it's time for a new independent movie industry

..er..Clive if you get any more hostile, I’m afraid this place may need a moderator…oops you are one…er..sorry my bad.

look Clive, let me try to explain things so you maybe can grasp them because some ideas or examples are only idiotic if you can’t comprehend them

first I started a thread called “It’s time for a new Independent movie industry”
hey I figure people are making these things why not create a way to do something with them instead of letting spiders built their webs on them but what I’m hearing now is that most Independent Movies are not of good quality and need better scripts

but by promoting those Independent Movies that are good and worth watching (which is in the eye of the beholder) it would bring light to help created a venue for Independent movies and give the incentive to others to create better movies

but since everyone keeps saying it would take big money to do that and since this appears to be the main stumbling block in the way...I just said if you cannot get someone to fund this type of project that maybe another way should be sought how to do this, hey I figure I have some ideas or you have ideas or others have some ideas in which some type of plan to start could be formulated

but Clive you are acting like the Topic was “BEHOLD FOR I HAVE COMETH AND WILL CREATE A NEW INDEPENDENT MOVIE INDUSTRY” you are trying to shift the burden of untold ages upon me, your common sense should factor in that it will take the combined skills of everyone..even your market research skills if any.. and it may call upon you to think beyond your film school programming

but Clive, don’t you feel that your hostility may cause some people not to share their thoughts and ideas in the fear that you may attack them?…it is possible…but you could help neutralize that possibility by placing a positive idea of yours on this subject of creating a new independent movie industry

and Bird..well like I thought, you didn't understand ..also I'm not here to form allies, that sounds like war, I'm here to share ideas either this needs to be done or it don't even so this thread is providing valuable information as to why nothing gets done and why it is every person for themselves and Bird it seems that you are doing the attacking, you get what you give

These are your words, Funches....I think I understand EXACTLY what your motives are.

this is an invitation to write the script for one of the strangest movies ever conceived, about a creepy little unknown legend called " The Ailanthus Chamber"

involvement in this project would insure your place in this Industry

sorry to get cocky but I’m looking for those that know they are the best in their ability this is the only way this project will activate,

The Ailanthus Chamber Movie is in reality a plan to launch a New Independent Movie and Music industry that would be based in Chicago and create hundreds of jobs and then branch out.

The Ailanthus Chamber Project is a plan that with the production of one movie and other events could launch a new Indepedent Movie Industry

AND you added revolutionizing the music industry (didn't see that at first). Continuiing to insult me further degrades your argument. So, I'll again :rolleyes: , sign out of this thread.

funches said:
but Clive, don’t you feel that your hostility may cause some people not to share their thoughts and ideas in the fear that you may attack them?…

Funches...this won't be a problem for Clive. He is a well respected contributing member to this forum.

Bird, I had the privilege or the nightmare of reading some of your posts,..it seems you just float around from thread to thread posting pyscho-babble .. or maybe I haven't been here long enough to be able to decipher them, still like to hear some of your ideas, if needed someone could translate them for me.. maybe you need to stick to proofreading newbies first posts

I been watching this thread since it started. funches Bird is right... It's so easy to put your plan in motion you don't need help from others. Just start it up and people will come. But if your not going to do it I will it only will take $93.24 for a website for a year and time. With all do respect It did sound like you was selling something at first.

Wow attack of the forum, hey this could be a movie joking.. I somewhat agree with Funches, i do know that sometimes,yes all of you seem to hit the attack button when someones got an idea, or just trying to do something. Who cares if hes trying to get funding for his movies, hey why not. All I know is that we don't support each other as filmmakers enough, and you can all copy and paste this, turn into a quote whatever... We need each other to make things happen. So lets end it and lets hear what funches needs and has for ideas. To much time has been spent on arguing rather than creating. Sometimes it's better to listen, than to open your mouth. Sorry if you guys get mad, but i kind of feel what Funches feels. MAke movies yahooooooo

MONEY-O-PHOBIA=the fear that someone else will make money and you won't

...er..People.. can someone please tell me how I'm going to make some money?..because I cannot see it ...come on someone should at least have a theory....any volunteers?... if not, then let it go..it is call mass hysteria...

and I heard of "Short Term Memory Loss" but didn't my posts all started off saying..looking for this or that in CHICAGO, it will say based in CHICAGO, everything was about CHICAGO..and if I was on Mars I would be looking for Martians..wouldn't it make sense to get people or aliens in your area first?....

but some in this thread was pondering why is it just in that area, and then it turned into a discussion as to involve the Independent filmmaking community...well at least at first

but don't you really see what's happenning, everything is being discuss but the topic,
is this fear of actually having to do something, to face reality..you know it's no venue for these movies, and that this is in need of discussion, and you probably won't find it being discuss seriously anyplace else but when someone brings it up the "kill the messenger" syndrome sets in.

my post didn't start off attacking, but it was some that attacked me and I attacked back....sorry I defended myself....I do that every now and then for some odd reason

this is getting spooky or would make a good b-movie, almost like the Stepford Wives...I couldn't be the only one that thinks a new venue is needed...surely someone else has some ideas

but Clive don't you feel that your hostility may cause some people not to share their thoughts and ideas in the fear that you may attack them?

John@Bophe said:
Funches...this won't be a problem for Clive. He is a well respected contributing member to this forum.

...er..ok...right?

(wiping the blood splatter from his eyes after reading this forum)

Being just a humble actor with indie feature aspirations, let me just say:

1) - Wanda, best fish movie ever

2) - A website featuring indie films is a GREAT idea, oh wait... indietalk.com has already done that! Go fig. Just a reminder to re-visit the MAIN indietalk page and look at all those featured films! So the Shot Renegade example is already in play. Show of hands; how many people have actually checked out the trailers on the main page?

Back