on Kickstarter can a perk amount exceed your goal?

No. A perk cannot exceed your goal. And unless your goal is really low, it'd be unreasonable to even make one so high.

It could even be a downfall to have a lot of really high priced perks, it could show you didn't spend much time researching KickStarter.

No. A perk cannot exceed your goal. And unless your goal is really low, it'd be unreasonable to even make one so high.

It could even be a downfall to have a lot of really high priced perks, it could show you didn't spend much time researching KickStarter.

well why would they even let my campaign go up if i couldnt then?

and it doesnt mean i wouldnt have lower perks as well. They would sort of be stretch ideas.

Can you show me where in the rules it says that, since they have absolutely no one to talk to there

well why would they even let my campaign go up if i couldnt then?

and it doesnt mean i wouldnt have lower perks as well. They would sort of be stretch ideas.

Can you show me where in the rules it says that, since they have absolutely no one to talk to there

Oh okay. Originally that was the rule for all crowdfunding sites. This seems to be one that changed in that last large update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creator+questions?ref=faq_livesearch#faq_62961

The maximum reward amount is now linked to what location you are from. If within the US you cannot have a tier higher than 10,000$. EDIT: I see you're in Canada. So 8,000 CAD.

---------------------

Do understand that most goals like that are common among new-comers to Kickstarter or people just trying to do a money grab.

1 thousand and 5 thousand dollar rewards are common among only established project creators and are used to give HUGE special editions & meet-greet / dinner / private screenings on top of them getting to be in the project in some way.

In feature films this goal normally involves letting them be on set for a day or even having a supporting role in the film.

I've never seen this kind of reward work in a short film project, as normally their goal is either a thousand or something close to that.

Oh okay. Originally that was the rule for all crowdfunding sites. This seems to be one that changed in that last large update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creator+questions?ref=faq_livesearch#faq_62961

The maximum reward amount is now linked to what location you are from. If within the US you cannot have a tier higher than 10,000$. EDIT: I see you're in Canada. So 8,000 CAD.

---------------------

Do understand that most goals like that are common among new-comers to Kickstarter or people just trying to do a money grab.

1 thousand and 5 thousand dollar rewards are common among only established project creators and are used to give HUGE special editions & meet-greet / dinner / private screenings on top of them getting to be in the project in some way.

In feature films this goal normally involves letting them be on set for a day or even having a supporting role in the film.

I've never seen this kind of reward work in a short film project, as normally their goal is either a thousand or something close to that.

Ok thanks alot so just to be clear.

I can have a goal amount of say 4500.00

but have a top perk of 8000.00? and that was gonna be a one time perk

Ok thanks alot so just to be clear.

I can have a goal amount of say 4500.00

but have a top perk of 8000.00? and that was gonna be a one time perk

Correct.... but know people aren't going to pledge solely on the fact you have that one time perk. They'll see you as unrealistic.

If you won't take my word for it, please follow this link and ask the thousands of people who have had multiple successful projects.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KickstarterBestPractices/

if i'm offering a producer role for example on an already more than half made film with a good trailer , different story

Not a different story. Producer credits are handed out like candy on crowdfunding. For 8 grand I could go pick 16 projects to be a producer on, if not more.

Hell, half of them will most likely turn out pretty damn good as well.

---

At this point I'm a bit confused. You're so stubborn in your belief of a platform I feel you know a little about. Why even ask about it on a forum? You could have Googled the limit for Rewards in like ten seconds instead of making this thread. Then I give you advise (which is backed by YEARS of researching Kickstarter) and you just dismiss it as if you know better.

You call Rewards, perks. Your terminology isn't even correct.

Are you delusional? Do you think people just throw money at projects on Kickstarter? Do you think your films are revolutionary? Do you think everyone is going to love it? If you answered Yes to any of those.. you need a wake up call. Film is one of the HARDEST categories of Kickstarter to find funding. ALL Kickstarters follow a traditional formatting that has been used for YEARS that shows you're not just some random person trying to make a quick buck.

4,500 CAD is a pretty modest goal (Assuming this isn't a short, if it is you better be doing sci-fi), and it is something you could ABSOLUTELY succeed at funding. However, you need to learn what makes a successful Kickstarter. You'll either succeed or fail within the first 72 hours. That campaign needs to be captivating to a seasoned crowd of Kickstarter.

If you think someone is going to pay 8 THOUSAND DOLLAR to have a producer credit on your project, you're insane. Producer of a nobody project is like being the producer of a home-video. People that pledge to producer rewards are more about the quantity than the quality. They are looking to rapidly expand their IMDb with decent looking pages, that would be able to give the perception that they are an actual producer of some worth.

Most Kickstarter backers will be able to tell if you've done your research or not into Kickstarter. They'll know you haven't, and they'll close your page before even reading a fourth of your campaign.

