Tinalera's April Fool's Freaky Funk Fantastic Film Fest

In case you missed this thread --

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=28107

A little online film festival is in the works, and all are welcome to join.

You've probably got a project that's been delayed. Haven't found the time or motivation or whatever is needed to get it done? Well, that's what this festival is all about. You've got until April 1st to tackle that long-overdue project.

It doesn't matter what it is. Short, long, narrative, doc. Completely finished is best, but nobody's gonna turn you away if you've only got a rough cut.

All are welcome. You don't have to commit to making a submission, you can just surprise us on April 1st. However, I personally like having a deadline, and I think a little peer-pressure will only help you finally do something with that delayed project. So, if you want that deadline, make the commitment to your Indietalk brethren to show something in the festival. You've got more than two months to finish it, so excuses are not allowed.

If you so please, you might also share details of what you plan to share.

I'll be sharing a short documentary on monkeys (macaques, to be specific). My footage is quite old, so I'm worried it's been corrupted, but if it's still in okay shape, I'm ready to rock.

In case you missed this thread --

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=28107

A little online film festival is in the works, and all are welcome to join.

You've probably got a project that's been delayed. Haven't found the time or motivation or whatever is needed to get it done? Well, that's what this festival is all about. You've got until April 1st to tackle that long-overdue project.

It doesn't matter what it is. Short, long, narrative, doc. Completely finished is best, but nobody's gonna turn you away if you've only got a rough cut.

All are welcome. You don't have to commit to making a submission, you can just surprise us on April 1st. However, I personally like having a deadline, and I think a little peer-pressure will only help you finally do something with that delayed project. So, if you want that deadline, make the commitment to your Indietalk brethren to show something in the festival. You've got more than two months to finish it, so excuses are not allowed.

If you so please, you might also share details of what you plan to share.

I'll be sharing a short documentary on monkeys (macaques, to be specific). My footage is quite old, so I'm worried it's been corrupted, but if it's still in okay shape, I'm ready to rock.

Very Nice! :D Wow, my name on a Film Fest? :D I'm honored! Nice to see you throw your name in too CF!

I will be showing the "official" second film in my masked "Sonja" trilogy called "Making Faces" ("Face Value" was the first. "Delivery Day" I don't quite count because it evolved into Face Value, though I remake it one day to "complete" the trilogy-I've got an idea of where to go with it.)

And while this film will be dialogueless again, I AM going to have a music soundtrack(oh the suspense!) :)

Thanks for creating the thread CF!

On April 1st you all shall be privileged enough to see my sister's wedding video. I've been putting that off for way too long. God but where to start!

I've also got an end-of-the-month deadline for a slight re-cut of one of my shorts. There's a couple fests I want to get it submitted to/worthy of.

Thanks for the kick in the butt. :)

Well, Dready, it all started because I posted not getting motivation to edit. :lol:

Glad the idea could help you out! it's helped me out with a swift kick in the butt as well :D

I should have my new Demo Reel done soon, so I'll probably be adding that to the mix - haven't started it yet though.

Sounds great fun... im in (: My entry may be a day late tho, as im travelling back from prague on april 1st...

Well, we're not paying you 50 grand in appearance fees (sorry, my buffet tab ate it up), so I don't think it will be a problem ;)

Just looking at the acronym:

The TAFFFFFF :D Awesome!

Last edited:
Dam, i love lots of money :D Lucky its pay day tommrow, im just one of those guys who likes to try get everything done on time... :D

I am open to the paying of 50grand... :D

Crazings, will you take an EXTREMELY post dated check? ;)

Just wanted all to know I've been hard at work on the short. Haven't been around much lately I know, had to take care of some housekeeping.

Looking forward April 1st already :D

I could possibly have something ready as well....

So screening is on April 1. When should we have things uploaded? Or is that nit-picky?

-- spinner :cool:

I could possibly have something ready as well....

So screening is on April 1. When should we have things uploaded? Or is that nit-picky?

-- spinner :cool:

That's not Nit-Picky I don't think ;) Provided it's ready to go and present on April 1, I think that's the main thing.

Sorry I took so long to get back-been busy (story of my life!) lol.

Thought I would give this a bump to let all know I have NOT dropped off the face of the earth :)

Just been a rather hectic little bit (but I AM getting Making Faces edited and *bonus* there will be a music soundtrack-ooo the suspense! ;))

Hope all are doing well, you should be seeing my masked face around here again soon ;)

Just over a month to go till the TAFFFFFF.....I'm getting excited!

We could well see the premiere of my first short film (and past 7 months hard work) i should have the final cut done by them.

That's great to hear from both of you Nathan and Nick (that sounds like a Sitcom ;))! The more the merrier!

I'm trying to be more visible again on these boards-been busy the past while, but I never forget this place :)

Back