Your Dream Movie

Also forgot, I gave a post-apocalyptic trilogy plus one that I'd love to do and would need a good chunk of change. But I'd like to shoot em over time. Not directly back tO back.

There's been talk of an "Enders Game" (by Orson Scott Card) movie for years. It's definitely going to take someone special to pull it off. I wonder if Pixar could make it as their first R or heavily PG rated film?

The chance of this movie being any good is tiny. I've been hearing their going to take out the deaths of the two kids that Ender fights, which completely destroys his character arc. They're also going to take out the psychology game. Stupid stupid stupid.

The chance of this movie being any good is tiny. I've been hearing their going to take out the deaths of the two kids that Ender fights, which completely destroys his character arc. They're also going to take out the psychology game. Stupid stupid stupid.

There have been, at last count, about seven scripts and five directors. I agree with you, if you take out
Ender killing Stilson and Bonzo, and how the Buggers are involved in the Giants Mound game
you eviscerate the rest of the story - both are key to the development of Enders character.

Someone just needs to give me $200 million and six years and I will make Ender's Game properly, including the characters aging from 11 to 14 or 15 or however old they are at the end of the book. For reals. In live-action.

A frend I am visiting tomorrow night said I was ahead of the industry 10 years ago with my vampire proposal. We're still looking for believers for my VSA Trilogy.

My VSA#1 - The Showdown With Darkness will be more revolutionary the Twilight. Give me 3 years and $300 Million for all 3. Or, $200 Million for just VSA#1. Vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies, angels, archangels, and the devil all come together that traces the origins of these creatures to the creation of humans and their most popular names in their groups like Lilith, the mother of all vampires, her husband Satan, their childre the first vampires that are day walkers, Lamia, the surviving first born of Satan and Lilith carried through time by an archangel to ancient Greece, to the forgotten guardian archangel of Atlantis.

All this pulled together by 3 main characters half angel and half vampire by the great creator of the Universe to end the war between angels and vampires, where Satan holds the angels responsible for slaying fis first born in the Garden of Eden.

It is fun to dream about "if endless funds were available" and "what would you do as a 'dream movie'?"

Asimov's Foundation trilogy would be cool, They Walked like Men, by Simak, Mote In God's Eye by Niven and Pournelle, so many good books that could be dream movies... that I would love to take to screen.

Can't wait t see what they do (big-budgeted movies scheduled for 2012/2013) with Justin Cronin's The Passage and E. R. Burrough's John Carter of Mars series A Princess of Mars.

Gotta say, however, I am sooooo done dreaming about "what if", I see the next year as my last shot at 'making a dream movie' or any movie...

I have 28 scripts, (in varying degrees of rewrite -- most are polished), that I have been working on for the past ten years. I have had several of the scripts up, on-line for any that have the desire to read, (e.g. Sound of Nightmares, Willie and Down - each drastically different examples of my "dream movies").

I plan to do a kickstarter on Death Walks Behind You, goes up Dec. 1st. (everything is in the pre-polish stage). Don't need endless funds, can work with minimums so we're going for it.

There are some really awesome ideas in this thread.

For me there are two ideas I've had for ages that I imagine would easily cost a couple mil to make. One is a crime epic, kind of like if you mixed Scarface, The Untouchables and The Godfather all together, but with women. And set in Brisbane. A few people on here probably know what I'm talking about. It's a story I've been writing, and changing, for 8 years or so.

The other idea is a sci fi, which is really unknown territory for me. It's about this woman who, with her development partner, has created this technology that's basically a chip which can be planted in people's brains. It allows them to enter a virtual reality- the idea being that people who are in comas, people with Alzheimers, brain damage etc can still live in this other reality. And other people can tune in to their reality, so they can see their family and friends again. And you can customise your reality however you like. Oh how lovely. But it still has a few glitches, that the woman and her dev partner are working out by tuning in to the standard reality and renovating it from the inside. The main glitches seem to be that while you're in the reality, your body in the real world isn't sleeping peacefully like it should be, it's completely out of your control. On top of that, there are certain things in the reality that can kill you, like kill you properly, so that needs to get sorted out. Naturally the dev partner figures out how to control the person's body against their will, trap the woman in her own program and get to selling the technology to corrupt governments and criminals and whatnot worldwide. You can probably see where this is going.

Those are my two big ideas. One would cost a lot because it will be long and epic. The other would cost a lot because of all the fighting and special effects :D

Asimov's Foundation trilogy would be cool,

Actually, there are seven Foundation books - Prelude to Foundation, Forward the Foundation, Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation, Foundation's Edge, and Foundation and Earth. Of course, Prelude (the prequel), Second Foundation, Edge and and Earth were written many years later.

I really want to see I, Robot done faithfully to the book. The Will Smith movie was okay, but all it had in common with the Asimov short stories were the character names. Geez, they didn't even apply the Three Laws of Robotics; of course, under the Three Laws the circumstances of the movie would never have happened.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

I would love to make some kind of post apocalyptic epic.
Quite on the other end of the spectrum, I'd love to bring the ninties back. Gangsters, criminals. Smooth robbers and everyone doing cocaine/heroin.

ARGH. Yeah, at this point it is no longer Ender's Game. It's A Movie With A Kid Named Ender. That's like doing Dune without melange. Or Lord of the Rings without, you know, rings.

Well, here the go again.

