Excuse my Language). Since then, I have had no contact with him, and I did not get a copy of the final film. so I have nothing but my word for this one.
Shot on: Consumer MiniDV
Crew Possition: Almost Everything again.
Budget: Ummm, Somthing like $300...
Length: 8 Minutes
Genre: Horror
Notes: No comment :shock:
Shot on: Pro-sumer DV, Dont remember exact camera.
Crew Possition: Director / Producer / Camera / Editor / Writter
Budget: $900
Length: 24 minutes
Genre: Cant be defined.
Notes: Well, An eye opening production. Lets leave it at that.
Shot on: Prosumer DV
Crew Possition: Director / Producer / Camera / Editor / Writter
Budget: Yep.... I think $2,000.00
Length: 1: 24min
Notes: My First Feature.... Production was like 12 days long I think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shot on: Prosumer DV
Crew Possition: Same as above film.
Budget: $800.00
Length: 41min
Genre: Drama
Notes: My First Short after my First feature.
Shot on: DV
Crew Possition: Producer / Director / Writter / Editor
Budget: $8,000.00
Length: 1: 56min
Notes: My 2nd Feature.
Year of Production: 2004 (In Development)
Shot on: We will use either a Panasonic SDX-900, Sony HDW-F900 or Viper. (Not sure)
Crew Possition: Well, I know I'll Producer and Direct it.
Budget: im aiming for at least $200,000.00.... But my comfort zone is $1 Million
Length: ??
Genre: ??
Notes: This is the Production coming up late this year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp, there you have it... Total Truth. no lies. What do you think?

Now, From what you got off of that, I do have the meeting with the Producer in Indianapolis.

If there is any thing else you are wondering, then ask me.

Landon

Landon, I'm sorry but I agree with Directorik.

Unfortunately you've built up a 'boy who cried wolf' pretense which makes your filmography both questionable and in turn slightly comical.

I don't think anyone here is really interested in a list of unconfirmed shootings. Instead, we are really interested in what you can offer the board.

I must say it would be nice to *SEE* your work... after all - we are film-makers... we go on what we see! Seeing is believing!

Understand that I personally find the time scale in which your filmography has cropped up quite laughable. Especially since you claim that you have done all the jobs yourself...

you know doing all the jobs yourself is the true mark of a total amatuer ;) Team playing and Delegation is the mark of an aspiring professional. Isn't doing all the jobs yourself really boring? I would find it so.

I strongly beleive, and have always beleived that film-making is not a solo art form - that's why Indietalk exists. To make a film which is any good you have to work within a community, or a team! Ask anyone on this board and I can bet you a sum you'll get the same answer.

I don't understand why you are being so pretentious. I'm not going to patronise you but I am going to say that I think it's a foolish thing to think that you're far advanced at age 16. You'll have a lot to learn. film-making isn't just about making films, it's about making films within the environment around you.

How about being more humble? I don't beleive humility is a bad thing. After all... If you pretend to the world you have everything then the world will never think it has anything it can offer you.

To be quite honest with you Landon, no one cares if you've read 200 books, studied film-making, own a $20mil studio, worked with jonny depp, or is the president's son, all we care about is what you can offer this community and what we can offer you!

Hope you hear me loud and clear... Over... and out.

1. What were the titles?! That's a pretty important part of a film. Why would you not include the titles?

2. If this is the truth; you are rich. There's nothing wrong with it, just don't deny that you are either loaded, or you are still lying.

3. It's spelled "writer"! I noticed that you kept writing "writter" before (in other posts too). Not a big deal at all....just thought I'd point that out.

Director_by_nature said:
I'll post my work as stated in the Screening room. For Proof of my work. This way you wont be so quick to judge someone.
Quick to judge! The members have given you chance after chance ... no one was quick to judge. You admit that you lied about owning a studio, and told us you would never lie again. Then you posted a bunch of crap about producing high-budget HD features, and then you said that was all lies. Why should we believe you? And now you tell us we are quick to judge! I don't know what your problem is, but I for one, will never trust you. Others can judge for themselves. If you decide not to come back, good riddance.

Back