Violent or Not

Well, the violence certainly is surreal and over the top.... but you must have been watching a different cut of Kill Bill I than I, if the only "red" blood you see is after the scalping.

They must have had fire hoses attached to half the stunt people in the big fight previous to that... fire hoses attached to high-pressure fake blood that was squirting halfway across the restaurant.

LOL... actually, I did completely forget about that bit... but I suppose that there again the blood is so overdone it hardly seems to be "real" blood... with that in mind, the only "real" blood we see is at the end. Am I right?

I thought that QT actually filmed the black and white shots in colour, and then changed it to black and white in post in order to keep those shots in the movie (as opposed to being cut out for rating reasons)- not for any artistic effect or anything.
I heard that in the Japanese version of Kill Bill, the B&W shots are in colour, does anyone know if this is true ?

hypocrisy is the most destructive thing in the entire world.

Actually, ignorance and intolerance are most destuctive things in the world. People very rarely commit atrocities based on hypocrisy, but they do every day based on ignorance and intolerance.

In fact, the idea that hypocrisy is the greatest of all sins is an post-Platonic idea, prior to that, the ability to take a flexible moral stance and understand/tolerate one's own human fraility was considered one of the higest virtues.

Having said that, my only hypocrisy was in taking a moral stance over QT's films, when all I really needed to say was "I don't like them."

Tolerance is a strange subject.
Wasnt it some great political leader that once said ;

''The only thing I cant tolerate is intolerance''

(Thus contradicting himself)

Did anybody here ever see that episode of South Park where the kids are sent to a 'concentration camp'-like ''Tolerance Camp'' ?
They are treated like they are pure evil just because they pick on their friends (for being fat, thin, black, stupid, clever), as boys do.

Zensteve said:
Dunno... I read that it changed to B/W as a nod to the old B/W Erol Flynn swashbuckling-type movies. :shock:

Yea, it was a "tribute" i guess to all the old black and white kung fu movies he watched. Same with the opening thing, shaw-scope or something similar, done like the old kung fu movies. Get the DVD has a lot of interesting on it :)

as for how its done, i dont see why it wouldnt be done in post? like how it went RIGHT to B&W when she used the Pai Mei eye-ripout move, then went abck to color when she blinked. The blink i can see switching to color film, but not the pai mei move.

Back