Summit Entertainment currently has the rights to "Enders Game". Gavin Hood is slated to direct, and there are rumors that Asa Butterfield will play Ender.

I would love to make a Terminator Movie or Stargate movie. I also would like to make comedies maybe a Dane Cook movie or something like that. I would also like to make a buddy cop film similar to the 80s movies like Lethal Weapon or Die Hard. One of the movies I want to do is a college comedy a long the lines of American Pie. To sum it up I am interested in Sci Fi, action, and comedies.

For me there are two ideas I've had for ages that I imagine would easily cost a couple mil to make. One is a crime epic, kind of like if you mixed Scarface, The Untouchables and The Godfather all together, but with women. And set in Brisbane. A few people on here probably know what I'm talking about. It's a story I've been writing, and changing, for 8 years or so.

I thought we already agreed that I would direct this one. Don't be backing out on me now. :)

:lol:

Oops, poorly-worded. My version would be more of a War Movie, bloody as shit (more like in the veign of "Gladiator"), and we wouldn't have any cutesy characters. Also, Anakin's early life of slavery would be treated as tragic as it would in real life.
Sounds interesting. But can you do that without sacrificing the magical/escapist-ness that made the films so great.

As for Trek, I had a feeling you'd like that one. Not sure how you feel about this, but I would essentially bring
Data back from the dead, vis-a-vis B4. "Nemesis" was basically "Wrath of Khan" for Next Gen, including the sacrificial death, but not before Spock/Data plants his memory inside the head of Bones/B4. So, my movie would be "Search for Spock" for Next Gen, except awesome.

This is, of course, what they were leaving the door open for. And it's not a bad idea, but I see a couple potential problems, one practical and one literary/plot. The practical being the whole "how do you explain how an android has aged and gained weight?" (Brent Spiner says he won't play Data because it would no longer be realistic, although who knows what he would do if it was the right script/paycheck).
The second is that you're going to have to come up with another story besides re-hashing search for spock. After all, B4 is already with the crew and already has the memories (iirc), not stranded on an "off-limits" planet with a child mind while someone else has his memories.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a TNG movie, and your idea is where to start it for sure. I just think you need to throw in some time travel and humpback whales. :)

This is, of course, what they were leaving the door open for. And it's not a bad idea, but I see a couple potential problems, one practical and one literary/plot. The practical being the whole "how do you explain how an android has aged and gained weight?" (Brent Spiner says he won't play Data because it would no longer be realistic, although who knows what he would do if it was the right script/paycheck).
The second is that you're going to have to come up with another story besides re-hashing search for spock. After all, B4 is already with the crew and already has the memories (iirc), not stranded on an "off-limits" planet with a child mind while someone else has his memories.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a TNG movie, and your idea is where to start it for sure. I just think you need to throw in some time travel and humpback whales. :)

:)

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't re-hash "Search for Spock", story-wise; I just meant it would function as the re-birth-of-favorite-character movie. But the plot would be brand new.

I'm not even entirely sure Data should be re-born. I think maybe it might be fun to use B4 to bring back the younger Data from the early episodes, the one who was always confused about human behavior. I would want Giordi to do something about improving his motor skills, but I think I might be okay making him not completely Data. I think the whistling at the end of "Nemesis" was a nice touch to let us know he's in there, and I would probably want to do other things like that.

As far as using an aged Spiner, I think there are two ways to solve that problem. You could either use CGI, a la "Tron 2" and "Benjamin Button", or you could just say "who gives a fuck", and do it anyway! :)

I'd like to eventually at least write the story behind King Pakal's sarcophagus lid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Pakal#Erich_von_D.C3.A4niken.27s_.22Maya_Astronaut.22

atlas-mexpakel.jpg

(FWIW, I've about sixty "interesting" feature premises so far that I'll be lucky to get only a dozen written out into full screenplays. So far - ZERO, but am gearing up for my first. Maybe I'll get done with it).

I also got about 40 movie concepts which I've narrowed down to about 20 that I will write. I think you should pick the ones you really have a passion for doing thats what I did, I was stressing over getting them done so no one would get to my idea before me, so I narrowed it down to about 20+.

There are some really awesome ideas in this thread.

The other idea is a sci fi, which is really unknown territory for me. It's about this woman who, with her development partner, has created this technology that's basically a chip which can be planted in people's brains. It allows them to enter a virtual reality- the idea being that people who are in comas, people with Alzheimers, brain damage etc can still live in this other reality. And other people can tune in to their reality, so they can see their family and friends again. And you can customise your reality however you like. Oh how lovely. But it still has a few glitches, that the woman and her dev partner are working out by tuning in to the standard reality and renovating it from the inside. The main glitches seem to be that while you're in the reality, your body in the real world isn't sleeping peacefully like it should be, it's completely out of your control. On top of that, there are certain things in the reality that can kill you, like kill you properly, so that needs to get sorted out. Naturally the dev partner figures out how to control the person's body against their will, trap the woman in her own program and get to selling the technology to corrupt governments and criminals and whatnot worldwide. You can probably see where this is going.

Those are my two big ideas. One would cost a lot because it will be long and epic. The other would cost a lot because of all the fighting and special effects :D

A also got an idea for a movie on female hitwomen in Mexico, but I'm sure if I even try to look for one to interview I'd probably get kidnapped and never heard from again....but good luck on that crime movie, I'd really like to see a good movie with female criminals, I think its a good idea.

Back