• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Of Consequence"

After long last...

The uncut version of "Of Consequence"
smiley_creepy.gif

Sound has been (mainly) cleaned up in ADR, though you'll hear when it was not possible in the latter third.

It has about 3 minutes difference from the original cut, with a much more ambiguous opening.

It also has a fantastic new score, courtesy of Florian Linckus, a very talented composer and musician.

Roughly 15mb streamable below, or straight download here
[WM]http://www.ZenWeasel.com/ifilm/consequence_02.wmv[/WM]

Replies below this line ('til today, anyway) are reflective of an earlier and very different cut.

Here's my official entry for Round #3 :cool:

As usual, my sound bites. (Also had to chop far too much out to make it fit within 5 minutes)

Regardless, this is what we ended up with... baseball cap, line of dialogue in place... and a superb effort from everyone involved to beat the time-limit.

I hope you enjoy it... and I'll take the feedback I get from this to make the Director's Cut (out after this is over) just that much better.

Windows Version here

Don't forget to watch all the other entries, before voting for me. :wait:

QuickTime version available here (Right-click & save)

The Players

Mikel Arvizu
David Ament
Melissa Paulo
Gene Ili

The Production

Flaviu Man
Vito Trabucco
Lenny Lenox

& Myron Kwong and his (very tasty) Lotus Garden Restaurant.

poster_01.jpg

Last edited:
Zen--just finished watching your short. My first thought is --
that bartender is going to have a mighty clean glass!!!
But anyway, I loved the bartender in this...just cleaning his glass...the cutaways to him are great! I also really liked the lighting and certain camera angles. One particular shot I liked (though don't ask me why??) was the profile of the hero with the villan's face just behind him. The B&W effect with the light worked very well. The BW look, coupled with the subject matter, reminds me of the classic Twilight Zone. I thought the performace of the actress was the best of the bunch.

There is some definite noise in the audio, but that can be cleaned up with noise reduction pretty easily (from what I understand..never actually done it myself, mind you...). Overall, great job!

Amazing lighting... that was my favorite part of the whole thing.
Fav Shot:
The framing on the "NOOOOO!"
The script was excellent, the shots looked great- I got a great laugh at the
Infernal Contract
Great short! Loved a lot of the subtle effects!
I'll be watching these a few times and try and come up with some critiscm, but I love them all so much it's hard to be objective yet!!

Nice film Steve. Just one question
What happens to baby when its not born and mom goes to H- E- Double...
:huh:

Haha at
Glass
comment.

The Audio could use a little work, but other than that it was pretty well done! It had a nice beginning, middle, and end, and even a twist thrown in. Good job!

Thnak you for the comments so far...

...just taking Mr Fish's spoiler, for right now.

______

That's the rationale behind the title.

The issue you brought up was what everyone asked about, when I was passing the full (untitled) script around.

Take it for what you will... maybe even 3rd-party actions have some kind of consequence?

THAT was pretty darn good :). You're work just gets better every time! Congrats!

I loved all the subtle things there.

Did you use a steadycam on some of those shots? Or was it just zoom?

Wow Zen you are becoming the Master filmmaker! :bow: This is shot so well. Great use of the B&W and lighting. Your actors did a fine job as well. I see you had some "sex appeal" in this one with your actress. Nice move and she's just not a pretty face...she's a good actress! I hope you've kept her number. I think the title fits this movie very well.

Buttom line-
23_5_104.gif

I liked that alot Steve. It also reminded of a "twilight zone" episode as well. One of my favorite films of yours i've seen. :)

There was some great lighting in this one, kudos to both Zen and DirectorX. Also dament's performance was very good.

And yeah,
apparently that bartender listened when his mother told him that cleanliness was next to godliness.

Poke

I'm thrilled so many of you have mentioned the great shots. That was the expert work of Flaviu, and his trusty XL1. Most of the shot-ideas were his, too. He has a very good eye, and also imagination on how things would look.

He was on rollerblades for most of the time, and getting quite a workout zipping all over the bar. Many times he would start off with a backwards spin to gain immediate momentum to propel himself backwards. (It was limited space to work in)

He only fell once, the whole night... and as he plummeted to the ground he had 4 pairs of hands immediately reaching out to catch... the camera. :lol:

_______

The lights were set up by Vito and Lenny of Other Side Cinema. I'm sure they'll be delighted when I forward some of the comments about their fine work to them. They were a great help. :cool:

To Be Or Not To Be... That... Is The Consequence

I could really see this flick easily converted into a feature. I dig the premise :pop: . Keep doing what you're doing, Zensteve. Nice work. :clap:

:cool:

Steve,
Hello its......... MMMMMIIIIGGGGUUUUEEEEELLLLLLLL, Wow Steve. That turned out really good, Man, I miss my long hair you made me cut of to play Miguel. ( lol ) I just want to say that its always fun working with you and Dave ( Brad Hawkins )

Great work Zen. It's one in the morning and I sure hope the loud laughing didn't bother the neighbors.

Loved the bartender too. I have spent many years in the food service industry and you do overhear some humdingers, the non reaction reaction is the only way to go.

My only question
was the O'Henry "Gift of the Magi" similarity intentional?
I have been considering trying to adapt and update some of his stories as I have always loved his story telling.

thanks Poke for the review. It was a lot of fun to do. I feel an actor is only as good as the writing, and Steve has got that nailed down. Thanks Steve.

Don't forget to watch and vote for HEALTH NUT:)

Hey Miguel (Mike), Great job in the movie man. You make the environment very easy for the other actors around you. Can't wait for us to work together on another project .

hehehe- just watched it again and noticed the foot and headphones on the ground when the girl hits the ground... hehe...

Honestly, this is really well done. Kudos to all involved.

noticed the foot and headphones on the ground

It's actually the tip of the boom-mic, not a foot. :blush:

Not to worry... I'll... err... fix it in post
smiley_ninja.gif

_______

Mikey, it's actually funny you ask that.

The answer is no... however, that's the exact same question someone asked me when I first started showing the script about. I've since read it, and have to agree that my story does indeed share a lot in common with it.

Weird. :weird:

Last edited:
Back