films about 1 event/day told from POV of characters seperately

Mr.Blonde said:
24.. the tv show.

like it! nice suggestion.
i'm just so chuffed that i am in need of help at 2:15 and by 3:54 i am all smiles,
cheers
lets not stop ourselves now,
we have not even begun to build our bridge

I thought about writing something along these lines before to do as a type of collaborative directing effort (think 4 rooms) ... a few different views on the same or intertwining stories, all directed by different people and edited into one film.

As for movie suggestions, other than the aforementioned Four Rooms, there's only one that comes to mind, which I really love: Groove. Though it mostly centers around one main character, it does get other characters POVs a fair amount too.

Will Vincent said:
As for movie suggestions, other than the aforementioned Four Rooms, there's only one that comes to mind, which I really love: Groove. Though it mostly centers around one main character, it does get other characters POVs a fair amount too.

Thanks Will for the help. Much appreciated. Please, any more, any one, please.
This is just fantastic.
:yes:

There is a section of Quentin Tarantino's JACKIE BROWN that very very effectively uses multiple perspectives on the same time frame (towards the end at the Shopping Mall).

sonnyboo said:
There is a section of Quentin Tarantino's JACKIE BROWN that very very effectively uses multiple perspectives on the same time frame (towards the end at the Shopping Mall).

thanks for the slice of info sonnyboo, very good of you. i slightly recall what you mean, i'll watch that this weekend for certain. thanks

Guided by Voices said:
Another one is Requiem for a Dream.

yeah - that is one hell of a film. that was the first one i saw and analysed for this script. amazing. truly amazing. the way it all comes together. oh, what a film! what characters! amazing. :yes:

any more ideas would be welcomed with my arms open.

How about the deconstructivist work, 'Last Year at Marienbad' directed by Alain Resnais? Three characters, 'X', 'A', and 'M' talking about(?), or reminising(?) or planning (?),for 'A' to go away with 'M' (the one event). Alain Robbe-Gaillet wrote the text (or, I guess, adapted it) and described it as 'past, present, and future occupying the same space' rather than a linear timeline.

Ok this suggestion doesn't exactly fit, but here goes.

Tape

Three characters in a hotel room over one evening. Events not shown from each POV though. Although the event they discuss is rehashed verbelly through each characters POV.

Guided by Voices said:
Hey, where did you find the script? Ive been looking all over the internet for the scripts for Crime + Punishment In Suburbia, Kids, Donnie Darko, and Requiem for a Dream but cant find them.

That is one hell of a film, I just bought/watched it recently..Its one of those movies you watch it over and over again :)

DONNIE DARKO
http://ushoulda.asked.biz/sparklemotion.txt

SUBURBIA
http://blake.prohosting.com/bamzone/suburbia.txt

REQUIEM FOR A DREAM
http://www.awesomefilm.com/script/requiem.txt

KIDS
http://www.pumpkinsoft.de/screenplay451/scripts/kids.zip

Links courtesy of DREW'S SCRIPT-O-RAMA
http://www.script-o-rama.com

Mikey D said:

Another Linklater film -- Dazed and Confused

sonnyboo said:
a film classic, and probably considered to be the Godfather of this type of storytelling...

Rashômon

And the Citizen Kane of single day movies ...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

On the crime front ...

Nick of Time starring Johnny Depp

Single day storylines are a fixture in the horror genre. One that comes to mind is Halloween.

Poke

bird said:
How about the deconstructivist work, 'Last Year at Marienbad' directed by Alain Resnais? Three characters, 'X', 'A', and 'M' talking about(?), or reminising(?) or planning (?),for 'A' to go away with 'M' (the one event). Alain Robbe-Gaillet wrote the text (or, I guess, adapted it) and described it as 'past, present, and future occupying the same space' rather than a linear timeline.

actually Bird, i don't know if you've seen my profile or not, but that is my favourite film of all time.
it is truly incredible and the greatest film experience i have ever had. :yes:
blinding brilliant, cheers for bringing the memories back to me

Mikey D said:
Ok this suggestion doesn't exactly fit, but here goes.

Tape

Three characters in a hotel room over one evening. Events not shown from each POV though. Although the event they discuss is rehashed verbelly through each characters POV.

thanks mikey D i will look out for that this wkend,
you've all been so very very helpful.

Walter_Smidge said:
i considered using this kind of idea ages ago for a radio theatre....

interesting you mention that Walt, as I have been trying to write specifically radio theatre (comedy) -
not this particular idea, but something else........

Poke said:
Nick of Time starring Johnny Depp

i'll be damned if i ever watch that waste of an idea again. if ever a movie cried out to be a tv movie......

Single day storylines are a fixture in the horror genre.

its not just the single day thingy i need.
its got to be from different POVs, or at the very least with focus changing between sub plots.
but loving the help pokey,
just keep on poking :yes:

Back