• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Clapper Bored- New/Improved!

Looks great! I especially love the alternate posters.

Thanks! :)

One or two or three of you might've already caught a glance at the Media Pack but for anyone else who's interested I just uploaded the PDF to our server so that any of you can take a look.

http://theclapperbored.com/TCBMediaPack.pdf

I'm always keen to hear people's thoughts and/or impressions. Also any recommendations would be good because it's not too late to add stuff! :)

Ok, one thing I noticed when I shared the link. Based on the thumbnail options and the fact that the text which pops up is the beginning of your PotA review, it looks more like I'm sharing a link to a review and not a film website.

Not sure how you would correct that, but I think it would be better if the logo could be the thumb and the if the text was your catchphrase or something?

@IndieT and Dready: Thanks a lot for the kind words! Can't take much credit for the design but I've enjoyed the process ;)

@Dready: Thank you so much for posting that link! Your page has *cough* quite a few members :D I'll speak to my Technical Director and see if we can correct that, it bugs me too. It's always bugged me that whenever I post a new review rather than the logo appearing at the side it came up with this weird little Facebook box... bah! I'll see what I can do ;)

Thanks again :)

Very nice! I like it, and I hope the development goes exactly where you want it.

When you've got enough reviews, would I be correct to assume that you'll join rottentomatoes? Also, why aren't you watching early screenings? I have a feeling you'd qualify for press pass.

Very nice! I like it, and I hope the development goes exactly where you want it.

When you've got enough reviews, would I be correct to assume that you'll join rottentomatoes? Also, why aren't you watching early screenings? I have a feeling you'd qualify for press pass.

Thanks! :)

It'll take a while to get on to Rotten Tomatoes, they have pretty strict qualification terms...

I do go to a fair few previous screenings and press screenings, but what you have to bear in mind is that whilst I want to have an international audience for the site it is still currently being coordinated in accordance to UK release dates. So over here Planet of the Apes only came out on Friday, Cowboys and Aliens is coming out next weekend...etc. A lot, if not most, of our reviews are published before the film is on widespread release.

I hope everyone caught a glimpse of Bernie Lawson who may or may not've used to work at Flicker Pictures on TCB.

If not here he is: http://www.theclapperbored.com/2011/08/15/bernie-lawson/ and there's plenty more on YouTube!

Also if it isn't too much trouble it'd be amazing for people to leave some comments as it makes me look good and popular and makes me smile and makes other people smile and stop laughing :yes:

tcb-promo-web2.png

:lol: Great work Jeff... I mean Bernie, great work Bernie ;)

Y'all might be interested to read the first entry in the 'Dissecting Directors' series by our very own Ernest Worthing! In this article he gives the work of David Lynch a very thorough going over!

Dissecting Directors: Lynch

It's a great article so please read, share, comment, debate...etc. It also has a pretty beautiful illustration :)

Quick SOS call:

If anyone has seen Cowboys and Aliens and would be willing to write a 300 odd word review of the film, as soon as possible, that'd be amazing!

I skipped my preview of it because I had an tummy ache and now it's glaringly absent from our reviews!

Quick SOS call:

If anyone has seen Cowboys and Aliens and would be willing to write a 300 odd word review of the film, as soon as possible, that'd be amazing!

I skipped my preview of it because I had an tummy ache and now it's glaringly absent from our reviews!

If nobody answers sooner, I can type one when I get home from work tomorrow.

Back