on Kickstarter can a perk amount exceed your goal?

You're in the US right? I gather you aren't aware of your own labor laws. Might be time to seek legal council if you don't understand the basics of your own laws. At a dead minimum, get a producer who understands these legal issues.

I'm not canada. I don't know what these legal issues could be

Your laws may be different, though being part of the commonwealth, I suspect they're similar to ours.

I don't know what these legal issues could be

I assume your legal system has the same concept, ignorance of the law is not a legal defense. Seek a lawyer.

Your laws may be different, though being part of the commonwealth, I suspect they're similar to ours.

I assume your legal system has the same concept, ignorance of the law is not a legal defense. Seek a lawyer.

can you tell me what i need a lawyer for? haha

can you tell me what i need a lawyer for?

To keep you from going to jail... unless you prefer the alternative.

One of your plans is legal in the US, though I believe isn't legal in Canada. The other I believe is illegal in both jurisdictions.

If you fail to heed the advice, I suggest you don't drop the soap.

To keep you from going to jail... unless you prefer the alternative.

One of your plans is legal in the US, though I believe isn't legal in Canada. The other I believe is illegal in both jurisdictions.

If you fail to heed the advice, I suggest you don't drop the soap.

Whats illegal? just say it already. what am i doing wrong

Whats illegal? just say it already. what am i doing wrong
Since they cant explain. i'm good

You haven't done anything wrong yet. But from what you've said in this thread, you're either planning on breaking the law and your backup plan too. It's not my job to explain it to you and I have no intention to get caught up in your schemes by giving you legal advice. Get a lawyer and keep that sphincter or yours intact.

Seeing you believe you're good, I'm happy to sit back, wait for it to blow up and feed on your tears.

You haven't done anything wrong yet. But from what you've said in this thread, you're either planning on breaking the law and your backup plan too. It's not my job to explain it to you and I have no intention to get caught up in your schemes by giving you legal advice. Get a lawyer and keep that sphincter or yours intact.

Seeing you believe you're good, I'm happy to sit back, wait for it to blow up and feed on your tears.

you want to give me the advice of a lawyer but not tell me why. Makes no sense. There's nothing illegal about any of that. how is any of that a big deal?

There's nothing illegal about any of that.

Good luck with it. Of course there is a saying: It ain't illegal until you're caught. I suppose here's hoping dumb luck prevails. I have to say you're braver than I am. Once again, good luck.

Good luck with it. Of course there is a saying: It ain't illegal until you're caught. I suppose here's hoping dumb luck prevails. I have to say you're braver than I am. Once again, good luck.

Ya and again your your assho wasting your time being an asshole. Wtf is illegal? Christ

being an asshole

You're an idiot if you think that's going to make someone more inclined to help you. The problem you have is your ignorance. You have an attitude and you have no ability to get people to like you. On top of that, you're making a lot of missteps. You don't know what you don't know.

For instance, you still believe the producer and not the executive is the person who sources the finance. Of course you know better than everyone else.

The advice for you to get legal advice is observations from more than just this thread. It's not the first time I've scratched my head thinking that you seem to be doing your best to get yourself some jail time. From what I see, you're the kind of person who thinks they know best. Perhaps it's arrogance that comes from your supposed engineering background.

You are your own worst enemy.

You need to get yourself constant legal advice.

You're an idiot if you think that's going to make someone more inclined to help you. The problem you have is your ignorance. You have an attitude and you have no ability to get people to like you. On top of that, you're making a lot of missteps. You don't know what you don't know.

For instance, you still believe the producer and not the executive is the person who sources the finance. Of course you know better than everyone else.

The advice for you to get legal advice is observations from more than just this thread. It's not the first time I've scratched my head thinking that you seem to be doing your best to get yourself some jail time. From what I see, you're the kind of person who thinks they know best. Perhaps it's arrogance that comes from your supposed engineering background.

You are your own worst enemy.

You need to get yourself constant legal advice.

Apparently youi don't know what youi don't know. So it EP problem solved. A lot of ppl who don't venture out think everything's impossible and illegal.

Not a different story. Producer credits are handed out like candy on crowdfunding. For 8 grand I could go pick 16 projects to be a producer on, if not more.

Hell, half of them will most likely turn out pretty damn good as well.

---

At this point I'm a bit confused. You're so stubborn in your belief of a platform I feel you know a little about. Why even ask about it on a forum? You could have Googled the limit for Rewards in like ten seconds instead of making this thread. Then I give you advise (which is backed by YEARS of researching Kickstarter) and you just dismiss it as if you know better.

You call Rewards, perks. Your terminology isn't even correct.

Are you delusional? Do you think people just throw money at projects on Kickstarter? Do you think your films are revolutionary? Do you think everyone is going to love it? If you answered Yes to any of those.. you need a wake up call. Film is one of the HARDEST categories of Kickstarter to find funding. ALL Kickstarters follow a traditional formatting that has been used for YEARS that shows you're not just some random person trying to make a quick buck.

4,500 CAD is a pretty modest goal (Assuming this isn't a short, if it is you better be doing sci-fi), and it is something you could ABSOLUTELY succeed at funding. However, you need to learn what makes a successful Kickstarter. You'll either succeed or fail within the first 72 hours. That campaign needs to be captivating to a seasoned crowd of Kickstarter.

If you think someone is going to pay 8 THOUSAND DOLLAR to have a producer credit on your project, you're insane. Producer of a nobody project is like being the producer of a home-video. People that pledge to producer rewards are more about the quantity than the quality. They are looking to rapidly expand their IMDb with decent looking pages, that would be able to give the perception that they are an actual producer of some worth.

Most Kickstarter backers will be able to tell if you've done your research or not into Kickstarter. They'll know you haven't, and they'll close your page before even reading a fourth of your campaign.

-------------------

I wish you luck, I really do. But I don't appreciate trying to help you and you just throwing spite back.

i'd like you to show me 8 project (films) that turned out good made a profit or even had a decent trailer .

thanks

patiently waiting anytime. Links please

Wow, all these posts without talking about what they are talking about...
I have no clue what it is about... Sweetie and Sky what kind of shadow dance is this?
What do you think is illegal?

(Yes, I am curious by nature.)

@david:
You also mentioned a trailer:
do you have a link?

Wow, all these posts without talking about what they are talking about...
I have no clue what it is about... Sweetie and Sky what kind of shadow dance is this?
What do you think is illegal?

(Yes, I am curious by nature.)

@david:
You also mentioned a trailer:
do you have a link?

sure i'll give a link if you can tell me whats illegal. haha

Back