> VOD Indie Film Distribution Exploration

Alright, with grrrrreat reluctance I'm beginning a new thread with my investigation notes about video-on-demand.
I wanted to just attach it to the other thread as a minor tangent, but this just keeps getting hairier and hairier demanding it's own thread. Sorry :(

Although this first post is a C&P regurgitation of the last info from another thread subsequent posts will highlight boiled down items of interest.
(IOW, there's a big difference between writing copy to fill collumn inches and writing to slam home crude education - which is my preferred approach: "Ten words or less. What?!"

Subsequent posts will examine individual articles begining with that FilmThreat Going Bionic series.

Have fun. :)

Another interesting VOD article:
Dated - Fall 2009 http://www.filmmakermagazine.com/issues/fall2009/industry-beat.php

By all accounts, the most successful VOD films fall into one of a few categories, horror-thrillers (Dark Mirror, Magnolia's Surveillance or The Mutant Chronicles), sexy stuff (like some of IFC's racy French fare) or star-studded comedies (IFC's I Hate Valentine's Day, starring the leads from My Big Fat Greek Wedding).

"The films working on cable VOD are going to be the films that people want to watch with other people, things that are provocative, either from a violence or stylish sense, or a titillating standpoint,"

It appears that if you can skip the dubious expense of a questionable theatrical release, the title and description are intriguing enough, that VOD only distribution may be fairly viable.

Surprisingly some filmmakers are ending up in better fiscal shape by bypassing the theatrical route. Joe Swanberg says the VOD performance for his latest film, Alexander the Last, was similar to his previous Hannah Takes the Stairs. Both were released on IFC with grosses around $250,000. But Alexander may turn out to be significantly more profitable because the higher expenses associated with Hannah's theatrical release ate up all of its VOD proceeds.

And another "more" current article:
Dated - Jun 29, 2010 http://www.filmthreat.com/features/22975/

Finding a way to get your film noticed can be as hard, or harder, than finding the money to make your film in the first place. Of course having certain elements like a notable cast and a “bionic” genre (i.e. action, sci-fi and thriller) will certainly help. But, you should have a clear idea about who your audience is and how you can exploit your product to them through the correct V.O.D. platform.

2) People under the age of 25 buy most of the content sold to cell phones.

Since most contracts with V.O.D. suppliers are non-exclusive, your distributor should exploit your film to multiple suppliers. Let me just clarify that point: Your contract with your distributor is always exclusive, but their contract with V.O.D. suppliers is usually non-exclusive. This means you can have your film available to multiple V.O.D. suppliers if it makes sense to do so.

Cool. There's a series: http://www.filmthreat.com/page/7/?s="going+bionic"

Another informative "definitions of VOD" article:
Dated - Aug 25, 2011 http://www.sellingyourfilm.com/blog/tag/film-distribution-contracts/

Good Lord.
The amount of data to learn on this subject is... deep enough to drown in.
Looks like a chock-load of undated FREE RESOURCES in that first left column block: http://www.filmspecific.com/public/main.cfm

I think this is enough to keep me busy for a week.
(BTW, did I ever tell you guys that the reason I got interested in filmmaking is because I DON'T like reading anymore, especially when a book takes six or more hours to convey what a film can do in under two hours? And what am I doing a sh!t load of now? Yuk yuk yuk. Life is funny).

Last edited:
Gotcha.
Beta testing, AKA: Insufficient data available.
Sorry, I'm a little sloww sometimes.

1. Gotcha. Understood.
2. Pfft. LOL. The look and presentation are irrelevant. I'm only after the data.

"THIS VOD movie was downloaded or watched THIS number of times generating THIS amount of revenue."
That's the VOD Holy grail.
Anyone can find that data from BoxOfficeMojo or The-Numbers fro theatrically released films, even The-Numbers has some DVD sales numbers, but only for wide release films.
There's nothing anywhere I've been able to find for small theatrical release DVD sales, let alone straight to DVD or VOD sales, in volume or revenue numbers.

Thanks just for following up, Nick. :)

No problem, Im not sure others will think that is the holy grail, many producers will not want there information public, So it will be up to them.... We will not tell our producer that all info has to be public... BUT you brought up a good idea, --- we could offer a request to show their info on a certain page of DiGi Distribution's site, like digidistribution.com/digi-box-office

How about that?