-------------------

I wish you luck, I really do. But I don't appreciate trying to help you and you just throwing spite back.

Last edited:
Not a different story. Producer credits are handed out like candy on crowdfunding. For 8 grand I could go pick 16 projects to be a producer on, if not more.

---

At this point I'm a bit confused. You're so stubborn in your belief of a platform I feel you know a little about. Why even ask about it on a forum? You could have Googled the limit for Rewards in like ten seconds instead of making this thread. Then I give you advise (which is backed by YEARS of researching Kickstarter) and you just dismiss it as if you know better.

Are you delusional? Do you think people just throw money at projects on Kickstarter? Do you think your films are revolutionary? Do you think everyone is going to love it? If you answered Yes to any of those.. you need a wake up call. Film is one of the HARDEST categories of Kickstarter to find funding. ALL Kickstarters follow a traditional formatting that has been used for YEARS that shows you're not just some random person trying to make a quick buck.

4,500 CAD is a pretty modest goal (Assuming this isn't a short, if it is you better be doing sci-fi), and it is something you could ABSOLUTELY succeed at funding. However, you need to learn what makes a successful Kickstarter. You'll either succeed or fail within the first 72 hours. That campaign needs to be captivating to a seasoned crowd of Kickstarter.

If you think someone is going to pay 8 THOUSAND DOLLAR to have a producer credit on your project, you're insane. Producer of a nobody project is like being the producer of a home-video. People that pledge to producer rewards are more about the quantity than the quality. They are looking to rapidly expand their IMDb with decent looking pages, that would be able to give the perception that they are an actual producer of some worth.

Most Kickstarter backers will be able to tell if you've done your research or not into Kickstarter. They'll know you haven't, and they'll close your page before even reading a fourth of your campaign.

-------------------

I wish you luck, I really do. But I don't appreciate trying to help you and you just throwing spite back.

wow bitter much. it was for example. thanks for your help

but i've seen the projects on kickstarter man, in film there are none there. yes i'm very confident so is everyone else.

---

-------------------

your missing an important point that producer money would be for producing not just for a lame title. I hate fuckign know it all failures. go end it all. You'll never be creative.

I'm not making the worst indie failures like all you. Again. Different story..you dont know me

your missing an important point that producer money would be for producing not just for a lame title. I hate fuckign know it all failures. go end it all. You'll never be creative.

I'm not making the worst indie failures like all you. Again. Different story..you dont know me

Just for clarification... By thought, you're using Kickstarter, making you a failure for not being able to raise the money a more traditional way. You're most likely unable to find a producer that believes in you and your project, so your only option is to use Kickstarter.

By the way, a producer doesn't fund a film. They find the funding. You're the producer of this, not whoever you give that title too.

They are an Executive Producer. Perhaps if you weren't an indie "failure" you'd know correct hierarchy and film positions.

Also, you tell me I don't know anything about you, yet you make assumptions about me? That I'm a failure and will never be creative? Your ego is massive bro.
----------------------

This will be my last post to you, I don't enjoy people who are cocky and I honestly regret helping you at this point.

Just for clarification... By thought, you're using Kickstarter, making you a failure for not being able to raise the money a more traditional way. You're most likely unable to find a producer that believes in you and your project, so your only option is to use Kickstarter.

By the way, a producer doesn't fund a film. They find the funding. You're the producer of this, not whoever you give that title too.

They are an Executive Producer. Perhaps if you weren't an indie "failure" you'd know correct hierarchy and film positions.

Also, you tell me I don't know anything about you, yet you make assumptions about me? That I'm a failure and will never be creative? Your ego is massive bro.
----------------------

This will be my last post to you, I don't enjoy people who are cocky and I honestly regret helping you at this point.

you've served your purpose fora quick question thats all. quicker than i'd find it on kickstarter.
I already have an almost finished film WHich means i've got funding thus far havent i?

Someone giving money would be producing and helping the film get done haha. For an expert on defiinitions and not making any films you really dont know much

if i'm offering a producer role for example on an already more than half made film with a good trailer , different story

Totally off-topic, but I'm curious to see that trailer.

About your question in the title: check the rules of KS.
On the other hand it looks a bit silly: "I'm trying to collect 4500, but if you are in a good mood, you can give me 8000." ;)

Totally off-topic, but I'm curious to see that trailer.

About your question in the title: check the rules of KS.
On the other hand it looks a bit silly: "I'm trying to collect 4500, but if you are in a good mood, you can give me 8000." ;)

it can be complicated. Like you need more but more than that you need this amount to atleast get what you need. Go too high you may get nothing. Make a good enough trailer etc. Get a producer to get you what you need even for a cut. Could happen

what are you talking about?

You're in the US right? I gather you aren't aware of your own labor laws. Might be time to seek legal council if you don't understand the basics of your own laws. At a dead minimum, get a producer who understands these legal issues.

Back