Who here likes mocumentries?

Thanks for the heads up mate. In my mini-profile thing to the side it says where I'm from...

Yes, we have rugby here. & soccer is known is soccer.

Once again, best of luck with the whole sleeping thing :lol:

Good night!

Yeah. I saw that right after I posted that...sorry, haha.

Anyway, football is said to be the ultimate team sport because, unlike most sports, one star player can't carry a team to victory. It's truly a team effort...every player is important...hence the analogy to film where every artist (writer, actor, director, etc.) is important.

LOGAN L Productions said:
Something that will make everyone (or, at least most people) laugh.

This doesn't exist. Know matter what the joke, you're gonna find that a lot of people won't laugh. I liked the comment about Humor being like beauty, stick with that. If it's funny to you then it's funny. Unless of course you think Ashton Kutcher movies are funny.

I love Guest's mockumentaries, but I find he's the only one who does it well consitantly. I will say this, however, I'd like to see a mockumentary that actually looks like a real doc (like Blair Witch, only funny).

Poke

I recently saw A Mighty Wind and I was very disappointed. I think Christopher Guest is getting too much money for his films now. He had too many situations where it seemed scripted and rehearsed. Plus the multiple camera angles really killed any sense of realism for me.

Ha ha ha. Ashton Kutcher... That was a good one.

I will agree that 'a mighty wind' was not as good as his previous works. You're right, it lacked sufficiant realism to work in the mocumenrty genre.

CommanderGoat said:
I recently saw A Mighty Wind and I was very disappointed. I think Christopher Guest is getting too much money for his films now. He had too many situations where it seemed scripted and rehearsed. Plus the multiple camera angles really killed any sense of realism for me.

Seriously? You know you are the same guy who like Scary Movie right?

Poke

No, I'm sorry. Scary Movie was extremely bad.

Oh and for the record, Goat will probably respond with some crack about me liking Urban Legends, and I have to admit that I did enjoy it the first time I saw it, but in my defense I was sitting next to girl that I had a huge crush on and she kept grabbing me when she got scared ... who wouldn't like that. Also, he neglects to realize that I have since denounced my stupid enjoyment of the movie, but he still thinks SM was funny.

Poke

Well, I wasn't going to bring up Urban Legends Mr. "It's Awesome" but I guess I will since you're playing dirty. Now, you hear the excuse of "I was with a girl I liked," but really, I could see it in Poke's eyes as he came running out the theater screaming "It's Awesome!" He really did think the movie was awesome.

Basically, Poke doesn't like the Wayans brothers. He's jealous they are making movies and he's ashamed whenever he laughs at their jokes. He also loves all the Scream movies and doesn't like it when they are mocked unless he's the one doing the mocking.

Realistically, it is a different genre of movies that you are discussing. Scary movie is not a mocumentry. So, it is right that he can like a film (even dare I say, Scary movie) because of it's unrealistic veiws in one genre & dislike another film which belongs to a different genre because of it's lack of realism. It is plausible without being particularily contradictive.

Mr.Blonde said:
Realistically, it is a different genre of movies that you are discussing. Scary movie is not a mocumentry. So, it is right that he can like a film (even dare I say, Scary movie) because of it's unrealistic veiws in one genre & dislike another film which belongs to a different genre because of it's lack of realism. It is plausible without being particularily contradictive.

I agree...I don't see what the two had to do with each other or why Scary Movie was brought up at all.

I guess he was discussing your taste in films in general.

I like all different types of films for different reasons. One reason might be that I think something seems really real while in another film, I might like the aspect of imagination & the use of stories that seem impossible.

One's taste in film cannot be judged by one film they enjoy.

Hey Mr. Blonde, maybe you and I could talk with QT and get him to work on the new Harry Potter, that might make the films a little more interesting..... :lol:

For the record, I brought up Scary Movie to clue everyone into the mind of Goat. He didn't like A Mighty Wind - an obviusly good film, but he liked Scary Movie - an obviously bad film.

Scary Movie was bad - to me - because it was a comedy that wasn't funny ... in the least ... to me. I thought, most of it's jokes were ripped off from Zucker Brother's movies, and the ones that weren't were really sad, in my opinion. I don't hate the Wayans (in fact, Marlon is a "scream" in The Ladykillers), I just hated Scary Movie.

As was stated, it is okay to like a movie. I nor you can say for sure that a movie is really bad or good. It's all in perception. And no Scary Movie was not a mockumentary, but Goat sucks anyway.

And in closing, URBAN LEGENDS was the Bomb YO!!!!

Poke

Back