favorite Your Favorite Weather

we had a few tordanos touch down yesterday in Northern Cali in the city of Sacramento.

The storm came in from the easterns side I understand. Its rare we get tornados in California but they happen. All I saw was a wall of Dark Greenish Black coming towards our house about 50 miles south of Sac going north east. I saw funnel clouds but when I got my camera it kind of dissipated a bit.

I might show you guys it if I find time to render it.

anyways what we got was lots of different color cloud formation and big thunder clouds which California hardly ever sees. It was beautiful and scarey for someone not used to it. And lots of very close lightling. Usually when it lightnings in the bay area its maybe a few strikes and it goes away and most of the time you dont hear it. There were lightning hitting the area like clockwork almost every 10-20 seconds and a few made thunder sounds a second from the flash and they were so loud they rattled the windows.

I know for people in Florida or the south thats normal but here its a treat. we have had nearly 3 months of rain with maybe 8 dry days in the entire time. Thats like 3 years worth of rain in the last 3 months. Im waiting for the big floods to hit the area.

Back