What is the "big/classic" movie that you've never seen?

Mine was inception until recently and I love it now. The classically popular movie that i've never seen is a Christmas story

Maybe Star Wars. Don't think I've ever seen it. Probably seen a bit but not my thing I guess.

I still have no desire to see it. Is that strange?

Good topic btw.

Erasurehead. Bits of it though.
The Long Goodbye.
Deep Throat.
Double Indemnity. Bits of it though.
Transformers II. Just kidding.
Metropolis. Though bits of it.
Nosferatu. Though bits of it.
Birth of a Nation.
Lord, I know there are more...

There's a lot. I'd say the Genre I've seen the least of is western though.
Never seen a John Wayne movie. Not sure what John Ford did.
When I do get around to it though, I think I'll cut in through Jimmie Stewart.

There's a lot. I'd say the Genre I've seen the least of is western though.
Never seen a John Wayne movie. Not sure what John Ford did.
When I do get around to it though, I think I'll cut in through Jimmie Stewart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ford_filmography
I knew Ford directed THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, and it's one of my fave films.

Another B&W western you might want to consider is HIGH NOON.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Noon

And a few Sergio Leone flicks wouldn't hurt, either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Leone

But like anything you don't find yourself possessing a natural affinity for, "you gotta be in the right mood for it".
I suggest lazy afternoons. ;)

Mea culpa: BEACHES and STEEL MAGNOLIAS.
I know they're chick flick manna, but...

Last edited:
There’s lots of real classics that I’ve never seen, most of which I still have no interest in. “Gone With The Wind” and “Some Like It Hot” immediately spring to mind.

I've never seen Casablanca.

Up until a couple weeks ago, I'd never watched Gone with the Wind all the way through.

I've never seen any of the Godfather movies, or Apocalypse Now, or The Graduate, or Schindler's List, or Psycho, or Goodfellas, or Unforgiven...

For the most part, I have no interest in seeing most of the above (with the exception of Casablanca).

It's the Godfather films for me -- no desire to see them.

Other, less "classic" ones that I haven't seen are all Darren Aronofsky movies. I want to see them but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've never seen Gone With the Wind.

I've got it on DVD but every time I'm about to watch I check the runtime and no longer have any desire to see it.

I've never seen The Godfather Part II. Didn't love the first, so didn't see any reason to watch the second.

Amazing how much Godfather is popping up. really, really, really good films (1 &2). The kind of thing that if I'm channel surfing and it's on I cannot help stopping and watching.

...I haven't seen are all Darren Aronofsky movies. I want to see them but haven't gotten around to it yet...

He's made some great films, if you're into drama. 'Pi' is at least interesting and 'The Wrestler' is good. Requime For A Dream', however, is the most awfully depressing film I've ever had the displeasure to watch. I don't mind drama, I'm not into 'happily ever after', but this film absolutly ran me into the ground.

I only write this because I finally got to watch 'Black Swan' a couple nights ago. It's awesome. Definately watch that one.

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ford_filmography
I knew Ford directed THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, and it's one of my fave films."

Certainly top 10, maybe top 5 all time as far as directors go. Anybody aspiring to direct films really needs to at least get a taste of his work.

One of the movies I have never seen is scarface the while way through and any of the godfathers. I'm sure that there are a lot more I just dont remember

I've never seen Gone With the Wind.

I've got it on DVD but every time I'm about to watch I check the runtime and no longer have any desire to see it.

I've never seen The Godfather Part II. Didn't love the first, so didn't see any reason to watch the second.

Same here! I've never seen Gone With the Wind.

I think I've watched SMALL snatches of Godfather (the first one) nevermind the others

I've also never watch Titanic and don't have any desire-I've watched the ship sinking scene on the internet for the effects part of it, but that's it.

Back