British Filmmakers

Finished my 4th short today. 2nd Comedy I've written and directed. Its inbound to the 17th Bristol Film Festival so if anyone is about at the festival look out for it if it makes the selection!

Hey guys,

A word of warning. If you are going to purchase camera equipment from Gumtree from anywhere in the UK, avoid dealing with ANITA LEONARD.

This individual is a professional criminal and is a fraudster. They have targeted camera sales specifically it would seem and has caught out many people from May this year, out of hundred and hundred of pounds. They urge the use of a company called Ukash to facilitate the payment- the company is legit, but it is in her false communication where she cons buyers to deliver details pertinent to stealing money.

Please watch out guys. Avoid ANITA LEONARD.

Hope this potentially saves someone disappointment!

This thread seems to have become buried in the lost wastes of Indietalk... thus I resurrect it! Lazarus, walk again!

Any new British filmmakers in here who want to introduce themselves to potential collaborators and friends?
Any Americans want to poke fun at our paltry haul of Oscars this year?

Didn't want to start a new thread, but here's an offer I'd like to make:

I'd like to produce your film. Either giving a small amount of seed money from the TCB development fund, or by offering to assist with the production. In return, all I'd like is a credit for The Clapper Bored. The reason I'm looking to do this is so that we expand our ProdCo portfolio, so that it isn't just my personal projects that have been developed by the company. If you're working on something- short, feature, whatever- and would like some additional assistance, then let me know and we can chat.

I'm going to be in Sheffield for Doc/Fest at the in the second week of June – anyone else in town that weekend/week, or going to Doc/Fest? Would be good to meet people and put faces to usernames...etc.

I'm going to be in Sheffield for Doc/Fest at the in the second week of June – anyone else in town that weekend/week, or going to Doc/Fest? Would be good to meet people and put faces to usernames...etc.

Might be up there as planning a couple of docs. Will figure out the dates I am going on the 8th - 10th May.

Am experimenting with the genre and am in post with a mini-doc so let's see what happens.

Hi guys –

I'm starting a filmmaking collaborative with a group of filmmakers from Shooting People. Based in London, so if anyone on here is interested in finding out more or coming along, please just let me know and I'll add your email address to the mailing list!

Hi guys –

I'm starting a filmmaking collaborative with a group of filmmakers from Shooting People. Based in London, so if anyone on here is interested in finding out more or coming along, please just let me know and I'll add your email address to the mailing list!

The posts seem to have stopped in 2010!

Just in case you guys are still around, I am based in London and am planning to create a short film by early next year.

I have been told that the film has a great script based on a very good concept.

I am a first time film maker so need all the help from experienced professionals that I can get.

Thanks

The posts seem to have stopped in 2010!

Just in case you guys are still around, I am based in London and am planning to create a short film by early next year.

I have been told that the film has a great script based on a very good concept.

I am a first time film maker so need all the help from experienced professionals that I can get.

Thanks

Hi. Not many full-time professionals here but good to hear from you. What's your concept?

Hi. Not many full-time professionals here but good to hear from you. What's your concept?

Well you can go to this link to see the synopses as well as the current screenplay: TrillionToOne.com

I say "current" screenplay because I am still working on it, though I do hope to complete the project by early next year :)

Thanks

A shout out from a noob to my fellow Brits from a born again film maker.

It took me this long to get to the point where I want to make films so if anyone needs an extra pair of hands around the set, actor, boom holder, I'd love to help out.

I'm trying to get as much experience as possible before I make my own * gulp * next year...

So how did your film project set for 2012 go?

I too am working on my first short film, hoping to complete it by early next year so need all the help I can get :)

So how did your film project set for 2012 go?

I too am working on my first short film, hoping to complete it by early next year so need all the help I can get :)

Made a few short films, got festivalled (including one really decent fest), have shot some more music vids and moved on to corporates. Was even paid cold, hard cash for a couple of little something.

So achieved all my goals for 2013 / 2014 and now have some more goals for 2015. Once those are complete, will look to really push things from a commercial perspective in 2016. Maybe I'm aiming too low!

Showreel: https://vimeo.com/paulrwalker/review/59957168/1df6f187a7
Music Vid: https://vimeo.com/paulrwalker/review/84971935/ccf932163f
Contemporary ballet: https://vimeo.com/paulrwalker/review/109097761/10079af22a

If you're serious about shooting shorts, am happy to meet up to have a chat.

Last edited:
hey you British filmmakers... I also make films but I am mostly interested in acting... I am also in the UK but I'm not British... But... GIMME ACTING PART! :D :P

for more information google Lukas DiSparrow :cool:

Back