My entry for round 2

It's been a week since the competition started. In that time I've gotten some things done and wanted to share it with everyone.
First off is a "charater poster." This will also tell you what type of Sci-Fi film I'll be doing.

TIM.jpg

Done by my friends over at Coffin Ash Graphics.

Well...the cats out of the bag now! The story for the film is pretty much complete. I've started buidling my cast and crew for this film. Several people from the board are helping me with this project. Florian is going to write and compose the music for the short. If anyone else feels they could offer there services please feel free to PM me. :yes:

The script will be wrote over this weekend/week and filming should start late part this coming week or early part of that next week. Casting will start soon after. Just thought I would share my progress with everyone else who's entering the contest. Good luck to everyone! :cool:

Last edited:
Awesome update, Mr HailKing!
smiley_mono.gif

Maybe if the the entire cast was invisible, you could skip actors?

Interesting peeps you nabbed from the board to help you. Neither Florian nor Catalina live anywhere near you; which is great! Just goes to show what kind of collaboration can be participated in, even if noone on the boards lives in your own local area. (All you had to do was ask, I bet :cool: )

Is Blake a board member, too?

Sweet looking poster, btw. :cheers:

Last edited:
It's like a new adventure in this story. I'm taking some elements from the book. :)

Yes Blake is a member. I forget his name now. :P Your right Zen, even those these people arn't next door, you can work with them. ;)

Rather than starting a new topic for discussion of every single entrants updates on their Round 2 submission, I figure we should keep all of our updates in this thread.

UPDATE: Sometimes They Come Loose (title of our {Creative Name's} Round 2 film)

We hadn't planned on doing anything for Round 2. Our original plan was to get back to work on the short we were supposed to shoot the day we shot Magnamameous Bark and Gigante Chupycabras. But when Zen announced the new rules last Friday, I got an image in my head that I could not get out. I ended up writing a script that very night (which I've revised over the following week).

I tried to set up a shoot date with the rest of the group, and we initially settled on Sept. 24th, 25th, and 26th as the weekend we'd try for. BUT then I scored a minor coup. I hooked a DP with pretty substantial experience into the project. And the DP could not shoot on the dates we set up. So now our shoot date is set for Oct. 8th, 9th, and 10th that leaves just two weeks for editing (good thing we can't go over 5 minutes).

Poke

Last edited:
Errr,,, mine is called... ummm... 2158. (That's the ticket).

It's about this piano player.. who.. umm... gets a .... phone-call from the FUTURE! (Yeah, that'll work)
smiley_ninja.gif

Well, not really. Still wrestling with a script, though. :P

Hahah Zen.

Mines about we..hmm, dont know how much i want to give away. But its about dreams and alternate planes of reality. But probably NOT in the way you're thinking(matrix...robots..aliens, none of that). I've got the script, and i like it, now i need actors!

Only problem is...i need a really good looking girl to do an INSINUATED sex scene...and most girls i have access to are too shallow to realize its for the film, and the story. But hopefully I'll find one!

CommanderGoat said:
...so what's the problem...? :D

They think its for my own personal gain, sexually, not for the film, therefore would not do it.

But i just remembered that we have to have a certain Line and Prop...and while i could fit the TP in there without it ruining my story, i cant put the Line in there...so i have to write a new script for the contest... :(

I am fairly sure the odds are 1000:1 (or more) that it is easier to work a single phrase into a script, than to get a commitment for participating in insinuated sex acts. :yes:

hhaa yea, but that phrase would kill the mood of my short. unless like...for the IndieTalk Comp Cut, i had...right in the middle "THATS NOT PARTICULARLY SMART!" then cut back to the film. Haha... But my short, should it be done right, should make you wanna cry/die at the end...and that line would make you not depressed/happy(you'd have to see/read it to get it)

Riz,

1) I almost forgot the line as well, but I was able to work it in. It can fit, you just have to be creative.

2) You are in college, no? I guarantee you can find numerous females in the drama dept. that will be mature enough to act out a sex scene. You just have to find a male to be as mature.

Poke

Yea poke, i'm still looking for the right Male to act this out, he has to look a certain way for it to work too. Theres too much i need to be perfect for the short i wrote, so i'll re write a new one for the comp :) then film the other one some other time :)

There are some girls in my theater classes that i think could act it out. I just have to have everything on my end ready and prepared before i present it all to them.

Pulling out the big guns, now!

Mr Cohen Philips isn't the only person with a stunning piece of artwork carefully designed to showcase his sci-fi masterpiece,,,

Behold... my poster!!
smiley_creepy.gif

r2_poster.jpg

Fear... the journey through South American jungles!!

Marvel... at the state of the art CG rendering done is MS-Paint!!

Tremble... at the dark secret that our goverment hides!!

Based on a true story that I made up one night, this film will ultimately be remembered with awed disbelief. How is it possible that this film was ever made, people will ask... and better yet... why??!!

Get ready for...

"Broadband"

:cool:

CommanderGoat said:
Best line ever.

Second that.

People, I need your help!!!

My partner and good ol' pal Goat is having doubts that we can shoot our short on Oct. 9th and have it ready by Oct. 22nd. Here's what I told him, "We can do it if we think positively." He didn't respond too well to that, so I said, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going!" Again, not really helpful.

What can I tell him to get his spirits up?

Poke

Poke said:

Poke
Tell him if he doesn't do it, you'll find a new commander ... maybe a commanderpig :contract:

I'd be genuinely disappointed. :(

Mr Goat (and Poke... and Monkey) all did such a marvelous job on the last one, that I'm itching to see this new one.

Tell him that people are demanding to see it! :yes:

They are anxiously on the edges of their chairs for the minute it is released, frantically hitting the "refresh" on their browsers, hoping to be the first to hit the live link that will take them to the new film from legendary Texas filmmakers Goat & Poke and the rest at Creative Name Filmgroup.

How can Mr Goat feel down, knowing that people love what he's done in the past and are expectantly looking forward to a new treat?

:director: Gooooooooooooooooooooo Goat!

Tel him if he doesn't chipper up you'll take away his camera and force him to sell Amway!

Worked for me.

Anyone interested in cleaing supplies!?!

He just doesn't think we can get it done in two weeks. You see I live in Austin (where we will shoot the short), he lives in Dallas (where he will edit the short), and sour lives in the Austin area (where sound design will be done). So basically, the short will go from Austin (shoot) to Dallas (edit), back to Austin (sound), and finally back to Dallas (final mix) in two weeks - this all while we have fulltime jobs and sleep to contend with.

I'm being optimistic about it, and I think he's trying to be optimistic - it's just harder for him cause he's short.

Poke

P.S. Just so everyone is clear, Sometimes They Come Loose is a complete 180 from Magnamameous Bark and Gigante Chupycabras. It is not a comedy, it is straight up SciFi.

Back