PROMETHEUS Ridley Scott prequel

I don't know, Steve...... I mean, I just checked Murdock's midichlorian count and it might do him good to cut back on steak dinners. 315 pounds, man? Just messing with you...:lol:

So, Steve

Also pretty terrifying, 'cos if these mystery giant elephant-creatures couldn't handle the escaped aliens, then what hope did a mere human have?

And how do you know that this batch of humans didn't turn the aliens on the Space Jockeys? Oops, don't read the plot that Fox said was not the plot! :rolleyes:

The question I would put to you is, would you like to see another movie about the alien? Or would you like to see something totally different, with some recognizable strands? We've taken right turns all these years, so let's go left this time!

As for the fricken STAR WARS prequels......:crazy::censored::bang: This is Ridley the man Scott we're talking about here! There had better not be some "Jockey Jock Binks" type of character or I'll scream!

I don't know, Steve...... I mean, I just checked Murdock's midichlorian count and it might do him good to cut back on steak dinners. 315 pounds, man? Just messing with you...:lol:

Let's get the facts straight. 312lbs. :yes: I got so many midichlorians, I shit Yodas.:weird::lol:

I stand corrected!

2677333636_d632a2c866.jpg

Last edited:
The way it's been described, it sounds like more of a spin-off, then a true prequel.

Whatever. Can't wait to see it. Love Ridley Scott.

Interesting cast with Lance Henriksen as Bishop?

I do not go to see many movies in a theater, several a year -- none so far this year. Wife and I invested all our 2011 extra $$$$ into a super-home theater. Not bragging, we just are not rich but wanted something special. Pay off - people join us for movies and sports (they bring the beer).

All those 3D extravaganzas this summer? I'll wait till they are out on 3D BluRay. If they are that good -- I'll buy them for watching many times & sharing with others (just keep bringing the beer).

I am a fan of Ridley Scott's Alien & Thelma & Louise. But most of his other work, while entertaining, were not on my list of favorites. Based upon his comments, this might make the short list of must see films next year.

If Prometheus (June 8, 2012 release) is that awesome, I may watch it as many times as I watched Alien, last count 89 times.

Unlike many on IdieTalk, I love 3D (when viewed on a 73 inch in the dark -- sharp image -- active shutter lenses make 3D a must view). I figure at 7.50 per ticket, by spending 24.00 to 31.00 for 3D BluRay -- seeing Prometheus once or twice at the theater and 70 times as home (might save almost a thousand bucks). LOL. Can't wait. Hope it rocks!

Already fifty-five hundred views of this thread and counting. Looks like it's safe to say there's a lot of interest in Prometheus and people are hungry for information about it. Neato. That sort of interest has got to make its creators and investors feel pretty good.

Already fifty-five hundred views of this thread and counting.

Holy shit, that is a lot of views.

That reminds me, I was thinking about "Prometheus" the other day, as I was editing my webpage -- http://www.antihero-movie.com.

I thought to myself, man, Ridley Scott is so awesome. He brings such tension to all of his projects. And as I was looking at my webpage, for my guerilla feature-film, I could only hope that amidst all of the hilarious hijinks of the loveable college-aged goofs in my movie, that we were also able to add just a touch of tension.

Also, since Ridley Scott's movies always have a striking aesthetic, it made me think that I should try my best to make sure that my website has a great number of stills pulled from the movie, to give people a better idea of what the movie will be like, without giving away too much.

Ridley Scott is so awesome, and I can't wait for "Prometheus", almost as much as I can't wait for people to check out the trailer for my debut feature film. "Prometheus", yeah, totally on-topic!

Ridley Scott is so awesome, and I can't wait for "Prometheus", almost as much as I can't wait for people to check out the trailer for my debut feature film. "Prometheus", yeah, totally on-topic!

The whoring has begun... and I'm not above it. :lol: I don't think I'll be off-topic if I say that my sci-fi flicks have monsters and were actually influenced by ALIEN. :yes:

monsteraftervalerie.jpg

tentaclesslime.jpg

Already fifty-five hundred views of this thread and counting. Looks like it's safe to say there's a lot of interest in Prometheus and people are hungry for information about it. Neato. That sort of interest has got to make its creators and investors feel pretty good.

Wow, that's quite a number of views, now that I look at other threads on the board. Yes, it has to be something more than "Yoda in a toilet" pics. I also noticed that this thread is coming up a lot on Google searches for PROMETHEUS.

Noomi Rapace (from the original GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO trilogy) in a nice mock poster:

225419_1834405732938_1024280284_31678422_7555936_n.jpg

Seeing how a lot of people are debating on if its a Prequel or not... I think that simply doesnt matter what we call Prometheus. It will definitely be about the space jockey's origin, and thats what everyone has been asking since 1979. I just hope they leave some misteries unanswered in this new movie as well, but knowing that Damon Lindelof is writing the script, Im not worried about that LOL. Ridley knows what he is doing.
I wonder who is going to make the soundtrack for it! Its very important too. It'll probably be Hans Zimmer. It would also kick major ass if they used snippets of dear late Jerry Golsmith's Alien score, which is just unbelievable!!

Seeing how a lot of people are debating on if its a Prequel or not... I think that simply doesnt matter what we call Prometheus. It will definitely be about the space jockey's origin, and thats what everyone has been asking since 1979. I just hope they leave some misteries unanswered in this new movie as well,...Ridley knows what he is doing.
I wonder who is going to make the soundtrack for it! Its very important too. It'll probably be Hans Zimmer. It would also kick major ass if they used snippets of dear late Jerry Golsmith's Alien score, which is just unbelievable!!

Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPlqEcfyhg&feature=player_embedded
Looks good.

It's not as good as INK, but... maybe juuuust ahead of THE HOBBIT.
Maybe.
A very little.
But still waaaay behind INK.

IMHO

Looks like it's going to be just gorgeous to look at. Looks like what movie lovin' geekdom is all about. I do like how they did the title as a throwback to how they did the original Alien. However, I think I'd really rather wipe it away so I could take in the trailer more better. It's like an annoying watermark, or something.

This don't look bad either, but then... neither did its predecessor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs7fzOrUopc&feature=relmfu

Yeah. Are they stealing The God of War's thunder?

Last edited:
...I think I'd really rather wipe it away so I could take in the trailer more better. It's like an annoying watermark...

I know exactly what you mean. I was watching it trying to figure out what the two marks to the right of the screen were. Turns out they were the top and bottom of the 'S'. :hmm:

Anyhow, this does look incredible. Did anybody read the synopsis that was leaked? It really put me off the idea of the film. But the more I see and hear... I can't wait.

I know exactly what you mean. I was watching it trying to figure out what the two marks to the right of the screen were. Turns out they were the top and bottom of the 'S'. :hmm:

Glad it's not just me. =)

Anyhow, this does look incredible. Did anybody read the synopsis that was leaked? It really put me off the idea of the film. But the more I see and hear... I can't wait.

Ohhhh, I googled it because you mentioned it, but...I see the spoiler alerts and I'm not too sure I want that at this point. Is it Chariots of the Gods stuff? Yeah, haven't been to thrilled about that premise either, if that's it.

Back