favorite Your Favorite Weather

What kind of weather do you prefer? Do you like it sunny and warm or cold and wet? Personally, I like weather that's stormy, cold and windy.

As long as the temperature is around 30 degrees F I'm happy. Anything above 50 and I start to get angry.

Depends....for Winter, love the snow; pile it on! I only got to go XC skiing once locally so far this season. For Summer, hot Hot HOT!!! Give me 90 degrees every day. Love the sun. LOVE IT! ('course, my gal enjoys losing the bathing suit on the boat if it's warm enough, so that might have something to do with it!)

Only 3 more months 'til sailing season.

About the only weather I don't like is -21f like it was a few weeks ago. Changing weather makes me feel alive.

Living in New England, you don't really get a choice - you get it all, sometimes in the same day.

I've had enough of the snow this year - another blizzard, another mild heart attack from shoveling. Zen - I'll scoop up as much as I can and mail it to you.

My favorite weather, though, is a mid-summer thunderstorm where the incoming cold air purges the warm humid stuff that always seems to cling to everything. It's a thing of wonder.

The kind of day that you only get in Tuscany; warm, sunny and early in the day so you get that incredible quality of light. Living in the constantly grey North of England I never tire of the warmth, but more importantly the light quality.

The other kind of weather I like is early morning autumn frosts where everything is covered in white and there is a light mist on the fields outside my house until the warmth of the morning disperses it. That's as good as it gets.

Hey bird, I've always wanted to go storm chasing. The closest I've come is landing at Miami in the middle of a lightning storm that lit the whole sky. I'd never seen anything like it.

Hey bird, I've always wanted to go storm chasing. The closest I've come is landing at Miami in the middle of a lightning storm that lit the whole sky. I'd never seen anything like it

Clive....you haven't lived to you sit under a highway overpass watching a twister move your car off-ramp to the Burger King on exit 29, or you narrowly miss stepping on live wires dancing around downed power poles :lol:. Weird thing though..you can sense those kind of storms coming...green skies smell funny :)

clive said:
I've always wanted to go storm chasing.

As a newsman working in Central Texas I have done my fair share of storm chasing. It can be exhilerating at times. I once was about a hundred yards away from a twister (don't tell Missuss Poke, she's under the impression that I was a good mile away), and once I did a live shot (mast up in the air) in the middle of a lightning storm - stupid, stupid idea...would never even come close to risking my neck like that again. But overall, I found it tedious and wet. Thankfully the station I work for now isn't big on weather.

Poke

Back