Sony 24p HD

I'm beginning to think Logan is pulling our collective legs again.

He tells us he has shot a 4 hour film on a 60 day shoot. 6 months of 12-16 hour days. Using $500 D5 tapes as his shooting master. A minimun of $20,000 on a movie that was never intended to be shown to the public.

This just doesn't make sense to me.

Even a DP and director and producer demanding the highest quality for a 35mm transfer for a major theatrical release (think Star Wars) doesn't shoot on the AJ-D5C124L.

This just doesn't make sense to me.

I understand hiring owner operators. But working six months? For free? The most expensive step was tape cost? What about food for your cast and crew? Insurance? Expendables? No one was paid for six months of five day weeks?

None of this makes sense.

Just like Landon's claim that buying camera, grip and lighting equipment is cheaper than renting made no sense, this just doesn't hold up to actual, shooting experience.

An entire crew and cast working five day weeks for six months for free?

In this very thread Landon said, "Im still not sure rather to use HD or not for a feature. Im sure that will be up to the Studio (Or the Funder), Not to me. But if I get the chance to work in HD, I think I'll try it." What do you mean if you get the chance to use HD you'll try it? What do you mean you're still not sure weather to use HD for a feature? You have shot at least 6 months on HD. Maybe even more.

On May 29 Landon told us he had directed two features - one 40 days, the other 26 days. Landon, were these two features also made never to be shown? Why did you not mention the 60 day feature?

Where does Landon get the money to make this many movies? Three features is appx. $45,000 for stock alone. Movies that he never plans to sell - or even show to people?

I recently offered to connect Landon with my agent. On June 1 Landon said he was going on a 3-5 week vacation so would be able to reply until he got back. Yet he has time to post about his shoots and tape preferences.

Landon, I'm not calling you a liar. But too much of what you say simply doesn't make sense. And you HAVE lied on forums before.

I agree with our IndieTalk Founder: stop with the BS. We can learn a lot from each other.

Director_by_nature said:
I plan to post an update tomorrow that will clear this up... so please dont post anythign more till you have the update.

Thanks,
Landon
Just for the record, you lost all credibility in my eyes when you admitted to making a flase post last month (and you'll never be able to get it back).

To quote Star Trek (the font of all 20th century wisdom): Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

>>
I'll do that.<<

Hehehe, you crack me up ZenSteve :D.

I agree with arniepix. Trust is something that is earned and right now there hasn't been any earning, just loosing.

*sigh*

Let's get back to the real indietalk.com where we have hard working people one can trust!

Alright, you got me. I lied. I have nothing cool to say. I am a useless piece of dust floating through life trying to make something of myself.

You happy now Mr. 20 Million Dollar Man!?!?

Poke

Alright, you got me. I lied. I have nothing cool to say. I am a useless piece of dust floating through life trying to make something of myself.
Sounds Like Myself more than anything.

If i had $20 Million Dollars, I would not be having this conversation right now. I would be out spending it.

So tell me, what is it that you want from me? The truth? Will that clear things up??... I wish it would, becuase I dont like myself after what I have caused in here. Everyone is turning against me. I dont know what more to do?
I had a big speach to say, But im not even sure if that will get me anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Landon

Director_by_nature said:
Sounds Like Myself more than anything.

If i had $20 Million Dollars, I would not be having this conversation right now. I would be out spending it.

So tell me, what is it that you want from me? The truth? Will that clear things up??... I wish it would, becuase I dont like myself after what I have caused in here. Everyone is turning against me. I dont know what more to do?
I had a big speach to say, But im not even sure if that will get me anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Landon

Simple. Apologize, move on, and do not lie again. There is no need to. If the speech you planned is full of more lies, forget it, because we will see right through it. There are students, as well as professional filmmakers here, but we are all on the same level - we are here to learn from each other, and make friends.

NO MORE LIES! :)

"On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

:-$

Director_by_nature said:
So tell me, what is it that you want from me? The truth? Will that clear things up??

"The truth shall set you free!" - Jim Carrey ... or ... Charlton Heston ... or ... God. Someone said it damn it!

Seriously, give us your speech. If you have been on the wrong side of the truth all this time, I can forgive you if you fess up. I'm a very forgiving person, just ask the guy who killed my pet snake Reggie. But know that everyone seems to be in agreement that you are lying, if you are not then I am sorry, but you are making some very big claims, plus you've already admited to one lie, and if you lie again you will destroy what little trust some might have in you.

Poke

I want to read your speech too! Post it!

We all know you were lying, but I want to hear what you had to say. I'll forgive you. Actually, I was never really mad in the first place...I just didn't believe you anyway, but I'll forgive...so speech!

Zensteve said:
Pssst... Directorik... I believe you mean Landon (not Logan) in the first line.
LOGAN L Productions said:
How did I get pulled into this?!
I want you both to know that is the first mistake I have EVER made in my whole, entire life!

Please don't hold it against me.

Logan on the mind... ha ha - I love it. So any... what I am really intrigued to know is what has director_by_nature actually done in the past? I want to see some work! I am truly intrigued!

Thank you for being intrigued Shot. I will explain what I have done in the past along with my "Speach" that everyone seems to want to hear.

I'll post it ASAP, but im doing somthing right now. I'll post it by today anyway (its 5:07am here).

Thanks,
Landon Parks

Back