Nick Soares

... we could offer a request to show their info on a certain page of DiGi Distribution's site, like digidistribution.com/digi-box-office
Kinda like how YouTube shows views.

I don't know what arrangement the theaters have with whomever is collecting the same/comparable data from them for BOM & T-N, but "Yes".

However, for the data to be meaningfully comprehensive it would likely have come from one of the large video hosting platforms, such as Hulu, iTunes, netFlix or Amazon.

No worries.
Thanks, again.

However, for the data to be meaningfully comprehensive it would likely have come from one of the large video hosting platforms, such as Hulu, iTunes, netFlix or Amazon.

That is where the data would come from yes, if the producer want to have it displayed. Again Producers will have to right to show their profits, clicks, downloads, or keep it private.

Nick Soares

Ray, Got any success stories of just VOD online? Did see any in this thread? Might've missed it.
See, that's PRECISELY the kind of information Nick & I were seeing if we had, we don't, and I HAVEN'T been able to find ANY VOD info, even something as basic as regarding download or # of views info.

It's a total black hole or I'm looking in the wrong place or might need to pay for database access even if such data exists. I don't know.

As far as I can tell there's none just laying about for the public to gander at, like at BoxOfficMojo or The-Numbers for theatrical releases.

But you guys know me, I'll just keep on lookin' for it like a nutty prospector, or Indie Jones!

IndyDM_468x331.jpg

Another VOD distribution graphic:

us_reach.jpg

In this example the company "REVOLVER" is paid by the filmmaker customer (AKA content provider) to ensure distribution to service providers in the different groups/platforms who in turn provide the film to the customer.

Rotate the arrangement clockwise 90° then add a few things to change the groupings and you have...

filmmakers_chart_big.jpg

Last edited:
Just a matter of relative perspective... in Canada. (It's likely the same as in the States, and elsewhere.)
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/reports/policymonitoring/2009/cmr41.htm
Especially Table 4.1.1 Broadcasting revenues ($ millions)

And keep in mind, this is already four-year old data.
Percentages may currently be significantly different.

More good poop:
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/reports/policymonitoring/2009/cmr43.htm
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/reports/policymonitoring/2009/cmr45.htm

Last edited:
Well, I may have found... a version or piece of what I'm looking for:

http://instantwatcher.com/titles/popular/1

Click on a title, like the currently #1 Most Popular film The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 2009 (the original version I prefer, BTW), and the page that appears provides both a time frame/window over which the film was available and how many times it was "Queued", (in TGWTDT's case: Queued by: 10011 people), which I know not everyone watched, but let's just assume a statistical constant across all films, genres, and audiences which will render such an argument moot.

Switch over to the opposite end of the popular spectrum and you get:
http://instantwatcher.com/titles/popular/146

Dead last is The Hills: Season 3 2007 with a whopping queued viewership of... Queued by: 50 people. But hey, it's only had an extra three months on Dragon Tattoo, so... maybe it's a sleeper.

;)

The data comes from NetFlix, which would be a quite satisfactory sample group to me.
http://instantwatcher.com/
"Instantwatcher helps you find good streaming titles from Netflix"
Something ELSE to eventually go poking through:
http://developer.netflix.com/

Last edited:
Working on a glitchy computer, please be patient with the constant interruptions and edit/updates through this mildly time consuming process...

Titles from the 2010 Independent Film Distribution & Revenue Analysis
1. Animal Kingdom no data
2. Bass Ackwards no data
3. Blue Valentine no data
4. Buried - Available From: Sep 02, 2011 Available Until: Mar 02, 2013 Queued by: 1907 people
5. Cairo Time no data
6. City Island no data
7. Cyrus no data
8. Daddy Longlegs (Go Get Some Rosemary) no data
9. The Extra Man - Available From: Dec 16, 2010 Available Until: Dec 16, 2013 Queued by: 874 people
10. The Freebie - Available From: Feb 20, 2011 Available Until: Feb 20, 2013 Queued by: 530 people
11. Get Low no data
12. Greenberg no data
13. Happythankyoumoreplease no data
14. Harry Brown - Available From: Jun 13, 2011 Available Until: Dec 01, 2012 Queued by: 2715 people
15. Holy Rollers - Available From: Oct 19, 2010 Available Until: Oct 19, 2012 Queued by: 1077 people
16. The Human Centipede - Available From: Nov 15, 2010 Available Until: Nov 15, 2013 Queued by: 1308 people
17. I Am Love - Available From: Nov 11, 2010 Available Until: Nov 11, 2013 Queued by: 415 people
18. I Killed My Mother (J'ai tué me mère) no data
19. The Kids Are All Right no data
20. The Killer Inside Me no data
21. Lebanon no data
22. Life During Wartime no data
23. Looking for Eric no data
24. Mao's Last Dancer - Available From: Dec 28, 2011 Available Until: Jun 28, 2013 Queued by: 200 people
25. Micmacs no data
26. Mother and Child no data
27. Ondine - Available From: Oct 20, 2010 Available Until: Oct 20, 2013 Queued by: 1084 people
28. 127 Hours no data
29. Please Give no data
30. Solitary Man no data
31. Splice no data
32. Tiny Furniture - Available From: Dec 20, 2011 Available Until: Dec 20, 2014 Queued by: 461 people
33. Winter’s Bone - Available From: Jul 30, 2011 Available Until: Jan 26, 2013 Queued by: 2136 people

