Secret Santa

Well that was excellent, clean fun Cracker :D

Feel free to point your video in the direction of Festivus rather than Christmas, if that makes you feel festive :)

I think that this Friday (aka 10th December) will be the sorting out day...

Everyone sign up for some light hearted and festive fun and see what other Indietalkers can put together for a festive special!

:cool:

Well this has lost it's proverbial wheels some what...

I know there are stacks of regulars who haven't even bothered coming up with excuses as to why they can't do it! If you've got a spare fifteen minutes between now and Christmas than this is the perfect piece of festive fun for you!

I reckon we need another five people to make this worthwhile.

Papertwinproductions, Bird and Ernest Worthing- We want your names and we want them now!

But most of all, and this is a plea this Yuletide, don't give in to the Grinch within you. Sure, no one enjoys Christmas as much as when they were five and actually believed in Santa, but that's no reason to succumb to Dickensian cliche... For five pounds a month, you can feed a ch........

:D SIGN UP :D (This grin smiley is by no means permanent)

Very timely bump; missed this while out of town. I'm in.
smiley_santa.gif

Goobs and Zen are in, sweet! Six is a good number. Would be fun if a few more join, though. I already know what I'm gonna make, at least the general concept, anyway. It will be fun to make, and should only take an afternoon.

Man, and I have a funny concept in mind for a yuletide short. Problem is, no time to gather the necessary participants let alone shoot and edit the thing. Oh, well. Maybe next year. A little more advanced notice for us busy bodied procrastinators. :)

Which way is it to Whoville?

Although i know the stipulations are few, I'll still have to resist. I'm not one to be a spoil-sport, I love Indietalk, and its folks. Christmas is just something of a double-edged sword for me.

So for now, I'm not on the list. Just send me coal, and plenty of it. It's cold this time of year :)

Papertwin, I understand you completely. The only reason I like Christmas this year is because my job requires me to work (and make good money), thereby distracting me from what would otherwise be a very emotionally painful day. I'm glad that there are a lot of people who feel joy on this day, but they should be aware that there are a lot of people for whom this day is a knife in the heart.

Welcome to Secret Santa Zensteve, gooberman, SinEater and Ernest Worthing!

@goodberman, I think we're going to say that the videos have to be posted by Christmas Eve... you can start whenever...

@VPTurner, Papertwinproductions, barnaclelapse- Don't worry guys, as you say, maybe next year... It would, obviously, have been better to give people some more notice, but I didn't think of it until the start of Advent...

As Zensteve's signature so aptly puts it: ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT TO SIGN UP!

Sorry, didnt know till now.

(On a personal note i, technically, dont celebrate xmas or any other religious holiday on account of being agnostic but i share in the festivities anyway.)

We're in the same boat. I grew up with Christmas (and getting dragged to church) but it wasn't really a CHRISTmas for us, more like SantaTime. We enjoy getting our nog on, mulled wine, the carols, the conviviality of it all...

The top of our tree might give you some indication of our faith. We believe in shiny plastic stars and rubber squids made in China. :lol:

5244313180_46f24bbd9e_s.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7118044@N05/5244313180/

We both grew up Episcopalian (Christian-lite) and practice no organized religion since high school, but I do have faith in the goodness of mankind - and my fellow filmmakers!!

Cheers,

Jeff

Heck yeah Im in! Were Christmas junkies at my house..

Q: More stress?
A: Yup

Q: Likely result in family fight on Christmas eve?
A: uha

Q: Will cost me over $50!
A: Yes

Bring it on!

Back