• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Of Consequence"

Spatula said:
Must.. get... that... program...

It can be handy... but it gets old really fast. You'll be able to pick out the SmartSound songs in almost any locally-made tv commercial, too. Very distracting. Useful in a pinch, though.

I got mine basically free. A video-card I bought a while back came bundled with Pinnacle Studio 7... and Studio 7 comes with basic SmartSound on it. The only time I load Studio 7 is if I need to use SmartSound. :lol:

I might try to acquire the program (cheaply)... could come in handy, as I'm trying to build up some skills and start getting some freelance work... and even if it's a tad cheesy, the ease of it would be supremo neato!

Just finished watching...

The first thing I didn't like was the picture of Miguel as a Marine... Maybe I'm nitpicking here but Marines didn't wear camo tshirts back then... He wouldn't be saluting in that kind of a picture either...

20 years in the Navy gives me that inside information...

I felt the dialogue started off somewhat on the nose but toward the end I thought it got much better...

Great omnipresent bartender... Without those shots of him, I don't think I would have liked it as much. I definitely got the impression that he's not only heard it all... But he's seen it all too... Just another day at the bar... Good stuff.

Your actress was really good.

The guy playing Miguel was pretty good overall but at the end after she dies and he screams her name... Just felt like he was copying a movie... Didn't seem natural. We already know about the sound but I didn't think it detracted that much from the story but wow... Clean it up and it might be even more compelling... I also immediately thought of O'Henry in a bass ackwards kinda way.

Good camera work...

Good editing.

I thought the book prop looked a little forced...

Good job Zen...

filmy

Thanks, Mr Filmy :)

I know what you mean about the Marine outfit. I had the whole cast come by for a photoshoot on a Sunday for various stills I wanted. Mikel showed up early to come with me to the local costume rental place to get a really neat outfit... damn my luck if the shop is closed on Sundays! I had to make do with what we could rustle up at WalMart in 20 minutes. I know it looks really out of place... so out of place that I'll be asking Mikel to come by again, and we'll do it right.
smiley_patriot.gif

I agree with the book-part. With the re-edit, I hope I can make it look a little better... and I think it will, with the new material added.

There's been so much great feedback in this thread, that I am confident the final cut will be outstanding.

IndieTalk rocks!
smiley_rock.gif

The original post has been updated with a new cut. :cool:

Placing it here, too... may as well :)

[WM]http://www.ZenWeasel.com/ifilm/consequence_02.wmv[/WM]

No fixing Aileen's bad stretch, though. :(

Any of you audio-savvy peeps think you'd be up for inverting that, before I spin out some final DVDs?

Also, a massive thanks to Florian Linckus for the smashing new original score. He sure knows his music. :)

Last edited:
Wow- with the new cuts and scoring it's 500x better! Love the beginning exterior by the road. I'm floored. Too bad you're going to loose ITOOFC4. That's right. I said it.
What did you film this on by the way?

very fun...like the congressman contract :)

the only thing that caught me here visually was the steady shots weren't quite rock solid. You should be able to run that through an image stabilizer to lock them down though, like the shots of the bartender, they waver just slightly.

And I got the impression (squishy) that it was supposed to be 16x9? was my window just displaying it incorrectly at 4x3?

was supposed to be 16x9? was my window just displaying it incorrectly at 4x3?

You know... you're right! :blush:

I'll re-compress again tonight. (I made some 4:3 copies to play on a really old tv, and forgot to switch back)

Slightly melodramatic acting in areas

Just the way I like it.
smiley_creepy.gif

You may recognise a few faces from this in my next film... I'm going to try and show their versatility with something really different. :cool:

interesting story. but: horrible acting, and you could see the dry ice the the bottom of the glass. but it had some good dialogue.

Thanks Deliman :cool:

I've since heard that I should have added some milk to the water & dry-ice, to cloudy up the drink and hide the dry-ice.

:)

....love the lighting, alot of b&w films sometimes tend to be 'muddy' (if that's the right word for it). Beautiful, clear, wonderfully lit. and not a bad story. I liked the outside shot with all the cars in the background. Very nice, Zen!

--spinner :cool:

Nice short Steve. good editing and sound. Reminds me of a twilight episode. My only issue was I kept expecting the classic 80s song "Come on Eileen" to start playing :(

:D

nice

I liked that.. It was really entertaining... the only thing that was distracting was the music seemed a bit too loud... Great music by the way.. but just seemed to be too loud.. but maybe that was just my computer.

but hey.. I really liked that...... really.

Bartender rocked, satan's contract for congressmen rocked. But I was confused when el diablo left with Miguel at the end though, is Miguel dead now too? They keep getting better. Good job. Look forward to your next one.

Back