Crowd funding success stories?

Douchebags abound here.

I can be, the fact remains that in this thread I have been nothing but helpful and sincere. If you attempt crowd funding, it is my prediction that you will find nothing but pain. I can see it a mile away that if you run the campaign it will fail and you will blame everyone else. If you want to avoid that cycle, just don't do it. You need to find someone who is both capable to run a successful campaign and will tolerate your unprofessionally childish and aggressive attitude. You may be good at what you do, but from what I've observed you will repel people with money.

So in the time it took for people to waste time, they could have made exactly the same effort and helped.

So little do you realize, I did attempt to help you with my advice for YOU to avoid crowd funding. I'm sorry you were concentrating on your nerd rage and failed to understand the message.

Maybe you and h44 should get together to make some movies... Now that would be interesting..... Popcorn anyone?

you should turn that forum rage into a youtube channel. You may not get your crowd funding goal but you should get a few views at least! $0.001c can come in handy

Jumping back onto crowd funding...

I have recently started up a funding campaign:

We have worked through November to get an interview (I am not good in-front of any camera), a teaser, Test footage (turned into a trailer), Audition day clips, interviews with members of the cast, building of the Alien suit,

We are continuing to work hard through the duration of the funding; we are shooting a "Christmas special update" interview with our armourer, interview with the armourer who made the Original armour for 'Aliens' as well as numerous interviews with the key crew members highlighting what they bring to the project.

as well as the things for your funding campaign you also need extra people to manage your Facebook, twitter accounts - if you don't have time to search for the answers you needed and couldn't get physical help before coming here, you wont have time to promote your project as much as it needs (aswell as thanking the investors you hope to attract).

Good luck with your crowdfunding, I hope your idea stands out and blows people away!

Douchebags abound here.
1342853681530.jpg

I'm trying not to waste your time by asking a long winded question. Anyone with have a brain could see I was seeking links to previous threads.
There is a difference between being long winded and precise. For example I got the idea that you were looking for crowd funding stories in general like VGHS, Veronica Mars and Iron Sky etc.

See... I'm from the MI film community and I have seen tons of people try Kickstarter, Indiegogo and all the others and not have much success... then I see someone making a toy and getting 100k...

So here is the specific question....

HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS WITH CROWD FUNDING FOR A LOW BUDGET SAG INDIE PROJECT? AND IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED IN OTHER THREADS, WOULD YOU MIND POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SINCE I DID A SEARCH AND COULDN'T FIND MUCH. THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Jumping back onto crowd funding...

I have recently started up a funding campaign:

We have worked through November to get an interview (I am not good in-front of any camera), a teaser, Test footage (turned into a trailer), Audition day clips, interviews with members of the cast, building of the Alien suit,

We are continuing to work hard through the duration of the funding; we are shooting a "Christmas special update" interview with our armourer, interview with the armourer who made the Original armour for 'Aliens' as well as numerous interviews with the key crew members highlighting what they bring to the project.

as well as the things for your funding campaign you also need extra people to manage your Facebook, twitter accounts - if you don't have time to search for the answers you needed and couldn't get physical help before coming here, you wont have time to promote your project as much as it needs (aswell as thanking the investors you hope to attract).

Good luck with your crowdfunding, I hope your idea stands out and blows people away!

Thanks for the info. We've got 200k for the budget. I'd like to maybe push for an extra 20 to 50k through crowd funding to help the cause.

HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS WITH CROWD FUNDING FOR A LOW BUDGET SAG INDIE PROJECT? AND IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED IN OTHER THREADS, WOULD YOU MIND POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION SINCE I DID A SEARCH AND COULDN'T FIND MUCH. THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.
I'm going to suggest that if you had posted this question (without the
sarcasm and all caps) in the first place people would have been happy
to answer.

tumblr_mgoty2Cjye1qfdu94o1_500.gif

Have you talked to any of the people that I had given links to?

tumblr_mgoty2Cjye1qfdu94o1_500.gif

Have you talked to any of the people that I had given links to?

Not yet. Just getting settled into the week after the holiday weekend. My day usually doesn't get going until 1 pm.

Ok... now sorry for being pissy. That's all on me. Please forgive me.

Yes, there was some sarcasm but the caps was more to make the question stand out from the rest of the stuff in the thread.

See... I am putting this together and it's all on me - even though it isn't - if that makes sense. I'm researching every aspect of every piece of the puzzle from pre-production to publicity and distribution that way I don't get screwed by not knowing what I should know and losing out by trusting a bull shitter.

Thanks for your patience with my rage. Not that it's an excuse, but I quit smoking this weekend. LOL

So here is the specific question....

