Top Posters

So I was bored today and was looking through the top posters on IndieTalk. Was amazed that ZenSteve came in 1000 more posts than the next person.

What amazed me more is I've only done 111 posts and only been on here since the start of the year and I'm on page 10 of 600 users!! That places me around 300th of 18k accounts? There must be a lot of people out there on this who have made just one or two posts and never come back.

Anyway that's my observation of the day :woohoo:

So I was bored today and was looking through the top posters on IndieTalk. Was amazed that ZenSteve came in 1000 more posts than the next person.
That's because Steve's really nice and welcomes most everybody. :yes::yes:

There must be a lot of people out there on this who have made just one or two posts and never come back.
Popcorn posters.
Usually they're asking for something.
Rarely do they sit around and contribute much.
Occasionally it's some $%&*# with two accounts to self gratify their work or ill conceived promotion. :lol:

I just don't know when to shut up, is all. :blush:

Besides, everyone deserves to hear my opinions.
smiley_colbert.gif

Lots of great peeps on this forum, too. :yes:

There must be a lot of people out there on this who have made just one or two posts and never come back.

Most of them are "Watch my film! Vote for it so I can win a contest!"; what I think of as hit-and-run promotion.

Or they are lurkers who want a simple answer to a complicated problem and become disillusioned when there is none.

I wonder how many people would be classified as regulars, setting aside post-count, and just going from daily vieing & casual chat activity?

CF, I got money riding on H44. If anyone can have a sudden explosion of posts, it's that dude.

maybe zensteve should have his own "ask steve" section on the site. Then when cracker funk overtakes him, he can take it over and it can be called "ask a cracker"

Wow, never looked at the numbers before, really interesting when you break them down:

17,000 members with only one post!

3,500 greater than 5 posts
2,000 > 10
650 > 50
300 > 100
80 > 500 (I'm getting there!)
50 > 1000
20 > 2500
6 > 5000
0 > Zensteve

Back