I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

I'm gonna be sad vicariously if you can't find anyone to play this for you because I won't be glad to hear (and can hardly believe) it's so difficult to fill a role with a little nudity in it...and when the pay is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm sad. I've started to think about getting rid of my ending :no:
Outlook not so good.

Don't give up yet!

I know this feeling when casting doesn't seem to work out. But in the end I always succeeded :)

I'm running out of time. I've got to put a costume together and there's hardly any time left to do it. Otherwise I'll have to wait til spring and I've already been fat long enough.

Unless one of the girls accepts it today and I'm going to reach out to actresses I've worked with in the past and eliminate the nudity.

The show must go on. It won't be as powerful but I think I can still get the point across.

Just send you a DM.

BTW,
I'm not sure the beerpong thing adds much to the casting call.
Better show your first episode (and tell them it is already a bit older) and a showreel from your DOP.
And I still don't know what the story is about...

I always introduce myself shortly (but keep it relevant to filming), link to my work, tell what the idea and story are about and tell what role I think would fit the one I'm contacting (or what roles I'm casting for).
I add when it will be shot, what crew will be there, where it will be shown, when they will get the video for their portfolio and that I'd like a response, even when it's 'no' (at least then I know I can move forward).

Hold on!

That's rough, man. :(

What Walter said.

And maybe a 5 to 6 hour drive is doable? I'm guessing she'd want you to pay for the gas above and beyond the fee you're already paying. Or perhaps you could do the chauffeuring if she were comfortable with that?

I did, sorry. My GF just moved to boston yesterday so I was spending those last days with her.

I suppose I have a lot more time to focus on film now.
It's funny how stuff like this works, but mentally I already had accepted and moved past this whole nudity scene. I had contacted all the previous girls that you mentioned and created a model mayhem account. I'm sure you read how that went. One of those girls that I'd contacted on Facebook said she would do it. I asked her sizes then she didn't get back to me for 10 days lol. Then she said she would check her availability and I never heard from her again.

So much unprofessionalism - I don't blame you at all, I understand you didn't know any of those girls, etc but it's kind of funny this is how people are. Especially young attractive girls, they are the flakiest humans on the planet.

I'll probably have to delay the production now too but that's alright to move it back a week or two. It shouldn't be that cold mid september.

A part of me is happy at the idea of reward an actress I've worked with before with the part. Assuming they're okay doing it in a bra and underwear.

Yeah, I read your updates... So unfortunate...
The link I sent you yesterday is certainly of a more professional actress.

Otherwise: find a way to use green leaves to cover the breasts, although that is an image from after being expelled from the garden...

I can report a bit of good progress.. as of today all of the orders have been placed for my cop outfit. Badge, patches, name plate, shirt, etc. I already have the utility belt and accessories!

That's exciting for me.
In a month or so I'll be able to post a picture.

Too bad I can't go totally method and pretend to be a cop all of the time. Who am I kidding, of course I can. I have no life and never go anywhere. Anyone friends I interact with will know the deal.

I also learned the flag patches go on backward if you put it on the right shoulder.
That's because if you're charging forward the wind would case the flag to blow in a left-to-right direction instead of how we normally see it.

My shirt came in today.. I should have documented putting it on. Sliding that shirt over my head felt really magical. What a moment.

But the light was gone and I was too excited, etc among other reasons. I will document the first time I put it on when it is the full uniform, with the badge and patches and everything.

gauss.jpg

This made my day :)
Fat cop is almost a reality.

I've never posted what Divinity is about.. so here it goes.
Unveiling the great mystery!

Super heroine Divinity is mortally wounded. Bad guys are closing in. In desperation and on her deathbed she transfers her magical panties to nathan gauss, a fat cop. Powers meant for a woman, when he puts them on he becomes a transvestite superhero. That's the basic gist of it. Throughout the story he struggles with accepting himself and how it makes him feel.

It's fun looking at a side by side of my two incarnations

transformation.png

Last edited:
Thanks Walter! But I started the audition process for just girls in their underwear. If I don't find a good actress there that I like then I'll message the girl you send me a PM about.

what are the powers of this superhero?

Flight

Flexibility / Kung fu prowess

Knows whenever anyone is looking at her

Cannot hear lies

Glamour / Charm others

Pitch Black Gloves that protect her. They absorb any explosions nearby, curve any bullets path into them. This is my clever way of making it so you have to fight her with hand to hand combat or a knife.

And one more that is revealed at the end..
Nathan Gauss discovers all of these powers as he goes through the story.

My villain is a super villain with some powers of his own.

Last edited:
Looks great!

Thanks!! The imagery is so dramatic I think I have something REALLY special here. I am so excited that the pieces are coming together!

I also have unbelievable cleavage. People always ask me how the hell I did it. They bounce and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otzOxe57e8A

So the transformation should really shock people and seem like magic.
I am a god damn magician.

I'm glad you like it richy!
I can start filming in a month.

I got the police patches and flags in the mail now.
The name bar and badge are pending - but don't need to be sewn or glued on. It's a simple step for those and I think I can modify the shirts now.

Maybe I'll put on what I have for the auditions with my actresses!

gauss.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, good luck!

Thanks! I've never felt this way about a film before.
I did some location scouting yesterday and it feels magical just being there. Like a powerful historic landmark or something, it's hard to explain. I feel like I'm making something really special.

I also got covered in ticks, like 40 or 50 of them. I'm going to go back tomorrow and coat the area in pesticide so my actors don't have to deal with the vermin.

Here is a little video of me doing an on-site test.
Looks like I need to invest in a graduated ND filter, but unfortunately those trees on the side are going to be darkened up top. No way around it that I can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkc-HYiGwM

Back