Titles from the 2011 Sundance Feature Film Distribution & Revenue Analysis
1. All She Can no data
2. Another Earth no data
3. Bellflower no data
4. Bengali Detective no data
5. Buck - Avilable From: Oct 04, 2011 Available Until: Oct 04, 2014 Queued by: 560 people
6. Circumstance no data
7. Devil's Double no data
8. Gun Hill Road no data
9. Hobo With a Shotgun - Available From: Aug 05, 2011 Available Until: Aug 05, 2014 Queued by: 4893 people
10. Homework / The Art of Getting By no data
11. I Melt With You no data
12. I Saw the Devil - Available From: Jun 09, 2011 Available Until: Jun 09, 2014 Queued by: 2387 people
13. In a Better World no data
14. Indicies no data
15. Kaboom no data
16. Life in a Day - Available From: Nov 13, 2011 Available Until: Nov 08, 2013 Queued by: 1297 people
17. Like Crazy no data
18. Mad Bastards - Available From: Nov 07, 2011 Available Until: Nov 07, 2014 Queued by: 53 people
19. Margin Call no data
20. Martha Marcy May Marlene no data
21. Meek's Cutoff - Available From: Dec 09, 2011 Available Until: Nov 15, 2013 Queued by: 451 people
22. Our Idiot Brother no data
23. Page One - Available From: Nov 17, 2011 Available Until: Nov 17, 2014 Queued by: 911 people
24. Pariah no data
25. Perfect Sense no data
26. Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold no data
27. Project Nim no data
28. Red State - Available From: Oct 18, 2011 Available Until: Oct 18, 2014 Queued by: 4931 people
29. Salvation Boulevard no data
30. Septien - Available From: Oct 12, 2011 Available Until: Oct 11, 2014 Queued by: 89 people
31. Silent House no data
32. Sound of My Voice no data
33. Take Shelter no data
34. Terri no data
35. The Big Bang no data
36. The Details no data
37. The Future no data
38. The Guard no data
39. The Last Mountain - Available From: Oct 12, 2011 Available Until: Nov 01, 2012 Queued by: 167 people
40. The Ledge no data
41. The Music Never Stopped no data
42. The Son of No One no data
43. The Troll Hunter / TrollHunter - Available From: Sep 23, 2011 Available Until: Sep 23, 2014 Queued by: 3110 people
44. These Amazing Shadows - Available From: Dec 24, 2011 Available Until: Dec 24, 2014 Queued by: 532 people
45. Uncle Kent - Available From: Aug 10, 2011 Available Until: Jul 27, 2013 Queued by: 124 people
46. Win Win no data

Last edited:
Alright, IT folks...

Here's the NetFlix queue data for '2011 Sundance Feature Film Distribution & Revenue Analysis'.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsBznn8D13zOdGlCeDRmWTFCYXJRWjJ3SUphZDNzMGc#gid=3
(Make sure you're looking at the THIRD tab.)

As the page title line states:
"The idea behind this chart below is to develop an understanding of expectations from VOD distribution using a large distributor, such as NetFlix for this database."
The columns of greatest interest indicate the number of times per week the film has been queued, Column I.

I'm surprised more 2011 Sundance-to-Theatrical-Released films have NOT been released on NetFlix.
Any knowledge, theories, fair guesses as to WHY this is would be appreciated.

