My film will beat your film!

...or will it?
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

New challenge

New rules

New films

_______

Could a Round Three be around the corner?

Complete with prizes of dubious value, and the bragging rights to call oneself the best on IndieTalk?

I don't think anyone can best whatever I come up with... bok bok bok
smiley_chocobo.gif

How many here would rise again to battle for the top spot, in a new "from scratch" film face-off?

_______

Confused about what a Round Three is? Here are the links to One and Two, to get you up to speed.

Last edited:
Hmm, two people so far expressing interest.

I have to say, Mr HailKing, that you submitted quite the entry in Round Two, with your Curse of the Invisible Man film. I am fairly confident you have exhausted your ingenuity and resources by now, and will pose no threat in upcoming competitions.

Mr Bophe... if it takes handcuffing people to watch a film of yours, by all means you should submit something for Round Three.
smiley_owned.gif

I kid, I kid... or do I?
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

A board-wide film contest, with a time-limit and arbitrary conditions to keep you on your toes and thinking fast.

Time to try your hand at making your latest (or even your first) flick?

Post a "hello" to this thread, if you think a third round sounds up your alley. :cool:

consider this post me putting myself into the hat.
round 3 = zoolio's time.
does anyone know how i can transfer video tape to internet for this??
if i can, then my above statements are made valid.

O-ho!
smiley_pirate.gif

Are you sure you know what you are all getting yourselves in for? Frantic brainstorming, lots of hair-pulling and many a sleepless night?

Mr Zoolio... your editing software should have several presets for exporting web-content.

Mr Paulovich... welcome to the fray!

_______

We have a judge, I do believe, who shall solely rule with an iron fist on who has made the best film. (I've already forwarded the correct spelling of my name, for when this judge announces me)

I need to work on the Prizes of Dubious Worth. Mr HailKing has a copy of his latest DVD to add to the pile (thank you good sir) and I've a few things up my sleeve, too.

Now is a good time to be looking around for other boardmembers to collaborate with... writers, composers, local people to help production, etc. Half the fight is over, just by being ready at the gate.

I'll be posting an "official" thread this weekend. :cool:

Zensteve said:
Hmm, two people so far expressing interest.

I have to say, Mr HailKing, that you submitted quite the entry in Round Two, with your Curse of the Invisible Man film. I am fairly confident you have exhausted your ingenuity and resources by now, and will pose no threat in upcoming competitions.

36_5_2.gif

Zen....ohhh it's on now! I will double my resources for this one! I'll make the lead an eye-popping female that you can't take your eyes off of! (Or anyone else for that matter) and leave you in the dust looking at your radio-dish from Broadband. I will consturct a story that takes you in so much you'll forget your sitting there at the computer.
Who's with me for beating Zen in this round?

36_5_4.gif
Look into my eyes Zen....repeat after me...HTTK will beat you. HTTK will beat you. HTTK will beat you....hahahaha

Last edited:
ok here is Greece coming up now.my film will be better than yours...Read the title.#Blood bitter than honey#...Hmmmmm isn't nice????????

I still need to figure out some details, Shaw. Start date, End date, criteria, and all the other stuff.

I expect to have all the info up this weekend for people to digest.

_______

Is okay, Poke. I'd be pretty intimidated, if I was competing against me too. :lol:

Hmm.. Chalkface is stepping up to the plate. I'm not familiar with your previous work. Have to make sure I don't get caught off guard by this one.

Oh, and puh-lease Mr HailKing. If you are trying to put people into a sleepy trance, might I suggest substituting the swinging watch & fob for a viewing of whatever film you end up making?

Zing! :tongue:

Greetings Mr Spiros, from Greece!

Sadly, existing films cannot compete in this event. I'm sure your "Blood Bitter Than Honey" is a fine film... this competition makes people start from the beginning, though. Scripting through final finished edit.

You are welcome to give it a crack when the details are announced, as are all IndieTalk members.

_______

Mikey61690, you'll have six weeks to come up with something worthy when this all starts. Want to see me end up like
smiley_bonk.gif
?

Beg, borrow (but don't steal) a camera for a weekend after you have your script hashed out, and make me eat my words.

Let's get ready to ruuuuummmbbbble.
smiley_panic.gif

Zensteve said:
Beg, borrow (but don't steal) a camera for a weekend after you have your script hashed out, and make me eat my words.

Let's get ready to ruuuuummmbbbble.
smiley_panic.gif

Yep....Zen you'll be eating your words I feel. We got to many talent people stepping up to the plate to take you on now! :yes:

To coin a phrase, "POP goes the ZenWeasel!"... :lol:

I think this sums it up best, Mr HailKing (and others that take up the challenge).

Beg to differ?

[QT]http://www.zenweasel.com/temp/you_cannot_win.mpg[/QT]

Last edited:
as i am new to this forum and fairly new to making films, i must take this challenge on board to show what i am capable of...

Back