SEEKING COMPLETED FEATURE FILMS TO BUY

ATTENTION FILMMAKERS with completed films ready for sale: We have direct access to a buyer who is currently, aggressively seeking HORROR, FAMILY-FRIENDLY, ANIMATION (also family-friendly), and ACTION films. Of those 4 genres, the ONLY genre that requires 'name' 'recognizable' actors is ACTION. For ACTION there must be a 'name' in the film. It can be someone who was a 'name' even decades ago, as long as they were once a 'name,' e.g. Lorenzo Lamas, Gary Busey, etc. (Obviously the bigger the 'name/star' the better though.) ALL OTHER genres other than ACTION can have a cast of unheard of rank and file working actors... not a problem as long as the production value is decent and the script, acting, direction and so forth are also decent. IF you have something that fits or know someone who does, contact me here. PLEASE INCLUDE CELL PHONE CONTACT AND/OR DIRECT EMAIL ADDRESS, INCLUDE IN YOUR MESSAGE: GENRE OF FILM, ANY NOTABLE NAMES ATTACHED (CREW or TALENT), THE BUDGET YOU MADE THE FILM ON, AND IF POSSIBLE PLEASE...A LINK TO THE TRAILER OR A CLIP AT LEAST! We will contact you if it sounds like a good fit (and more than likely it WILL BE.)

The buyer is a company that everyone has heard of, NOT a small timer at all. The buyer is seeking to buy immediately!

I really don't like horror films..

Cabin in the woods, evil dead 2, wait until dark, ticked off trannies with knives.. these are the only horror moves I don't dislike

I am planning a superhero action comedy but apparently action films need a name to sell? go figure.

Film Sales

Hello Folks,

There is something called "confidentiality" that precludes me from broadcasting the name of the buyer in a public forum on the internet. This is standard business protocol. The company, however, consistently pulls in several hundred million in sales annually. This is real. I am a filmmaker myself. This is an excellent opportunity for an indie filmmaker who has struggled for a long while seeking distribution but finding no one willing to pick them up. I know this is a common problem as I deal directly with filmmakers who have been dealing with that frustration for years and dealing with the disappointment from family and friends who invested in their film hoping to eventually get their money back. We know many distributors and most really aren't interested in films that don't have a star in them. This is an opportunity for the indie folks who have made a good film with actors they know and respect (who may not be known and are certainly not household names) to get their film sold, and seen by many.

You mention wanting to "buy" the films, which seems to mean that you want the filmmaker(s) to completely surrender all rights to their work; I don't think that there will be many willing to do that.

And as for "confidentiality" it sounds like you want to buy up a whole bunch of films for cheap, turn them into a catalog and then sell the catalog to your "confidential" client for a profit. You have not posted a link for yourself, which prevents research into your business and your track record.

If I'm wrong, I apologize, but my BS radar is twitching.

Hello Folks,

There is something called "confidentiality" that precludes me from broadcasting the name of the buyer in a public forum on the internet. This is standard business protocol. .

I highly doubt that it would hurt this massive company to simply say its name. So a few indie filmmakers learn that this movie distribution company sometimes buys movies.... is that supposed to be a secret?

Why should someone trust a person who provides no identification for themselves, no links to their work history or their company's catalog of properties, and all-around just acts really suspicious?

http://voices.yahoo.com/beware-independent-film-distribution-scams-195564.html?cat=31

my BS radar is twitching.

Common sense mandates the BS radar to twitch violently at stuff like this

This is an excellent opportunity for an indie filmmaker who has struggled for a long while seeking distribution

We know many distributors and most really aren't interested in films that don't have a star in them.

These statements raise more concern.... you request specifically films that have a star, then say you would like to help those struggling for distribution. Why would someone who has a star in their film need to go through you?

