Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Going Viral

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Well, guys, I guess an apology is due all of you. Now that I have
read your explanations I see I jumped the gun. I didn’t mean
to put anyone in the place of having to defend the ideas or to
comment on ideas that weren’t ready.

I’ve voted for ‘Survivors’, as I think this would be the easiest to do, and the best suited to this kind of set up (different stories, different writers, directors, editors, etc.). I’m no big zombie fan, there’s far too many of them now, and it seems almost stereotypical for indie filmmakers to go out and make a zombie movie. But, of all the ideas, I think this is best suited for this project.

I'm not apposed to a "Zombie" movie, but it would never be my first choice. There's too much need for extremity from most Indies, especially when starting out.

I'm really enjoying how varied the Poll has become. It's close. I assume everybody who has voted has intentions to participate?

I'd love to participate, but being such a newbie (as in 'never having shot anything'), I think it'd be for the best if I pass this one up.

I did vote for the zombie idea though, for the reasons mentioned above.

I'd love to participate, but being such a newbie (as in 'never having shot anything'), I think it'd be for the best if I pass this one up.

I did vote for the zombie idea though, for the reasons mentioned above.

Not a problem. But having not shot anything is no reason not to participate, this is why the community thread was started, to encourage us all to get filming.

If you don't participate this month, i hope to see you next month, Hatter. :)

are we confusing the "Monthly IT Challenge" with this the "IT Community Film project?" I assumed that such a large undertaking as we're talking about here would be months in the making.

Sorry, i havent had the time to read the other thread yet so i dont know if everyone has decided this yet but is there a deadline to sign up for the ideas in this thread? And am i correct in saying that this is the film project?

Sorry, i havent had the time to read the other thread yet so i dont know if everyone has decided this yet but is there a deadline to sign up for the ideas in this thread? And am i correct in saying that this is the film project?

Correctemundo, my good man. And as for a deadline, I think a unanimous decision will likely arise of its own accord, probably with a push.

Voting turn out is pretty good. Are we really expecting more than a dozen or so folks to be involved at this stage?

I know as we solidify the log line choice a few will revolt and hate what ever is picked, but a few more will jump in as solid direction increases.

I move that we just go forward, get your votes in by some deadline on NickClappers time (hes the producer) and go to the next stage. Which I think is to tighten up (yet still lose) story concept, which should just take a few days. By the end of this week, we could be into writing the over plot and interconnects. Can I get an amen?

Voting turn out is pretty good. Are we really expecting more than a dozen or so folks to be involved at this stage?

I know as we solidify the log line choice a few will revolt and hate what ever is picked, but a few more will jump in as solid direction increases.

I move that we just go forward, get your votes in by some deadline on NickClappers time (hes the producer) and go to the next stage. Which I think is to tighten up (yet still lose) story concept, which should just take a few days. By the end of this week, we could be into writing the over plot and interconnects. Can I get an amen?

Amen.

Amen... wait, what?

Nah, I'm kidding, that makes sense. But I don't think the vote should be the end of the discussion. As was said right at the beginning: design by committee won't work. What this poll will do is indicate which idea is the strongest and then if the most vocal contributors all come to some loose concensus we'll push on.

I'm happy to give another few days for people to vote on the poll but I would also urge people to comment and say what they think. I apologise to directorik for getting defensive, that's exactly the sort of feedback and criticism I wanted when I made this thread.

As for PTP's confusion over the timing, the thing with projects like this is that there's a lot of talk and then nothing gets made. I am determined that we should be the group of people to get one of these projects made. Once the first one is made any future projects would be infinitely easier to do. Part of what we're doing is proving that this is feasible, for future generations...

I think "starting soon" overrides all other considerations.

At the risk of stating a self fulfilling prophesy, I worry that without immediate progression, we will end up with a very well planed idea that does NOT get executed.

I think that we must trust the remote units to do the hard work. The committee needs only write the story outline, define the commonalities in look and feel, define the IN and OUT points for remote submission and assign a writer to OWN the connecting screenplay with stubs for the remote parts. Most of this is already done and just needs to be formalized.

After the big choices are made, we can still continue to discuss, but so long as we DON'T reverse any big choices the remote units can start working on their productions.

At the risk of stating a self fulfilling prophesy, I worry that without immediate progression, we will end up with a very well planed idea that does NOT get executed.

I think that we must trust the remote units to do the hard work. The committee needs only write the story outline, define the commonalities in look and feel, define the IN and OUT points for remote submission and assign a writer to OWN the connecting screenplay with stubs for the remote parts. Most of this is already done and just needs to be formalized.

After the big choices are made, we can still continue to discuss, but so long as we DON'T reverse any big choices the remote units can start working on their productions.

I strongly agree.

Ok, I'm more than willing to press on.

At the moment The Organ Lottery is top of the poll and probably has the best all round support from the people who have regularly contributed to this discussion? Does anyone strongly object to us saying that that's the idea that we're going to go ahead and develop?

Back