IT Movie Club

Yeah, the organization isn't clear enough. Nor are the criteria for film selection. Anyway, if Man from Nowhere is the first film, I suggest starting a new thread for that. Get the discussion going and I'll join in! :)

Yeah, the organization isn't clear enough. Nor are the criteria for film selection. Anyway, if Man from Nowhere is the first film, I suggest starting a new thread for that. Get the discussion going and I'll join in! :)

I figured we had at least two more pages of derailed conversations in us before we had to set anything in concrete, and that wasn't allowing for pointless disputes to break out...oh well...Man from Nowhere it is then! Lets all watch it by Sunday US time and be back here to comment.

the organization isn't clear enough
One person will function ass a moderator. KISS

criteria for film selection
See my previous post. You can suggest any film you want, but for it to be selected it has to be easily rentable in the major regions. The moderator will select the film that in his opinion best suits the purposes of the thread or if there are no suitable suggestions, will come up with one. Some factors to consider: entrainment value, preferably something not everyone has seen before but still not too obscure, critical acclaim, historical value, interesting film making techniques etc.

I suggest starting a new thread for that.
I suggest keeping it all in the same thread for simplicity.

One person will function ass a moderator. KISS

See my previous post. You can suggest any film you want, but for it to be selected it has to be easily rentable in the major regions. The moderator will select the film that in his opinion best suits the purposes of the thread or if there are no suitable suggestions, will come up with one. Some factors to consider: entrainment value, preferably something not everyone has seen before but still not too obscure, critical acclaim, historical value, interesting film making techniques etc.

I suggest keeping it all in the same thread for simplicity.

Your method for film selection sounds good. I do think you should start a new thread for each film, however, because that will make it more accessible to people who are just joining the conversation. If it's all in one thread, we'll have to navigate through all the old comments to try to figure out where the conversation we want to take part in even begins.

Everyone might not be interested in reading the entire history of the club, just to comment on the movie they just watched. If you create a new thread for each movie to be discussed, that will limit the amount of reading needed to stay involved, and therefore encourage greater involvement. :yes:

I do think you should start a new thread for each film, however, because that will make it more accessible to people who are just joining the conversation. If it's all in one thread, we'll have to navigate through all the old comments to try to figure out where the conversation we want to take part in even begins.
Than the rules would have to be re-explained in the first post of every thread. Also the moderator would have to go trough multiple threads to find the film suggestions.

Everyone might not be interested in reading the entire history of the club, just to comment on the movie they just watched. If you create a new thread for each movie to be discussed, that will limit the amount of reading needed to stay involved, and therefore encourage greater involvement. :yes:
I don't see it as such a big problem since the new posts go to the end of the thread, so that's where you'll find the conversation on the current film. The plan was that the information on what's the current film would be updated into the first post. In the multi-thread format there is a change of having a on week with a small turn out killing the whole thing.

You or Chimp can be the moderator and decide on having multiple threads if you want to.

Last edited:
Hehe. Thanks CF!

I think what we should do is create another thread were we discuss the movies separate from this thread. We don't start a new one every time we watch a film, but rather, one thread.

Let's schedule the first film to be seen by March. 3. That film will be Man from Nowhere.

Back