I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

Believe it or not the solution is to film at high noon.
Notice how the ground is in shadow.

The dynamic range is greater because the sky is so bright. The solution on a high budget film would be to bring in huge lights and make the ground brighter.

My solution is to film when the ground is in direct sunlight!

This sunday I have 3 models and 1 actress. We'll all be on location in women's underwear. I still need to rake and machete in the mean time so I haven't put much thought into how awkward it's going to be for me.

There's a lot more important things for me to worry about!
I need a haircut, never been to a barber before but I'm seeking one out this time.

I have to prep the location and I have to do the storyboards.

Holy shit I've never been so nervous about a haircut.

Went to the barber for the first time. Never been to one.
Turned out great though! And my partner will bring the badge on sunday so I can take a nice pic of the whole package!

Thanks guys!

Spent 5 hours today clearing a path through the forest.. none of it will be on film but I can't have my models walking through a bunch of nettles and getting pricked. It looks really nice and welcoming now, it's a great atmosphere to let them know they can relax and I'll take care of everything.

Didn't even get to landscape the glade. I've got one day left to prepare.

My cell phone died last night, I forgot to turn it on again after it was charging. So i slept in late. Spent another 5 hours on location but it wasn't enough time!!

I'm going to have to go back tomorrow at like 6am to finish it.
IDK what to call it.. a walk of truth. A walk of something.

I've got to walk around barefoot and make sure it's okay before I ask any of the women to do it. I know there are still a couple of rough spots.

My feet are really sore from all this landscaping but I'm strangely proud of my forest path.
Shooting tomorrow.. actress arrives 11am.

Didn't put on the panties until today for the first time.
They were smaller than I thought, I had to shave my bikini line.
They were also slightly see through.. whoops.

The women were really beautiful, I had 3 models and 1 actress.
My actress was so good to me!! I had her running around barefoot in the wilderness and she never complained once.

Now.. I did spend about 13 hours on location trying to get it nice enough for women to romp around barefoot in their underwear. But it's still the wilderness and many actresses wouldn't have been so cool about it. She also gave me a hug on camera which I was nervous to ask her about since we don't know each other very well.

But I asked and she did it. I think I had some great acting in that scene!! I kept thinking about my dream and it puts a huge ass goofy smile on my face every time, so I used that for it when she runs to me and hugs me.

In the dream I was showing gandalf a kung fu move with a long staff. Then gandalf tries to do like I showed him and he breaks his staff. And I feel all responsible for his staff breaking lol.

Thanks! Still wasn't a perfect shoot and I made a few mistakes but we got our shots in.

Here is a behind the scenes still!
My team is keeping the models cool while we set up the shot.

models.png

Awesome! I'm really curious about the location. Is it just some public land you found somewhere? Looks like you really did it!

I looked around on google maps for power lines that weren't right next to a highway. I drove to 4 locations and scouted each.

For this nice one that I ended up using I had to do an extra search to find a good parking area. As luck would have it there is some random parking lot off the road. I don't know why it exists right next to fangorn forest but it made things really convenient. Except for how difficult it was to build a path, etc.

We return to the exact same location mid-fall when all the leaves are in a deep seasonal color.

My super heroine actress tries on her costume for the first time this sunday!!

I've never dressed a woman before but I'm really excited to see how it turns out. The gloves are awesome and powerful, the skirt is really sexy, the cape is fantastic. Sunday sunday sunday!!

That costume will look even better once we give her some cleavage.

Does anyone come to my thread? I have some pay dirt.
Check out this little 10 second clip from my autumn shoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0mQZ-UC0Tg

Awesome! I'm really curious about the location. Is it just some public land you found somewhere? Looks like you really did it!

Location during the summer:

spring-eden.png

Location during the autumn:

autumn-eden.png

That last screen shot is from the beginning of the month.

I went to check it out today - they mowed down everything!
All of the bushes are gone. The tall grass is gone.

I'm lucky I got all of my shots in before they killed the magic.

o_0

IMG_20151115_133740.jpg

It used to be such a happy place, full of women in their underwear.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-16%20at%203.36.59%20AM.png

Back