My film will beat your film!

Alright, I'm in!! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get a movie done in time, but I did it. I am relativly new to this film making stuff and this is my first movie. So any feed back I can get will be greatly appreciated. I should have editing done, and have it up on Friday night. It will be called HEALTH NUT by Rubber Ducky Productions.

dament said:
Alright, I'm in!! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get a movie done in time, but I did it. I am relativly new to this film making stuff and this is my first movie. So any feed back I can get will be greatly appreciated. I should have editing done, and have it up on Friday night. It will be called HEALTH NUT by Rubber Ducky Productions.

Congrats, David! Looking forward to seeing your first project. Since you worked with Zensteve on several other projects, I am anxious to see if his style has had any influence on your filmmaking.

Hopefully, for your sake...it hasn't.

John

Thanks Bophe. I look forward to your review. However, Zensteve does have some very infectious qualities about him.

The tests came back negative, I swear! :eek:

Great job on getting in an entry, David. Obviously a futile attempt to unseat me, but well done nonetheless. :cool:

Just finished shooting :). We decided to bag the location and do 70% of the short greenscreen. Not my first choice but it will work. Now the rendering race is on!

And panic strikes here too...

Will be re-shooting the 50-ish mother's part tomorrow evening - not last minute or anything.

Now I just have to make sure the espresso bar is cranked for high output... looks like it's going to be down to the wire to pull it all together.

I forgot how much of a pain DV25 is to key :P. I can't wait until I can shoot DVCpro50!

Getting there slowly though! It might not be overly pretty though!

Good luck with the reshoot SPaulovich!

oscLLox said:
Where is that 19 year old at from Of Consequence...she's got talent. Real talent!

Hey Lenny! :cool:

I'll have some stills up of everyone on Saturday, including Melissa from "Of Consequence".

I've had to make some radical cuts to the film to get it to fit in the 5-minute limit, so you won't get to see all her takes... the longer 10 minute cut will be out later. :)

Btw, I have something for you & Vito. I'll try to catch up with you this weekend.

Hmmm... mixed feelings about this news.

I've been trying to console myself with a few questionable edits by saying, "if I had more time I'd fix it."

Then again, if that one point means beating Zen then I'm all over it.

No one mentioned penalties for bribing judges - should we just assume it's a "don't ask, don't tell" policy? I've got several books of Dunkin' Donuts gift certificates that ain't doin' nothin'.

And upon reflection, I never realized how processor intensive editing and rendering could be. The dual-CPU machine has been working overtime and I've never had to flush the toilet as much as I have over the past week.*

Well, back to work on the edits...

* Yes, my computer is cooled by the toilet.

I am really sorry about the last minute shift in plans. Unfortunately I can not weasel out of my predicament.

I fully expect some people to be upset about it - and if you are upset, please send complaints in the form of a kiss to my backside, care of Zensteve. Just kidding. If you truly are upset, PM me, and we'll talk.

Poke

Poke said:
I am really sorry about the last minute shift in plans. Unfortunately I can not weasel out of my predicament.

I fully expect some people to be upset about it - and if you are upset, please send complaints in the form of a kiss to my backside, care of Zensteve. Just kidding. If you truly are upset, PM me, and we'll talk.

Poke

Most of us have other duties Poke. Don't feel bad about it. I'm sure everyone can deal with it (except for maybe ZenSteve, but we ALL know about HIM! :lol: )

Chris

How cruel can you be, Poke, torturing people by delaying the announcement of my imminent win by a whole 24 hours? :no:

Oh the humanity! :lol:

You know, I booked off work to sit at home on this computer for Saturday?
Now I will have nothing to do... damn you!! :)

LOL- kidding. Appreciate the bonus point... and the extension.. i think it will add some suspense to this whole thing... my loins are tingling with exceitment at seeing the contest submissions!!!

Don't forget to PM IndieTalk or Poke with the URL of your uploaded entry by the original Saturday deadline, if taking advantage of the bonus point. :cool:

Zensteve said:
Don't forget to PM IndieTalk or Poke with the URL of your uploaded entry by the original Saturday deadline, if taking advantage of the bonus point. :cool:

Huh? I smell a trick...I will NOT PM Indie or Poke at all...

So there!

Chris

Back