Web Series Development

I am about to (finally) begin production on two web series. One of the series is mine and the other is my producer's. I have my location and props for my series and my producer is finalizing things for hers. Thanks to posts on this very forum, I will wait to post any of the episodes until I have 5 to 8 in the can and ready to go. That way I can upload new content on a set schedule and have a little leeway if I have a production setback.

I did some test shots to get a feel for what I was still lacking. My audio is passable for YouTube and my camera settings are fine. The lighting leaves a bit to be desired, so I will tend to that this week. I did notice a wardrobe issue that I have since remedied. I am writing my dialogue and coordinating the other presenters so that I can record multiple episodes worth of each of their segments at a time. Then I will spend a day or so in the studio shooting my coverage. Finally I will edit together the shows and begin uploading them. I would like to stick to the 5 minute mark.

I decided to give the girl that Jaime replaced another chance. As long as I can keep her focused and get the segments that I need done in a day or two, it should work out just fine. I imagine that she will be much more motivated to shoot once the merchandising money starts to come in.

The idea has been kicked around. She has a friend who is as qualified (if not more so) as she is. We are feeling her out about doing some guest spots. One of the marketing ideas that I have involves many, many, gun girls. This is a picture of the old/new GWG.

Attachments

• GenevieveG2.jpg
    GenevieveG2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 76
I did a bikini photo shoot with Gen, the new/old GWG last week. I also shot some behind the scenes video that I will edit into a brief montage type of thing and add some music as a backdrop. I imagine that video will get a butt load of views.

This photo shoot was for another acting gig. If we had the time (the Saints were in the playoffs), we would have done some weapons shots and video. I showed up with firearms and wardrobe to get that coverage. Not knowing that the house that she had for us to shoot in was without electricity really ate up my setup time. I also couldn't use my big lights because everything (including the painter's 1000 watt work light) all had to run off of a single 15 amp circuit through a 100 foot extension cord. All things considered, I'm just glad I was able to come away with anything useful.

As a sort of personal experiment to see which video hosting service is better for people stumbling upon my videos, I post all of my Inside The Bunker videos to both YouTube and Vimeo. I actively promote my YouTube content and just let the Vimeo content find it's own way. My videos get many times more views on Vimeo than they do on YouTube. I suppose I should start promoting the Vimeo content instead.

I am beginning to think that this production is cursed. The new GWG has left the show before filming a single segment. She tends to be flakier than a leper colony and has a job where she is essential personnel. She keeps getting called into work or forced to work overtime. This screws up the schedule. Add to that the fact that she insists on having hair and MUA services on set, which is not happening because she can't stick to a schedule and it is stupid to pay hair/MUA to show up and not use them or for for short notice cancellation. The search for a 3rd GWG is on. It isn't as if this is an unpaid gig either. I cover travel expenses and catering for production days and the GWG will get a generous percentage of merchandise sales.

Does anyone else out there find that people are awfully short sighted these days, or is my project just not appealing to the women that would help sell it?

You might wanna drive around to all the gun ranges in a tri-county area and put up a flyer for an actual gun enthusiast that is bright and attractive, as opposed to finding a bright and attractive actress and putting a gun in her hands.

You may even research the competitive shooting circuit for a belle.

Obviously males 18+ are the target audience for GWG.
Maybe only the most puerile viewers will demand a 9/10 bimbo-Rambo, but I believe a majority of the developmentally "mature" audience would become more loyal to a 6 or 7/10 with character and charisma.
People can smell BS a mile out.
Guys will make some pretty generous allowances.
(Lotta homeless men, not too many homeless women on the streets. Why? fewer crazy chicks? Pfft. I don't think so.)

Excellent points rayw. Where I live, there is an abundance of unregulated outdoor shooting opportunities, which limits the need for square ranges. I do know the managers of some of the local ranges and will reach out to them. Perhaps I'm not putting enough hard sell into looking for the right GWG. For the record, the one that just left was a fully trained firearms professional, too bad she was more interested in shoes than the show. I will also remove the bikini photo shoot video from my Uncle Gilly channels. I'm going to re-edit it and post the new, longer, version to my Lucky Hardwood channels.

It has been a long time since I updated this thread. I have been searching high and low for a new gun girl. I am pleased as all get out to say that we finally have achieved Victorie! That's right, the new and improved gun girl's actual given name is Victory Raine. How awesome is that? Plus, she is an absolute natural. I shot some test footage to get a feel for the new workflow and she just sparkles. I will be posting one or two shots in the Stills Share thread.

Back