At some near future point I will endeavor to hunt down the remaining feature films shown at 2011 Sundance that didn't receive theatrical distribution and see if they ended up being shown through NetFlix.

I'm surprised more 2011 Sundance-to-Theatrical-Released films have NOT been released on NetFlix.
Any knowledge, theories, fair guesses as to WHY this is would be appreciated.

Many producers with films that are very well known and marketed "such as some sundance films" will wait to be released on Netflix until sales drop drastically. Many products have iTunes and Netflix together such as the Apple TV. Many people have accounts for both, and would rather not pay so they watch the film on Netflix rather then paying the 3.99 or 4.99 on iTunes, but if its only available on DVD or iTunes for example then there is a better chance of making more money the a license fee from Netflix.

For the small budgets with no marketing $$ doing this backwards can have the opposite effect, (If your film is good) you can create a buzz through netflix users that can start creating posts and blogs about the film and can start getting the iTunes users to start purchasing, and now you got your fee from netflix and are now making some cashflow from iTunes....

Hope this helped

Last edited:
Investigating the NetFlix to Distributor to (Indie) Filmmaker Payout Model

Thank you, Nick.
That makes some sense.

This whole filmmaker-to-customer supply chain thing can get awfully buggery.

I spent some on-again-off-again time today simply trying to verify NetFlix's cut on content.
While sifting through my two-tons of dirt to get an ounce of gold I've run across some interesting ancillary info, (and plenty of irrelevant diversions! Oh! And this one, too!).

It appears that NetFlix prefers that you come to them with some numbers about interest in your film already BEFORE they will consider accepting it.
http://production2blog.com/2012/01/10/how-to-distribute-your-film-using-social-media/
"There are no costs to the filmmaker, plus you get a detailed demographic report of your viewers after your 60 day run is complete. This means that you’ve got valuable data about your addressable market, which you can use when trying to get distribution through Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc."

Back to the original question of "What is NetFlix's cut?", I can't seem to really locate any numbers from any credible sources.

I found the following, which doesn't really surprise me at all:
http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-re...tudios-receive-from-Netflix-Instant-streaming
"Question: What is the revenue model filmmakers and studios receive from Netflix Instant streaming?
Answer: From - Rakesh Agrawal
It seems to vary. According to their annual report, it seems that most content is licensed for a set fee that is tied to box office receipts. (It doesn't matter how many people watch it, though that obviously affects bandwidth costs.) They also have some performance-based deals."

That's an answer from a year and a half ago, and it seems rather off-the-cuff, and by an uncredited source, but still... It jives with other remarks about the same.

In this blog article (which, although a year old, still looks legit) the author states:
http://www.diysucks.com/2011/02/secrets-of-netflix-distribution-and-revenue.html
" the key to increasing Netflix purchases of DVDs (as well as Watch Now licensing fees) is increasing the number of people who have your film in their Netflix queue. This was another thing I heard at the Distribution Panel hosted by the NY Film Office at Sundance this year.

Be sure everyone you know keeps your film listed their Netflix queue and gives you a great rating. Additionally, it makes a difference to have great IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes scores -- and to be engaged with a large audience of fans.

How Netflix Watch Now revenue works
I asked the New York panel about the revenue model for the hugely popular Netflix Watch Now on-demand service. It turns out that Netflix buys films for Watch Now similar to the way that TV networks do: Netflix pays a license fee to show the film to an unlimited audience during a given period."

Just ignore the rubbish about DVD sales.
I think most anyone doing any heavy lifting revenue generating investigating will confirm DVD sales are anemic enough only rate one bullet above VHS tapes in the list of dead or dying products.

Again, there's a reference to having some third party views, interest, and rating before going to NetFlix.

Back to the NetFlix content payout issue:
http://www.thesensationofsight.com/the-netflix-dilemma-for-filmmakers.html
"As we all know secrecy is the operable word in this industry, especially when it comes to distribution deals, but as far as I can decipher, the typical deal with Netflix for a distributor involves either selling a certain number of DVDs to the company at a negotiated price with Netflix then mailing the DVDs out to subscribers on demand as many times as the disc will withstand and/or an annual licensing fee paid by Netflix for customer streaming of a film based on a formula that involves the number of customers who have that film already in their queue. More recently a growing number of distributors are insisting that the streaming deal be based on the actual number of times a film is streamed as opposed to a one-time annual licensing fee."

