What is the "big/classic" movie that you've never seen?

I'm usually about 5-10 years behind with popular movies (unless they're sci-fi/fantasy/horror in which case I'm usually first in line), and I rarely watch comedies, so there's lots of recent films I haven't seen. Outside of that, I haven't seen Titanic. There's still a few Herzog and Bergman films I haven't gotten around to yet. Glancing through the IMDB top 250 I realize that a) I watch too many movies and b) I haven't seen "American History X" yet. I ought to fix that.

Haven't watched Gone with the Wind, just recently saw Rebel Without a Cause, sepaking of Dean just sawe Giant the other day too.

Recent, Transformers Tre, Shia Labeouff is great but boycotting teh disappearance of Megan Fix-she's a fox?

There's quite a few I havn't seen...

Jaws
2001 Space Odyssey
Schindler's List
Terminator
Kill Bill

I'm sure there's more, but I always find that when you start to think of these things, they always escape your mind

Requiem for a Dream :blush:

Won't watch it, 'cos all I've heard is that it's one massive downer that never gets any happier.

Not sure I could take that. :no:

Requiem for a Dream :blush:

Won't watch it, 'cos all I've heard is that it's one massive downer that never gets any happier.

Not sure I could take that. :no:

It's not a particularly good film. He reprises all the techniques that were new and cool in Pi with a story about people I didn't care two shits about whether they lived or died.

Christmas Story is my favorite holiday movie of all time!!

Probably my three favorite classics - Cool Hand Luke, Indiana Jones, Casablanca with Casablanca probably being my favorite movie of all time.

It's about classics you have never seen!

Requime For A Dream', however, is the most awfully depressing film I've ever had the displeasure to watch. I don't mind drama, I'm not into 'happily ever after', but this film absolutly ran me into the ground.

Watch Breaking Waves, Dancer In The Dark, Dogville, and/or Antichrist. (Lars Von Trier)
You might have to watch Requiem for a Dream again afterward just to cheer yourself up.

Watch Breaking Waves, Dancer In The Dark, Dogville, and/or Antichrist. (Lars Von Trier)
You might have to watch Requiem for a Dream again afterward just to cheer yourself up.

I made it about 30 minutes into antichrist before I shut it off. If you can't make me give a f**k what happens to the characters in half an hour then I'm done. I didn't care if they lived, if they died, if they resolved their issue, I just wanted them to go away.

I think there are a lot. And I'm going to limit my list to actual classics (ie: I haven't seen inception, either but that's so new, who cares?), and also I'm going to limit it to movies I feel ashamed as a filmmaker that I haven't seen.

Lawrence of Arabia
Cleopatra
Easy Rider
2001 (pretty sure I saw it as a little kid, but I don't actually remember it that well, and certainly didn't appreciate it)
Apocalypse Now
The only John Ford film I'm sure I have seen is 'Seven Women'

Here's the big one, but remember, people who have not seen Star Wars should not throw stones (you know who you are):
Citizen Kane

I made it about 30 minutes into antichrist before I shut it off. If you can't make me give a f**k what happens to the characters in half an hour then I'm done. I didn't care if they lived, if they died, if they resolved their issue, I just wanted them to go away.

That perspective always seemed odd to me..
"Tell me your story - but tell it like this.."

I always feel it's your story. Tell it how you like.
Rejecting something is the antithesis of watching or listening.
I'm their to listen..

but uh.. if you didn't like the characters
She ends up castrating them both (or whatever the equivalent is for a woman), she sticks a drill through his leg, and he ends up bashing her head in.. (I think.. it's been a while) - so you would have had that to look forward to.. :D

Sorry I misread the OP

In that case... I've never seen any of the Godfather films, which I've been meaning to take care!

I've never seen Gone with the Wind, which I do believe I may like, and I've never seen any movie with M. Monroe!

Last edited:
Sorry I misread the OP

In that case... I've never seen any of the Godfather films, which I've been meaning to take care!

I've never seen Gone with the Wind, which I do believe I may like, and I've never seen any movie with M. Monroe!

Watch a MM movie and you'll realize why she is what she is. Not only beyond gorgeous, but sex just oozing from every pore on her body.

That perspective always seemed odd to me..
"Tell me your story - but tell it like this.."

I always feel it's your story. Tell it how you like.
Rejecting something is the antithesis of watching or listening.
I'm their to listen..

but uh.. if you didn't like the characters
She ends up castrating them both (or whatever the equivalent is for a woman), she sticks a drill through his leg, and he ends up bashing her head in.. (I think.. it's been a while) - so you would have had that to look forward to.. :D

Filmmaking 101 is that you have make the audience invest in the characters. Love them, hate them, want to know what's going to happen to them. The characters in antichrist are both so vile, so off-putting, so un-interesting, it was pretty close to watching paint dry. If he's made it a short and someone had come in and blow both their heads off about 20 minutes into the film it might have actually been ok.

Von Trier is a great film theorist while somehow managing to be one of the worst filmmakers on earth.

Back