movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Just saw Monuments Men last night. I'd rate it maybe a 1/5? It desperately needed a rewrite. The story they were telling had a ton of potential, but it failed in oh so many ways.

I've always thought Beatles movies have been hit or miss. I mean, Help and A Hard Day's Night are just movies you have to love. Classics.

Then there's Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which are... well... I think I'd be fine if they didn't exist.

LOL yeah that's the general opinion, I'm not sure if I would consider Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band to be a true Beatles movie though. How about Let It Be or Yellow Submarine I heard the latter was pretty great, I haven't read much about Let It Be.

The other Beatles movies starring only one Beatle during the era such as How I Won The War and The Magic Christian unfortunately don't seem to be very good. I'll still watch them all eventually though.

Great short film from Central Florida Film Fest

I saw Sex on the Beach at the Central Florida Film Festival. It was great!! I just found it post online to watch for free at minimovietheater.com Check it out if you want to see a very funny short!

LOL yeah that's the general opinion, I'm not sure if I would consider Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band to be a true Beatles movie though. How about Let It Be or Yellow Submarine I heard the latter was pretty great, I haven't read much about Let It Be.

The other Beatles movies starring only one Beatle during the era such as How I Won The War and The Magic Christian unfortunately don't seem to be very good. I'll still watch them all eventually though.

Let it Be isn't bad. Nothing special. It's interesting if you're a hardcore Beatle fan. I'm not, but it's interesting nonetheless. Yellow Submarine is one of the trippiest movies ever made. :lol: Gotta love the madness :)

yellow-submarine.jpg

Let it Be isn't bad. Nothing special. It's interesting if you're a hardcore Beatle fan. I'm not, but it's interesting nonetheless. Yellow Submarine is one of the trippiest movies ever made. :lol: Gotta love the madness :)

Ah yeah, I'm a huge Beatles fan so I'll check it out. And haha yeah Yellow Submarine looks really interesting!

War Babies starring Shirley Temple - 7.5/10
A cute little short film, not much to say about it other than it was funny at times. I'm a little curious though why I keep seeing these obscure old films starring children that all have them acting like adults. Some of these films even go too far lol, but I guess times change so..

Toy Story 2 directed by John Lasseter - 10/10
A masterpiece! I grew up with Pixar and this is the first film I ever saw by them when I was about 4 years old. I still remembered many scenes. I think this one is equally as brilliant as the original though not as groundbreaking, it's hard for me to choose which one is best. I think I'll stick with the one that meant more to me growing up. I still have to watch the third film, I think I'll cry when I do since these films really meant a lot to me, and the year that Toy Story 3 was released I was dying to watch it but didn't have the chance since I was moving to another country that year!

Ah yeah, I'm a huge Beatles fan so I'll check it out. And haha yeah Yellow Submarine looks really interesting!

War Babies starring Shirley Temple - 7.5/10
A cute little short film, not much to say about it other than it was funny at times. I'm a little curious though why I keep seeing these obscure old films starring children that all have them acting like adults. Some of these films even go too far lol, but I guess times change so..

Toy Story 2 directed by John Lasseter - 10/10
A masterpiece! I grew up with Pixar and this is the first film I ever saw by them when I was about 4 years old. I still remembered many scenes. I think this one is equally as brilliant as the original though not as groundbreaking, it's hard for me to choose which one is best. I think I'll stick with the one that meant more to me growing up. I still have to watch the third film, I think I'll cry when I do since these films really meant a lot to me, and the year that Toy Story 3 was released I was dying to watch it but didn't have the chance since I was moving to another country that year!

Yeah, do see it. Film One will always be the best film of the three so far, I should think. But 3 is very good.

It's nice to see films that have appeal to all ages because of their universal message. 3's my favorite, but they all are definitely staples in not just animation, but film history.

Yup, growing up these films meant a lot to me, pretty much all of Pixar's films though and they are still great today! I agree that the Toy Story series is a masterpiece for cinema in general (though I feel many animated films qualify but are ignored just because they are animated).

Her.

Visually pretty decent. Terrible script and about an hour too long. Basically, they took a long distance relationship and made it into this. I honestly hated the voice of the OS, it made me cringe with embarrassment at times. I really wanted to like it, because Being John Malkovich was so good and Where the Wild Things Are was so bad. No, this is a huge disappointment.

Django Unchained

Should have seen it sooner. Visually entertaining as always with a Tarantino film, and the story was good too. Although I like Tarantino, for some reason I wasn't expecting to like it, so was pleasantly surprised. 8/10

Saw "A Winter's Tale" last night. I dunno what I was expecting, but it wasn't what was on the screen -- but it was good. Definitely requires pretty heavy suspension of disbelief, but enjoyable overall. 8/10 for me.

Infernal Affairs directed by Andrew Lau Wai-keung & Alan Mak - 9/10
A brilliant crime drama! The only real flaw for me is that the beginning of the film lacks character development which could have made the emotional scenes later in the film even stronger than they already are. Still, the film has a great story and an awesome visual/editing style. As usual, Tony Leung is amazing (the more films of his I watch, the more I'm convinced that he is one of the greatest actors ever!). One thing I love about this film is how it focuses on two characters deeply which is a lot different than most films I watch. I think this is one of those films I'd like to see again and again!

Infernal Affairs directed by Andrew Lau Wai-keung & Alan Mak - 9/10
A brilliant crime drama! The only real flaw for me is that the beginning of the film lacks character development which could have made the emotional scenes later in the film even stronger than they already are. Still, the film has a great story and an awesome visual/editing style. As usual, Tony Leung is amazing (the more films of his I watch, the more I'm convinced that he is one of the greatest actors ever!). One thing I love about this film is how it focuses on two characters deeply which is a lot different than most films I watch. I think this is one of those films I'd like to see again and again!

Great movie! Check out the The Departed as well, a loose remake of Infernal Affairs directed by Martin Scorsese if you have not.

:)

Dad Man Down - 8/10

Some of the best cinematography in a movie. Loved the pacing, loved the plot, loved the characters. You'll probably disagree with me, but I couldn't complain much about this one.

Robo-Cop (2014) - 8/10

Blew away my expectations. I thought it'd be a shitty remake (and I didn't even like the original much) but I found myself thoroughly intrigued by this one and it kept my attention throughout. Surprisingly made me feel some emotions, too.

The Kid directed by Charlie Chaplin - 10/10
A simple little masterpiece with lots of laughs and some emotional scenes as well. This is my first Chaplin feature and I look forward to watching his other ones!

Back