LOL!

FWIW, I think it's funny that in the other thread you converse like a completely sane person, whereas in this thread you're speaking as if... umm... you're a bit "overly passionate" about the subject. :lol:

Big fat what evs.

Any ways...

Your aforementioned "overly passionate" retorts reminded me of a poster a while back who was quite perturbed at his local SBA loan officer for refusing to give him money.
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=46841

To me the similarity, and bear with me for two moments, is that both of you "see" something you want but get rather unpleasantly frustrated when it's not just handed to you.

THE IRONIC ASPECT (FOR A FILMMAKING SITE OF ALL PLACES) IS THAT THIS "BEGINNING POSITION" OF YOURS (AND HIS) IS THAT YOUR CHARACTER ARCS ARE IN PERFECT PLACE FOR SOME CHANGE AS YOUR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT STORIES CHANGE ACROSS THE FILM OF YOUR LIVES!

Like Nicholas Angel and Danny Butterman from 'Hot Fuzz', you begin as character A, are exposed to a different way of thinking, then slowly change into character B.
That is a character arc - and you are in that position to change, which is generally considered good. :)

GL & best holiday wishes.

arg-dancing-happy-holidays-red-sm-url.gif

“When God puts love and compassion in your heart toward someone, He’s offering you an opportunity to make a difference in that person’s life. You must learn to follow that love. Don’t ignore it. Act on it. Somebody needs what you have.”
― Joel Osteen

Why would you respond to that and not the last post that I made, apologizing?

Perhaps it is more than just I that need a ride on the "arc" :)

There's very few projects that have had successful crowd funding that would qualify for Low Budget SAG. I know of none off the top of my head.

Veronica Mars comes to mind, but that doesn't really qualify for Low Budget. I'm fairly sure it falls outside those parameters.

We've got 200k for the budget. I'd like to maybe push for an extra 20 to 50k through crowd funding to help the cause.

Is that a really good idea? I could be looking at the wrong data, but going from $200k to $220 or $250k might be counterproductive. It may change your categorization from an Ultra-Low Budget Agreement to a Modified Low Budget Agreement for the sake of $20-$50k may end up costing you more depending on how your budget is being spent.

http://www.sagindie.org/resources/contracts

See... I am putting this together and it's all on me - even though it isn't - if that makes sense. I'm researching every aspect of every piece of the puzzle from pre-production to publicity and distribution that way I don't get screwed by not knowing what I should know and losing out by trusting a bull shitter.

That's tough to do, but still doable. There's a lot to learn. I found a lot of the information isn't available for free. At least you've listed the producing tasks on here to help you with some of the focus.

There's very few projects that have had successful crowd funding that would qualify for Low Budget SAG. I know of none off the top of my head.

Veronica Mars comes to mind, but that doesn't really qualify for Low Budget. I'm fairly sure it falls outside those parameters.

Is that a really good idea? I could be looking at the wrong data, but going from $200k to $220 or $250k might be counterproductive. It may change your categorization from an Ultra-Low Budget Agreement to a Modified Low Budget Agreement for the sake of $20-$50k may end up costing you more depending on how your budget is being spent.

http://www.sagindie.org/resources/contracts

That's tough to do, but still doable. There's a lot to learn. I found a lot of the information isn't available for free. At least you've listed the producing tasks on here to help you with some of the focus.

Thanks for the info. The producers and I have gone back and forth on the SAG, no-SAG issue.

It seems like unless you have a built in audience, doing crowd funding is only going to get you a few bucks and should probably be done through indiegogo so you at least get that. I know you can buy "likes" and featured videos and all that stuff... but wouldn't that be better spent on just advertising the movie itself?

Ok... now sorry for being pissy. That's all on me. Please forgive me.

Yes, there was some sarcasm but the caps was more to make the question stand out from the rest of the stuff in the thread.
I'm glad you now understand that we aren't douchbags. The folks here
can be very helpful. Which is why, I suspect, you chose to stick around.

I personally know only one person who successfully funded a feature
using crowd funding. But they had some "names" involved. I personally
know more than a dozen who did not reach their goal. I'm sure you
looked at rayw's collection of crown funding requests that include follow
through. It's interesting so see what succeeded and what didn't.

I'm glad you now understand that we aren't douchbags. The folks here
can be very helpful. Which is why, I suspect, you chose to stick around.

I personally know only one person who successfully funded a feature
using crowd funding. But they had some "names" involved. I personally
know more than a dozen who did not reach their goal. I'm sure you
looked at rayw's collection of crown funding requests that include follow
through. It's interesting so see what succeeded and what didn't.

Hey... I never said you weren't douchebags ;)

Back