Your Dream Movie

There's a story (or rather series of related stories) that's been in my head for years involving dreams and a labyrinth. There's also a D&D campaign that I wrote but never ran years ago that I would LOVE to turn into something outside of my head.

Oh, and Serenity 2 :)

hmmmm, i had an idea like that one. I got it after watching Pans Labyrinth because I thought it was going to be about a girl stuck in a labyrinth and had to find herself out. Labyrinth on the other hand, was closer to that but it wasn't dark like I would've liked it to be. Good luck on the screenplay, who knows maybe we'll be seeing it in theaters someday.

Names withheld to protect the innocent, and to not get my hopes up too much. BUT:

A co-worker is friends with someone who has been involved in (mostly horror) films since the 70s. He was given a copy of the score I did early this year to a crappy horror film, which he enjoyed, and then eventually said film. He spoke to my coworker (we'll call him, say, Ed) last night and told him he REALLY loved my music and got my contact info from Ed to send some work my way. He then told Ed about being in pre-production for a summer shoot of a remake of one of my favorite films from the 80s with the original writer/director. He then mentioned the possibility of getting me to score it.

Again, not counting chickens, and a project like this is WAY above my current career/skill level. But I am absolutely ECSTATIC right now!

Something that everyone knows which id love to do: The Great Gatsby.

Seems like I remember hearing someone was making this right now.. or recently. Someone good, but I can't remember who. Thought I remember hearing rumours of Leonardo DiCaprio starring.

Weird how everyone mentions adaptations - the first thing that popped into my head is an adaptation. (of a book I'm currently in the middle of)

"A Graveyard for Lunatics" by Ray Bradbury.
I was actually going to start writing it next year pretending that I could get the director I'd like to have do it. (Tim Hope of music video fame)

Other than that I wrote a propaganda film in the style of leave it to beaver a few years ago.
I wouldn't have to make it - I'd settle for being able to FIND it. :(
Back up your work, kids!

For me there are two ideas I've had for ages that I imagine would easily cost a couple mil to make. One is a crime epic, kind of like if you mixed Scarface, The Untouchables and The Godfather all together, but with women. And set in Brisbane. A few people on here probably know what I'm talking about. It's a story I've been writing, and changing, for 8 years or so.

That sounds like a fantastic idea.. particularly set in Australia. (at least to my quasi-american mind). There's something about Ausie women that makes me think you don't want to fuck with them. o.o

@JOSHL - NICE!
Wait.. you're in Pittsburgh?.. Wasn't a certain seminal zombie movie shot just outside of Pittsburgh? hmmmmmmm..
May I hear the score that got this guy's attention?

Last edited:
A also got an idea for a movie on female hitwomen in Mexico, but I'm sure if I even try to look for one to interview I'd probably get kidnapped and never heard from again....but good luck on that crime movie, I'd really like to see a good movie with female criminals, I think its a good idea.

That would certainly be interesting, I hope you can make it someday :)

And thank you :)

That sounds like a fantastic idea.. particularly set in Australia. (at least to my quasi-american mind). There's something about Ausie women that makes me think you don't want to fuck with them. o.o

haha, not the ones in my story at least. They're pretty ruthless. Somewhere in my post history is a thread containing an old draft of a scene where one of the main characters burns someone to death. I since realised that an even better way to do it would be to burn him from the inside out. So yeah, they don't take shit from any one :D

Back