• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What Would You Say

Interesting film, nice to see people's reactions. I'm an atheist and I actually dislike religion but I'm all for the idea that people can believe what they like and how they like.

This video I think goes beyond that question, "What would you say". Lots of the people's reactions would be what I would say to an old friend, or a person I have just met but that I respect. I feel it's sad that most people can only say those things to "God" and not each other.

Have you considered broadening your scope to "What would you say to" and then add "your oldest friend", or "What would you have said" and then ask people about a mistake they made but regret?
I feel that would make for a much more meaningful film since it's about humanity overall and not just a small part of a population.

Just my thoughts, but I enjoyed your film and congratulations on making it. :)

I am not a very religious person either however I think that even though you aren't religious you can still answer the question. The idea of "God" is still present as some father figure in the sky that regardless of your faith, nationality or social class, so I still believe that it is an all encompassing question. Thank you for your thoughts and feedback

Looks beautiful! Too long. I would probably cut it in half. You wouldn't even necessarily need to cut any particular shots out. They just linger too long.

Just one example -- "Where you been all my life? That's what I would say. Umm..."
We already know that's what he would say. And why do we need to hear him say "umm..."? This particular shot is WAY too long, and I feel the same way about almost the entire film.

Regardless, I think you did a nice job, overall.

Judging by the positive response on the video page, you seem to have struck a chord. If works like this were more common -- things that start a conversation in a non-judgmental way -- we'd all be better off.

I tried to talk to some people for a while before the question. Some people needed me to talk them up before agreeing to be on camera. For the most part though, people opened up pretty quickly and didn't need too much prodding

Really enjoyed the film, nice shooting style and really poignant thoughts being given by the subjects. Some reverted to stereo type though which panders to the hollywood view of the USA, would have been nice if they had gone a non-stereo typical way instead but thats the nature of filming on the street i guess, you never know quite what your going to get. I would agree that it does run a little long but the quality is fantastic!

Back