From another forum, anecdotal evidence:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/index.php/t-274556.html?
"djkarn105, 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I recently talked with a director who's film got onto Netflix. Initially they were self distributing and Netflix offered them something like 5K for 1 year of streaming. After they started getting more festival buzz and got picked up by a distributor who then did a group deal with Netflix his cut for 1 year went up to like 15K. In the end it's always a case by case negotiation where the more percieved demand there is for the film the higher price you can command at the bargaining table."

(Hi, Kholi!)

And I guess I want finish this lengthy post (and give the subject a rest) with the following:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-netflix-hurting-indie-movies-174339
"Indie film firm Gravitas Ventures has licensed 300 movies to Netflix. And its founder Nolan Gallagher said Netflix is only one part of a successful distribution strategy. "I would say Netflix is a friend to the indie filmmaker," Gallagher told CNET. "But you can't think of just Netflix. Along with them, you have to work with other important outlets, such as Comcast, iTunes and Time Warner Cable.""

From the looks of it, go everywhere FIRST, go to NetFlix LAST.

I think next I'll investigate the NetFLix-iTunes relationship.

Links to distribution info not directly or exclusively related to NetFlix but I don't want to forget:
http://independentfilmblog.com/archives/micro-budget-case-study-wake-the-witch/
http://www.filmthreat.com/features/36567/
http://www.pbs.org/pov/blog/2011/09/dynamo-distrify-distribber-digital-delivery-direct-distribution/
http://www.hulu.com/partners
http://filmcourage.com/content/distribber-ceo-adam-chapnick-film-courage-ep-107
http://www.thefilmcollaborative.org...-and-distributors-to-get-your-film-on-itunes/
http://www.thefilmcollaborative.org/blog/
http://boxofficequant.com/

Last edited:
VOD Distribution Through iTunes

Working sporadically on a junky 'puter this weekend, so anticipate this post to be updated at odd and non-sensical times.
I just wanted to throw down this stuff as I ran across it.

Just in case you thought the major studios were pulling in big revenue from VOD - they ain't (or weren't), which explains any paltry bone VOD distributors would throw your way for your indie content.
December 9, 2008: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10119509-93.html
"One recent study found that movie downloads make up only 0.06 percent of studio revenue, said Jan Saxton, an analyst with Adams Media Research. She said her firm estimates that the return is a little higher but is still tiny."
Likely gross revenue, but even at 1% that's a surprisingly small number. Note it's a three+ year old article, and it would be nice to see semi-curent numbers just to plot growth.
(Yeah, I know it wasn't directly iTunes distribution related, but it's good to know.)

Nice article. You should read the WHOLE thing:
April 3, 2012: http://www.lightsfilmschool.com/blog/how-to-get-your-indie-film-onto-itunes-netflix/1817/
  • "iTunes splits sales 70/30. With 70% going to the filmmaker and 30% going to iTunes. For example, when iTunes sells a films for $9.99. $7 of that goes to the filmmaker. With the new aggregator model, the filmmaker will generally see 100% of that $7. With the old aggregator model, the filmmaker would probably see around $3.50 of the $7.
  • Hulu streams films for free but 50% of the advertising revenue goes to the filmmaker.
  • Amazon VOD pays the filmmaker 50% of what they collect.
  • Netflix purchases a licence for your film for 1 or 2 years and they can play your film as many times as they like during that period of time. Licensing fees vary on a film by film basis."
"We would now like to recommend two companies that can help get your film or documentary into these retail platforms. These companies charge an upfront fee but 100% of the money the filmmaker makes goes to the filmmaker.

Distribber: Upfront cost: $1295 (SD) $1595 (HD). Distribber was purchased by indiegogo and is one of the most popular aggregators for filmmakers.

TuneCore: Upfront cost: $999 (SD) $1249 (HD). TuneCore started off helping musicians get access to larger retail platforms but has now branched out to help filmmakers as well.

Spend some time and research these companies to see which one might be right for you. There are differences between them. For example, TuneCore seems to have access to more regional iTunes stores while Distribber has access to US and Canada only. However, Distribber has access to more retail platforms than TuneCore does. So spend some time and research the differences and see which one is a better choice for you and your project."

