I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

Great news. Some people in my neighborhood have a golf cart and I just saw them outside and talked !! The guy said he would help me out with the foot chase!

Looks like I've got wheels for my camera man.
Now I just need a cop car to start the scene.

Now I just need a cop car to start the scene.

If you can't obtain that, you can always use a plain white car, put some tracking points on it, then mask the designs and lights and everything onto it in post.

.... I think my purpose in this thread has been brainstorming VFX solutions to any problems you might run into. lol :D

If you can't obtain that, you can always use a plain white car, put some tracking points on it, then mask the designs and lights and everything onto it in post.

.... I think my purpose in this thread has been brainstorming VFX solutions to any problems you might run into. lol :D

I really appreciate it though haha. Even if I don't use all of your ideas it helps a lot when I make my decisions. Producer suggested renting a dodge charger and applying decals. In that film "Lets be cops" they sure make it seem easy to do it :lol:

I did have a new idea for a VFX shot yesterday. Take a nice picture of Divinity and then put her on a billboard or something in the city. It might even be a cool opening shot for the film. Divinity on a billboard then tilt down and see fat cop with his doughnuts.

I do have some slight concerns about getting police to help me out with a car and then dressing up like a fat cop with a box of doughnuts right in front of them :lol:

Yeah, that poster idea would be very easy to do.

The fat cop thing, well, you can easily explain that it represents a false stereotype about cops, and that he wouldn't be a great hero without the contrast between his past life and his new identity.

Hurry up and make this damn thing, I want to watch it!

I got tired of being called "him" so many times, and I was inspired to make the change after you corrected someone, which I definitely appreciated.

I thought that might have been the inspiration.
When I corrected Skycopland I almost posted a scene from the matrix

Holy shit. the trinity? The one that cracked the IRSD base?
It's just… i thought you were a guy.

- Most guys do

Today I shoot my nighttime house scenes.
Next saturday I shoot my daytime house scenes and my foot chase.

Then I'M FINISHED!! Well.. with my fat scenes and I can finally start dieting. I'm going to miss coca cola the most.. and then dove ice cream bars.

Crew & Supporting Actor arrive at 2:30pm so that gives me 6 hours to prep/production design, a couple hours of rehearsal and test shots then filming begins once the sun goes down.

After we're done I have a friend coming over, and we are shooting the exact same scene again. It's a backup in case of tragedy. Like my support actor gets ebola or moves to korea or something, I have an optional replacement for him next year and the show goes on.

Great!! Congratulations - I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Most of it is with me as a superhero, a skinny kung fu master.. so it'll be a while before I can film those scenes. But thank god I can finally lose weight and grow my hair back out.

It's this stretching stuff that takes forever, especially in the hips. I've been stretching for 6 months now. Probably need another 6 before I can do a respectable side kick.

Just got this lovely email from my actress cop partner regarding saturday
-----
Soooooo bad news: my director for another project is making us shoot Saturday at 6. My cast mate and I both have shoots the same time for other projects (yours) and begged him to change it. However, he said it's the only time we will get to use this set (a high rise apartment with a gorgeous view) before we shoot the next episode in two weeks. He's not willing to budge. Is there anyway to push the time back that night? I don't know how late is too late

I am so sorry! We both put up a good fight, (and my cast mate is the writer!) but he is sticking to his guns…
----

Doesn't give me enough time to order a uniform shirt for anyone else.
And i'm not comfortable starting just a little bit later, because I know shoots can go late and then if she doesn't show up I have all my extras just standing around like I wasted their time. Plus I am probably going to be paying extras too and we already spent $400 renting the a7sii and lens

Can you work backwards & find someone else to fit the shirt?

I know 1 other great actress that could fill her role, if I had time I'd love to use her and order a shirt her size. That's a bit sad that it might not fit her but yes I will be able to find someone/anyone.

The good news is that we ordered her shirt a little big so that gives some wiggle room.

got that sorted out with my actress thankfully! I really liked her, I'm glad our relationship wasn't ruined by all this.

now for some more bad news.. I wanted 12 extras.
I have one friend coming to help me.

It's pathetic, I don't have any friends. I shouldn't be too surprised, I've hardly left the house for two years because of some health problems. I have one stranger from this board. And one stranger from Facebook that says he is bringing 2 people.

IDK if they'll show up, but that puts me at.. 5 people. So I need 7 more. I'll post on craigslist and use the last of my savings.. then try to crowd fund next year. Maybe if I can get an exciting foot chase and showcase some martial arts in the video I'll be able to get enough to finish the project.

My gun is going to jam. Since I can't shoot anyone it makes sense that i'll be running from a much smaller crowd.

Also my producer backed out of using a real gun with fake bullets.. and I don't want to use fake CGI shots. So this takes care of that problem too.

I'll get to use my baton instead! That's more fun i think.
Things are looking good for today. The weather is great.

I woke up at 5am yesterday to prep and film. 25 hours later I just got back home.

A few mistakes. Some amazing shots. Overall not perfect but acceptable. Didn't quite finish but got everything I needed from the rental camera. Oh yeah.. i will share one or two of my really cool shots soon.

Back