IndieTalk Weekly Challanges Proposal

The challenge is a great idea. Needs to have enough people to participate though .

Last edited:
deleted (so no one "steals" the idea)
Too late.
Done stole it!
Reversed genders.
Changed the genre.
Made the setting "more gritty."
It's a full blown action flik, now.
Quasi-completed the flexible-f#cking ShitKarter campaign. (It was a pseudo-success, BTW!)
Shot it on my 60FPS Flip.
Destuarated it.

Oh, and there's explosions, too!

h301A7341

Should a new thread be created for this challenge to make it stand out more to others who maybe haven't been in this thread at all before or haven't for many months?

Nope.
Not worth the effort.
Anyone that's interested has been watching this 2yr old resurrected thread for the past week.
Anyone that comes by so infrequently that they'd miss it is very unlikly to be interested.
Furthermore, if this is to be a regular event and not just a one or two-off then, again, they'll see it.

Nope.
Not worth the effort.
Anyone that's interested has been watching this 2yr old resurrected thread for the past week.
Anyone that comes by so infrequently that they'd miss it is very unlikly to be interested.
Furthermore, if this is to be a regular event and not just a one or two-off then, again, they'll see it.

Makes perfect sense :yes:

What do you find is a huge obstacle for one of these types of challenges, in terms of people's interest in participating?

Exactly why I proposed a 5 to 6 week period instead of less than 3.
(And I added a schedule for the ones who need it.)
5 weekends isn't much if you have a busy life.

Some people do have jobs, family, school, etc aka 'life'. ;)

Besides that a little more time can hopefully lead to more participants and more production value :)

But that's just my thought :P

I'm not participating this time: busy with work: I need to eat as well, just reading Indietalk-posts doesn't fill my belly, let alone my girlfriends' ;)

How about for those who are busy (such as yourself), we set up a time one directed at a February date? Actually, how about the idea you suggested (love-Valentines themed). Just an idea :)

nice idea
i suggest first we need to create core team of some people who can give time on this and keep a watch on this , with the help of Moderator, or any other way, the team member also promote this in forum.
Then they (core team) fix rules for this and start a Challenge.

Another suggestion - for those who are creating a short, not as just a screenplay, how about when the deadline nears, a trailer is released showcasing the project?

Started working on my contribution today, but I'm pretty sure I won't get finished with it by the deadline.
Likely the following week, early.

We'll see.

Just got audio done.
Gonna try to get video done tomo then upload for share.

Should a new thread be created for this challenge to make it stand out more to others who maybe haven't been in this thread at all before or haven't for many months?
Nope.
Not worth the effort.
Makes perfect sense

What do you find is a huge obstacle for one of these types of challenges, in terms of people's interest in participating?
Oh yeah I forgot about that

Well I guess we'll find out by the 26th of January what has been submitted.
nice idea
i suggest first we need to create core team of some people who can give time on this and keep a watch on this , with the help of Moderator, or any other way, the team member also promote this in forum.
Then they (core team) fix rules for this and start a Challenge.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another suggestion - for those who are creating a short, not as just a screenplay, how about when the deadline nears, a trailer is released showcasing the project?

Okay, here's a trailer.

UPDATED TRAILER! → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIFrJ2k4TQ

Anyone else gonna give this a whirl?

Last edited:
Back