Sales

If anyone here is actually a filmmaker we will look at your trailers. How we choose to do business is up to us. I've never seen a filmmaker who wasn't proud to show his/her trailer. No one is asking for your films, your private information, etc. Paranoia is counterproductive. Selling a film and paying back your investors finally IS productive. And Mussoman... you need to read a little more thoroughly my friend. I said the buyer requires a 'name/star' ONLY for action. OF COURSE if a film has a big star they don't need to do a direct to DVD buyer deal and they certainly don't need us. Looking for new films we often post on sites like this one, and we always post anonymously and then talk directly to the people who actually respond as the ads request. Every time we post, there are always people who make comments such as some of the ones above. Trust me, we're immune to it. We are here to do business that is productive and helpful for everyone. If you look for positivity you will find it, if you spend your time looking for negativity then that's probably keeping you from finding good opportunities like this one.

Still waiting for filmmakers. I already have 1 horror film, 1 thriller, and 1 comedy in consideration phase now. The horror is probably going to be made an offer, as will the thriller. Both of those producer/writer/directors are literally ecstatic at the possibility of selling their film after years of begging distributors to pick them up.

If you want to know all about it, submit a youtube link to your great film trailer. We'll contact you and talk. It's really not rocket science, and we're really not the big bad wolf simply because we keep a low profile. Also, the boogeyman isn't under your bed, there is no Bigfoot, and no one is out to get'cha. :D

Thanks

If anyone here is actually a filmmaker we will look at your trailers. How we choose to do business is up to us.

You are using the term "filmmaker" as it is understood by the industry! There are some IndieTalk members who work in the industry but most are amateurs with little idea of how business in general and the movie business in particular operates. To pay due respect, some/many of the amateurs here do have some talent, or at least have some talent in certain filmmaking areas but generally they are working with little or no budget and approach filmmaking as a hobby (albeit a serious hobby), as a labour of love and achievement rather than as a commercial enterprise. This approach, plus the extreme budget constraints, causes problems for those who upon completion of their film then attempt to make some commercial gain from it.

Due to this approach and the massively growing number of filmmakers who fall into this category, there are an increasing number of people/distribution businesses willing to take advantage or even outright scam them. So it's not entirely true to say they are being paranoid or that a healthy dose of scepticism is counter-productive.

These statements raise more concern.... you request specifically films that have a star, then say you would like to help those struggling for distribution. Why would someone who has a star in their film need to go through you?

Spielberg's "Lincoln" with Daniel Day-Lewis and a host of other "A" and "B" list stars struggled initially to find distribution. So even one of the most bankable directors in the history of film plus "A list" stars does not automatically guarantee distribution, let alone an unknown director with just a "C" or "D" list star the OP is referring to! There are countless films made every year with "B", "C" and "D" list stars which go straight to DVD/VOD and never get commercial distribution. So why do the OP's requests raise concern?

oh man.... dat BS radar..... IT'S OFF THE CHARTS!!!
BS meter is pegged.

For heaven's sake, Why? In my experience of the industry, distributors, film/TV execs and even commercial filmmakers themselves are all incredibly secretive, particularly about many business aspects of the industry. The OP has said nothing whatsoever out of character compared to pretty much all of the commercial distributors I've ever met or worked with in my 20 years in the industry. In other words, if your BS meter is pegged, you need to seriously re-calibrate your BS meter because it will be "pegged" for virtually every serious commercial distributor! Based on prior experience of your posts I fully expect a smart-alec response and for you to ignore this advice, which of course is your prerogative, but you will severely hamper your chances of ever getting commercial distribution, even if you make a film with enough commercial appeal.

Like it or not, the film industry, like most other commercial industries, is a buyer's market. Executive Production like most other distributors/agents is not only entitled to demand certain content and insist on a level of confidentiality but within the industry it is actually expected to do so!!! In other words, what the OP has posted demonstrates more understanding and actual experience of the industry than most of the other postings I've seen on IT from newbie distributors/agents. And for some bizarre reason, this is "pegging" your BS meters!? If you have any interest in entering the commercial filmmaking world, then you're going to have to gain some actual understanding of the commercial film world, not just rely on assumption. If you don't have any interest in professional/commercial filmmaking then this thread is not for you, stick to amateur filmmaking and butt out! Unless you've got any actual evidence the OP is scamming, all you are doing is making yourself look ignorant, petty and jealous by alienating a potential avenue for those who are serious about getting into the industry.

