• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Prepare to be jealous.

You guys don't know what your talking about. The audio is deadly end of story and you guys need to watch some real movies for once, geez! And it's not a fake movie, why do people keep saying tthat, the whole movie is done, it's in post prouction right now, you'll see, you'll all see!

You guys don't know what your talking about. The audio is deadly end of story and you guys need to watch some real movies for once, geez! And it's not a fake movie, why do people keep saying tthat, the whole movie is done, it's in post prouction right now, you'll see, you'll all see!

The world is wrong, eh?? ;)

Happens to me all the time. :D

If you don't take audio tips from the people on this forum, you're headed for trouble. The visuals can be a matter of taste, but audio is good or bad, clear or not clear and there are ways to make it better. So again, just calm down and ask people how you can improve the movie.

If you think it's the greatest movie ever made, then good, don't worry about what people say. If you think you can improve, then try to solve the issues.

Again, good luck!!

Haha this individual is a hoot :)

All in honesty, I thought that when the guy in the suit was dancing with the clown guy was actually funny! Haha.

Guys I decided im gonna post the award winning short film I made, I am getting pressure to do so. I am rippin and converting it overnight, Ill try to get it online tomorrow. THank yous for your interest.

Guys I decided im gonna post the award winning short film I made, I am getting pressure to do so. I am rippin and converting it overnight, Ill try to get it online tomorrow. THank yous for your interest.

[This next post is operating under the assumption that you're serious. And apologies for sounding doubtful if you are]

That's great, but just be prepared to get some harsh criticism and to use it to do better the next time. I'm not up and saying the film sucks having not seen it, but even if it is good, there will and should be criticism. That's just part of learning.

Also, if you (according to Video Copilot) spent $11k on the trailer alone, why are you suddenly releasing the movie for free? Distribution should be planned out ahead of time.

[/Assumption]

I'm not releasing it for FREE?!?!?! I didn't say that, did I? I'm working on distribution deals to get on itunes hopefully, also I am pressin 2000 dvds for starts. I think peple should pay to watch it , but Im not in it for the money.

Oh wait I get it, you think the awar d winnign short film is 'The Forest for the Trees, no it's a different one, my old movie from flim school. The Forest is a full legnth feature film.

I'm not releasing it for FREE?!?!?! I didn't say that, did I? I'm working on distribution deals to get on itunes hopefully, also I am pressin 2000 dvds for starts. I think peple should pay to watch it , but Im not in it for the money.

Ah, well when you said you'd "post" the film, I assumed Youtube or something similar. My bad.

Also, if this is your first film and all there is to show for it is a (sorry to say) severely sub-par trailer, how many people do you expect to buy it?

Last edited:
I think what got you was the aroma of arrogance in how you titled this thread. I'm sure you're just super excited about your movie, but let's keep this in perspective. It's never a good idea to praise your own work, especially in a grandiose way. That's why people thought you were pulling their leg, it's just bad form.

I think you need a do-over. The people here are really supportive and you'll find that out with a different approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what got you was the aroma of arrogance in how you titled this thread. I'm sure you're just super excited about your movie, but let's keep this in perspective. It's never a good idea to praise your own work, especially in a grandiose way.

Seems like a lot of this going around lately. "Behold my awesome genius! Watch my short!"
Better to humbly drop your stuff off at the door step. That way there's no where to go but up.

Seems like a lot of this going around lately. "Behold my awesome genius! Watch my short!"
Better to humbly drop your stuff off at the door step. That way there's no where to go but up.

Word. Another word of advice that no one asked for: whether your parents keep telling you how wonderful you are or they insist you're a POS, don't believe them. They lie.

I'm tempted to give him sonnyboo's home number. :)

Mr, Landry,
Demanding that other people apologize to you and then like your facebook page isn't really what I had hoped you'd get out of my post. People will come around if you show a little humility. Congrats on the radio spot and I'm hoping you lighten up a little bit and return to give us some updates on how your film is progressing. There really is some good info to be had on here if you're open to it.

Hey I got friends near you in Saint John. Hes just getting back from Africa where he took photos of the head of Caledonai mining as he toured mines in Zambia.. I tried to get him to let me go along as videographer, but no dice..

Congrats. Your a good person and we love you.

It is a bit confusing. I'm guessing the forest is a metaphor, but I have no idea for what, especially after the tree clown popped in with a big smile. I'm watching on my phone, but the VFX seem a little off as well. Some motion blur would really help sell the shoulder blade fire.

And yeah, phrases like "ground-breaking director" and "best independent film" don't really work unless something like "-Time Magazine" or "-Roger Egbert" or -"Oprah" or something similar follows it.

Radio interview sounds cool though, and yeah I think a lot of us would like to see your earlier short". Hope you get a return on it and it travels as far as you hope it will. I think a new trailer might help that, one that clues us in a little more about what's going on.

This has to be put on. Some kind of Phil Hendrie internet routine right?
"You can hear it for yourselfs..." Come on, no one writes like that on a web post.

Back