British Filmmakers

Well all that was fun, but Dreadman was right to make a new thread the the accents... getting a little off topic.

So if there are any other British filmmakers or just British users of Indietalk then let us know so that we can stop the bullies from stealing your lunch money...

Chilipie, have you happened to work any sets/productions that have involved warehouse space in the Sheffield area?

I've happened to found a few, but am yet to discover whether they're plausable for filming. Any recomendations?

Sorry, only just seen this… afraid the only gig I've worked on so far up here has been deep in the Peaks, with another scene in a pub, and I don't really know the area well enough yet to recommend anything. I'll have a wee ask around, though!

Sorry, only just seen this… afraid the only gig I've worked on so far up here has been deep in the Peaks, with another scene in a pub, and I don't really know the area well enough yet to recommend anything. I'll have a wee ask around, though!

Not to worry. :)

We're going to be shooting in the Peaks next week. I imagine it's going to be snow covered, so it's fair to say we're not looking forward to the journey...

Another one for the British contingency at indietalk.

My name's Paul Huxley, I live in Sheffield and have been making shorts, music promos, gig visuals and other related stuff for about ten years now as part of a loose collection of individuals called Medlo - kind of a jack-of-all-trades production company. I think primarily I want to be a screen writer - I even managed to get our local (but internationally renowned) film studio Warp Films to read one of my scripts but they turned it down because it would have been to expensive to make. I thought I was writing something ultra-low budget but I guess you can cram one to many stunts in to a screenplay.
At the moment I'm focused on writing/directing/shooting/editing and starring in my own sci-fi folly of a feature film. Well if no one else wants to make my films, then I'd better give it a go myself.
It would be good to make some contacts with fellow Brits (as well as international members too of course ) on the board - I'm sure we can all help each other out.

Hello Huxley!

We seem to have a remarkable amount of people on this forum (myself not included) operating in or around Sheffield, so it might well be a good place to do some networking...

I am a brit film maker, currently living in Edinburgh. Working on my showreel at present. I hope to shot my first feature in the not to distant future.

We recently had a Bollywood production film in Sheffield and with 'Four Lions' also being shot mostly in town aswell, it looks like things are looking good for the Steel City.

Are there any film makers on the forum based in the North of England currently working on any projects? I'd be interested to see if there's anything going on outside of the influence of Warp Films and their genre offshoot WarpX (not that current state of British film funding really gets my hopes up.)

I'm always looking for projects I can lend a hand to in any way.

We recently had a Bollywood production film in Sheffield and with 'Four Lions' also being shot mostly in town aswell, it looks like things are looking good for the Steel City.

Are there any film makers on the forum based in the North of England currently working on any projects? I'd be interested to see if there's anything going on outside of the influence of Warp Films and their genre offshoot WarpX (not that current state of British film funding really gets my hopes up.)

I'm always looking for projects I can lend a hand to in any way.

PM coming your way.

If anyone of you/us Brits are in London at the end of the month and looking for some work/interested in lending a hand, I'm shooting a short film and could do with all the help I can get.

I'm getting in pro DOP and sound recordist, but if you want some work as runner, gaffer, grip or even AD then do get in touch because I'm worried about being a little short handed on set and it would be great to mix with some Indietalkers!

If anyone of you/us Brits are in London at the end of the month and looking for some work/interested in lending a hand, I'm shooting a short film and could do with all the help I can get.

I'm getting in pro DOP and sound recordist, but if you want some work as runner, gaffer, grip or even AD then do get in touch because I'm worried about being a little short handed on set and it would be great to mix with some Indietalkers!

What're the shooting dates? Would love to help out, but depends on other commitments…

26th and 27th of March (ie this month)...

I didn't realise that you were in London?

I'm not, but I've got friends there, and I've made the trip so often in the past few weeks once more wouldn't hurt… :D I'm fairly sure I'm booked to gaffer something in Leeds that weekend, but I'll let you know if I can lend a hand!

That's a shame! Let me know if you're not gafferisating (yep...) that weekend because I could, always, use a fair of hands that no there way around cameras like yours do!

I think it's a shame that the industry is so centralised, especially for regional filmmakers who (presumably) don't get 115 actresses all applying for the same role from one casting call, but it suits me...because it's where I live... :rolleyes:

NC, I´m not sure at the mo but I´ve stuck the dates in my diary - just a pair of hands but a ton of passion!

Jim.
(currently in Orpington)

That's great Jim, would be super to have you on set!

Orpington's a bit of a miles-from-every-possible-location sort of place, but London's not that big, is it? :D

Fish and Chips anyone...?

It's good to see IT collaboration on the rise. I'd encourage the British members who haven't yet stated their arrival here to do so, hopefully this thread can be a helping hand for years to come.

LOL!

The ´fast´ is only 16mins from London Bridge, 19 mins from Waterloo East and 22mins from Charing cross...;)

Jim
(8squid 1-6 zone so very doable and extremely cheap - lol!)

@PTP: Yep, there are quite a few of us Brits on here and it's much easier for us to help each other out than it is for our American friends. So no excuses ;) I'd do it for you guys (or I'd try at least :D )

@Jamster: That's not too far in the great scheme of things... the travelcard (not that I use one) is the best invention for film budgeting. Stops people screwing you over by claiming that a return from Stratford to Green Park costs £14... ;)

Thought this thread could do with a bump.

Also I'm looking for a producer with whom to collaborate, because I just don't have it in me ;)

Back