None of what I've written above is any guarantee of course that the OP is legit, all I'm pointing out is that everything the OP has said so far is entirely in-line with what a legit distributor/agent would say.

G

Last edited:
If the OP is not willing to post their website or company history then I would 100% avoid them at present.

If you're legit, post your website, company history etc.

I know far too many film makers who have been scammed - sometimes out of thousands...

Last edited:
He dodged every question I asked him too. Then shrugged off my suspicion as "silly" saying there's no bigfoot and "no one's out to getcha."

No, but people are out to scam others. He may as well have begun by saying he is a Nigerian Prince that quickly needs to move some money out of Africa

If you want to know all about it, submit a youtube link to your great film trailer. We'll contact you and talk. It's really not rocket science, and we're really not the big bad wolf simply because we keep a low profile. Also, the boogeyman isn't under your bed, there is no Bigfoot, and no one is out to get'cha. :D

Thanks

Oh no, you just killed the suspence of the horrormovies ;)

To anyone who's afraid it's a scam.
They say they want to buy, so when they start asking money from you, run away :P
Otherwise: look what they have to say...

If only the OP would motivate the secretness better, it would maybe calm a few people down.

At the moment it's Schrödinger's Cat: the box is closed and the cat is both dead and alive... :P

For heaven's sake, Why? In my experience of the industry, distributors, film/TV execs and even commercial filmmakers themselves are all incredibly secretive, particularly about many business aspects of the industry. The OP has said nothing whatsoever out of character compared to pretty much all of the commercial distributors I've ever met or worked with in my 20 years in the industry. In other words, if your BS meter is pegged, you need to seriously re-calibrate your BS meter because it will be "pegged" for virtually every serious commercial distributor! Based on prior experience of your posts I fully expect a smart-alec response and for you to ignore this advice, which of course is your prerogative, but you will severely hamper your chances of ever getting commercial distribution, even if you make a film with enough commercial appeal.

Like it or not, the film industry, like most other commercial industries, is a buyer's market. Executive Production like most other distributors/agents is not only entitled to demand certain content and insist on a level of confidentiality but within the industry it is actually expected to do so!!! In other words, what the OP has posted demonstrates more understanding and actual experience of the industry than most of the other postings I've seen on IT from newbie distributors/agents. And for some bizarre reason, this is "pegging" your BS meters!? If you have any interest in entering the commercial filmmaking world, then you're going to have to gain some actual understanding of the commercial film world, not just rely on assumption. If you don't have any interest in professional/commercial filmmaking then this thread is not for you, stick to amateur filmmaking and butt out! Unless you've got any actual evidence the OP is scamming, all you are doing is making yourself look ignorant, petty and jealous by alienating a potential avenue for those who are serious about getting into the industry.

None of what I've written above is any guarantee of course that the OP is legit, all I'm pointing out is that everything the OP has said so far is entirely in-line with what a legit distributor/agent would say.

G

Because, here at Indietalk, we are bitter people, who, are upset that we haven't "made it" yet in the industry, so anytime someone posts anything here we use our "smarts" (or lack thereof more like) to "outwit" and "make a fool of" other members. It's in every thread. Someone clearly butthurt wants to attack the OP. This is the most butthurt forum on the net I'd imagine. The members at Indietalk all just need to step outside sometimes and get a little fresh air. Why be so bitter/butthurt all the time? Life is short. :P

To the OP: I'd love to speak about my horror/slasher feature soon. We'll have it done in a few days or so I'd imagine. Next week at the latest. Would you mind posting your email or some way to get in touch? Or if you don't want to do so in this thread, we can communicate via private message. Speak soon. :)

Back