Here's another 3 year old article, it's slightly less than authoritative, and they suggest going to NetFlix BEFORE submitting to iTunes, but from what I know of NetFlix's current system I don't think that's teh best possible current strategy.
I dunno.
There's still some decent other information in it.
Dec 16, 2009: http://voices.yahoo.com/how-indie-film-listed-5092201.html
"In some cases using CreateSpace and Amazon.com may be the best thing for you if money and resources are scarce. The caveat here is that you must work to drive traffic to your site (or to Amazon) to make the sale. iTunes already has an eager audience.

But consider this no/low-cost option:
  • Setup an account of CreateSpace/Amazon
  • Choose the DVD-on-demand,Video-on-demand and rental options
  • Setup a free blog on Blogger, Wordpress, Typepad, HubPages, etc.
  • Contact a content aggregator and offer to send a DVD.
  • Blog like crazy, then cut and paste your posts (about your film) to each of these free blogs.
  • Offer something interesting or different to people who want info about your film. For instance, offer a free download of a production still slideshow with director commentary, or a free download of one of your short films.
  • Capture the names and email addresses of everyone who visits your site.
  • On your blog, sell your film! Pitch it, sell it. Use your Amazon Associate account to link to your film. If someone purchases your film via your Amazon Associates link you get paid from Amazon.com twice. Once as producer of the film and once as an affiliate.
  • Spend some time responding to the blogs of other filmmakers and/or film review sites.
  • Once you've established yourself on these sites, offer to send a free DVD of your film "just in case they are interested." Those who like your film will respond. Then ask them for a review, blurb or quote. One of my mentors, Tony Comstock, told me he regularly incorporates the giveaway of 50 DVD in his distribution budget - then he forgets about them. He doesn't hound the recipients, he just shows them his work.
  • Use Google Alerts to scan the Internet for mentions about you or your film. This way you won't miss any publicity mentions.
When you're all done and the process is as close to autopilot as possible, go make your next film."

>> That 2nd opening sentence still holds very much true.
Whatever distributor service may take their cut in Lord only knows what fashion and may (or likely may not) market your film in likewise Lord only knows what fashion.
Pretty much expect any and all attention to your indie feature will be EXCLUSIVELY due to your effort. Or lack of effort.

I like the idea of setting up google alerts to monitor publicity opportunities to cluck about! Nice!

Regarding that last uplifting sentence there I'm suggesting producing a single film at a time is becoming an antiquated way of doing indie film business.
When considering the breadth and depth of online film piracy we/you gotta think in chains: The last film promotes this film which promotes the next film.
Indie filmmakers need to start thinking "tent-pole franchises".
No more "series of one-offs."

Ah! This is not only encouraging - but also recent!
No-Budget Indie Film Has Grossed $200K in iTunes Sales
Jul 22, 2011: http://www.neatorama.com/2011/07/22/no-budget-indie-film-has-grossed-200k-in-itunes-sales/
Curious way to construct a teaser article headline. Hmmph. Here's the "real" article.
http://gizmodo.com/5823692/no-budget-indie-film-has-grossed-200k-in-itunes-sales
And http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/for-lovers-only/id445141929
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648201/
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Lovers_Only_(film)
Is that so. "The film was classified as an experimental film by the Screen Actors Guild, which meant the Polish brothers did not have to pay Katic, who used her own wardrobe."
Follow the wiki citation links for more good intel.

More homework for later:
http://www.reelseo.com/video/marketing/

Last edited:
From the iTunes Horse's Webpage

Movie Signup FAQs
http://www.apple.com/itunes/content-providers/movie-faq.html

iTunes Movie Aggregators
https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa/wa/displayAggregators?ccTypeId=7

Unrelated article:
VOD Rides to the Rescue of Indie Film
Nov 28, 2011 4pgs http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/vod-rescue-how-one-format-saving-indie-film-33085?page=0,0

http://www.webcrawler.com/search/web?fcoid=417&fcop=topnav&fpid=27&q=VOD+indie+film+distribution&ql=

More homework:

Edward Burns, Director of Newlyweds, on the Changing Face of Indie Film Distribution
Dec 26, 2011: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...changing-face-of-indie-film-distribution.html

Last edited:
QR Codes +/or Story Web Page = 2° Separation From Your Production Co. Website

Whoops! Wrong thread!

Right thread. ---> http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=260904#post260904

Since my witiful mockery was lost on another thread please allow me to recycle it here.

20120410ScarlettAvengers.png

Trailer #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D6BPRaUwAc

Trailer #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY9DnBNJFTI

DIY Trailer #2 :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4CW6jzVuRs

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back